Asus directCU TOP 660ti, gpu boost clock bug?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by NecroDemonNZXT, Apr 1, 2014.

1. NecroDemonNZXT

NecroDemonNZXT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    Hello every1, I recently bought a used 660ti CU, with updated bios to the TOP model which has higher clocks, with boost up to 1137 on the gpu clock by itself. The previous owner used it at a stable boost of 1137 without any problems.

I, however, installed the card, cleaned drivers, reinstalled the TOP bios, and for some reason my boost gpu clocks up to 1280(max) as stated msi afterburner/asus tweak and gpuz. It seems to be working stable and my card is actually in the top 5 results in 3DMARK. I however haven't tweaked anything(other than the bios), but the gpu boost itself will overclock it to that level!

I am not sure whether this is intended or just bugged? What should I do anyway? Temps and performance is gr8, but im really worried for my card in the long run!

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If you are worried either run a negative offset with afterburner or flash the stock BIOS back.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    if its stable at 1280 leave it as is, or as stated run a - offest on your cpu core in 13 mhz steps

4. NecroDemonNZXT

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    I tried to offset and it seems like its running at about +100 of the nominal value in asus tweak, for example I tried around 1000 and it was 1100+, its really weird have there been reported any other examples of such a bug or something?

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    you should not run more than 1 monitoring tool at a time just use msi AB

6. NecroDemonNZXT

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    yeah I know :) , but I even reset to original bios, now the card boosts to 1105! Safer but still cant understand why it clocks 100 more than its supposed to!

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That is the boost feature it's normal.

8. NecroDemonNZXT

GPU:
    ATI HD4850

Yeah but I thought that with the default offset the boost would achieve the nominal boost, not more... with the default bios I get up to 1125 gpu clock, with the TOP bios, up to 1280!