Asus Ageia Physx P1

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by thor2002ro, Aug 6, 2009.

1. thor2002ro

thor2002ro Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870XT
    hi all,
    i got an asus ageia physx p1 pci version comming tomorow i got windows 7 and an 4890 atomic
    can anyone tell me if i need to know anything about setting up the card,drivers & stuff ?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The AGEIA PPU is barely supported at all, albeit the 8.09.04 PhysX drivers should work for some titles. (It's the last driver to support it and contain the card drivers, works for both x86 and x64 OS's.)

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?...ch_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=AGEIA

Can also try the 8.07.x drivers as it'll bypass this limiation albeit at a performance hit.
    (8.08.x might work as well. - http://www.geeks3d.com/20080826/nvidia-forceware-17792-graphics-drivers/ )

http://www.geeks3d.com/20080805/nvidia-physx-80718-driver/

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  3. thor2002ro

thor2002ro Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870XT
    8.09.04 works like a charm thanks

4. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    If you looking to try out your card with the Batman:Arkham Asylum demo, then don`t bother, the Asus Physx card isn`t compatible with the game.

5. thor2002ro

thor2002ro Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870XT
    disappointing :(

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    It's good for older games like GRAW and GRAW 2, but thats about it. If you want Physx, honestly you should switch to Nvidia. Sell the 4890, and get a GTX 275, and a cheap 9600gt or something.

7. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Or wait and see how OpenCl pans out, it shouldn't be too long now.

8. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    The card works for me great on Mirrors Edge and Terminator Salvation, and Bionic Commando also I do believe also But I did not do the standard "touch test" to see if the fan fired up on that one, but instead just tested with the newest Physx drivers that don't use the card versus the ones that do and found the game ran better with the older working drivers. I'm using driver 8.04.25 which I found seems to work the best across the board. What you are going to have to do though is every time you have a new game that installs Nvidia Physx software during the games install, go and un-install it afterward and reinstall the older Ageia driver. If you don't what you'll end up doing is getting stuck with the newer one which does not seem to work at all in actual game environments, as it was made I guess for using secondary Nvidia cards only.

Should also note the card works with Jericho and Space Siege quite well too. Theres alot of others too. Ive found the actual list on the net for titles using the card is rather incomplete, so you will just have to shop around and see what you find.

9. thor2002ro

thor2002ro Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870XT
    on newer games even if install the old drivers ... the game will complain about old drivers and that it needs new drivers .... :(

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    For now (Not many titles at the moment is what I mean.) I guess you mean Batman and Darkest of Days as they utilize new technology from the more recent PhysX SDK updates like APEX and similar which requires version 9.x.4 something in order to work (9.x.2 something - sorry I don't remember the full version number - would probably work but might as well be up-to-date if possible.) as intended with the most recent PhysX runtime further improving performance a bit but it also introduces early support for SDK version 2.8.3 which isn't PPU compatible (CUDA GPU PhysX only, probably a good card would be a decent 9800 to handle all effects properly at good speeds, doesn't need to be a GTX or overlclock model however.)

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    For a new physx card, I would say a 9600 gt, or 8800 gso. Something in that line of cards.