Asus EN8800GT 512mb voltmod?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by andrihb, Feb 6, 2008.

1. andrihb

andrihb New Member

I have two of these cards, Ive done the famous bios voltmod, but for some reason, both cards (ive tried with one, then the other, and with both in SLI) become unstable when I use it. I have 3rd party thermal grease, which gave amazing results when overclocking without the voltmod. i went from 650 to about 715mhz. When I flash the bios with the new voltage (0.05v increase) and leave all frequencies at stock, the system crashes if I try to open a 3d application. These cards have the big 2-slot cooler btw, supposed to be much better. Has anyone successfully voltmoded these cards?

2. RTY123

RTY123 New Member

GPU:
    Asus EN8800GT
    I have the same card and the same problem :bang: Card becomes unstable in 3d mode after flashing to 1,1V, sometimes i get blue screen... but if I try to launch AtiTool (3d view), the screen freezes...

Anyone out here who has successfully vmodded this card?

(Picture of the card http://www.pcolive.com/pcoimg/200712/18/200712182032580734939225.jpg)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  3. omga14

omga14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 745/915 for now
    If you have the balls or know someone to do the soldering for you then check this thread out : 8800GT Volt Hardmod

4. yoke9

yoke9 New Member

EN8800GT non ref board

OMGA14 this link is not for the card shown which i also have.
    The link is for reference board only and will not work with the blue card
    with glaciator and 3 metal capacitors.
    I also tried several bioses, either modded to 1.1v or my own bios modded with nibitor with unusable results.
    It seem no one have published a hardware volt mod for this particular card yet.
    Lets wait for the "brave one":wanker: