ASUS announces NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB starting at 1519 EUR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 12, 2022.

1. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    If it was they wouldn't be selling these at this price. Its ridiculous but so far demand is still strong so no PC gaming is fine for now. It is starting to get a bit more PC master race though.

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Well lets agree to disagree . Nvidia increased its profit by alot. Doesn't mean final product will be much more expensive. They just secured their profit. AMD did the same.

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Cool story bro. 2008 news.

This time its the nvidia who has worse drivers. Scroll the forums. Or actually ask users who own radeon 6000.

Not mention terrible driver overhead in dx12 for Nvidia.

You can also go back to imaginary world you are living in , where NVIDIA is good guy caring about its consumers. Lmao :)

4. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon

5. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I have a 6800 and had zero instability. Adrenaline has been very stable for about a year now. Non ray tracing performance are great too. Very satisfied with my purchase so far. Very happy to have 16GB because with GPU pricing i might have to keep this one for a while.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its not, unfortunately you've not been following the issues i've brought up with @SpajdrEX about RDNA+ issues, or the various reddit and forum posts where 6900XT's just bsod - atleast some of these are PC Builder faults, quite a few folks are running 6900XT's on shitty SF psu's that can't supply them enough stable power lmao.

but yeah, theres some graphical issues going on still that AMD are slowly addressing in a number of titles that remain unlisted despite numerous public reports, as well as privately disclosed issues that certain developers have forwarded on through the Vanguard program.

Speaking of.. where there hell is Spajdrex lately.

Edit: from what i've discussed with engineers, its mainly issues stemming from the AMD recompilers that turn DX commands into native executable instructions, not everything is affected and DXVK is a legitimate workaround for many of the cases.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  7. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    The guy has been trashing AMD cpu pricing and recommending intel for a while now (pretty much a year now). I think you are the one displaying fanboyism here.

Whatever nVidia has influence or not doesn't matter. What matters is what people pay for the product. Why should people care who is at fault?

8. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Check out Nvidia side. It much more problems amd has right now.

I own r6800 and only bug i had till now was washout textures in world war z in vulkan in dx11 it is fine.

I play many older and new AAA titles. Not a single bug.

Week after i got it i had random crashes, quickly i found my psu was too weak. Year later, not a single crash or bug. Yea very bugy drivers. I never had better card since 1998 or more stable card

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'd say they are equal, i'm still waiting to hear back if the D3D9 issues with MOTN's engine were fixed on RDNA though, its probably a low priority issue since the affected games have D3D11 "definitive" releases.

...that said i've been bugging manual for traction on the SART crashes since they're affecting all turing and ampere parts, despite an early Turing hotfix resolving till atleast Supers launched.

10. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Watercooled
    According to Steam, RTX3000 owners are 21x that of RX6000 (10.5% vs 0.5%), of course you would hear more people complaining on the Nvidia side, it's just basic math.

Denial likes this.

11. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    This is worth more like 519€ But if miners want to pay it is their problem.

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Also true. I can only say for myself then than my r6800 is most stable card i ever had.

pegasus1 likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  14. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    ^^ :eek:
    Thats around £1540 or €1845

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    This is not US dollar, just in case you were using a currency converter, this is AU dollar, Australian..... land of the video cards are for Miners.

Airbud and pegasus1 like this.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Head into the desert to dig up some gold and sell it, easy profit

them Gypsy diggers have had big luck, found alot of 2-5k $ chunks what 10-20cm underground xD

Speaking of this absurd pricing, I saw old 10GB variant for 1299€ the other day, now they're all back to 1499€ min.. what kind of ... is that, there is no way they sell so much that they need to raise further.

Imo it's all a planed scam, like anything affected by current pandemic, grab them $$ while it lasts..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It absolutely is, the retailers saw what scalpers were doing and were like hey, why do they get to do that... we wanna do that too.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Highly douby may can get excited about any GPU announed or release cause you can get hold them there all bought up by bots for msrp then resold for double or triple, I seriouly hope my gpu dont die any time soon. cause I wont pay those scalped prices and even msrp is geting ridiculous

19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    I find it usually true for the big three - namely Asus (especially so), Gigabyte and MSI - their cards usually command a premium over exclusive AIB's. Just look at the 334 Euro and 299 Euro asking price for the two Asus RX 6500 XT's. As for the RTX 3080 12GB, let's see what Palit, eVGA, GALAX and Zotac bring to the table.

As for the RX 6500 XT, again, let's see what the exclusive AMD AIB's (PowerColor, Sapphire, XFX) bring to the table (especially their lower tier models). That's why I don't buy AMD and nVIdia GPU's from the big three, my two AMD cards are from Sapphire and PowerColor, and my lone nVidia card (GTX 1080) is from Leadtek.

pegasus1 likes this.
  20. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Yeah assumed USD, I've changed it, about £150 over a 6900xt then.