Asus ACC unleashed mode unlocking cores / M4A78-E

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by skagek, Jun 22, 2009.

1. skagek

skagek New Member

GPU:
    sapphire /4870 / 512
    Hello,

After updating the bios of my M4A78-E to the latest version i was pleasantly supprised to find a new option under the ACC feature in the bios. The so called " unleased mode" :).

According to the text on the right side of the bios screen this option unleashes the full power of the CPU :3eyes:.

And sure after enabling this function my x3 720 Be CPU was regonized as a quad core CPU. I tried the same thing with my 7750BE but without succes.

Altough my x3 720 does not run stable with all cores enabled i thought this is still a newsworthy discovery. I have read that gigabyte is planning a similar function in their bios's but i did not think asus would be jumping the bandwagon as well

Any of you guys or girls unlocked a core or some cache successfully?

2. NomadicX

NomadicX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1660 Ti
    I'd read about this a week or so ago but it was just a rumour, nice that it's true. Tried it with my M4A79 Deluxe bios 1602 but 4th core is also unstable. Still it's nice to know it's there and good luck to others with locked cores, you may have gotten a killer deal from AMD. :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  3. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    this is a common trick, it was talked about when the phenom II x3's came out.

it simply that the phenom II x2's and x3 CPU's are defective quad cores so they just disable the cores and package them as duals/tripples. some of them will be stable, some wont but its how amd made their latest series.

4. NomadicX

NomadicX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1660 Ti
    Actually it wasn't common on Asus boards although there was a mod bios out there you could try. This is actually an official feature introduced by Asus in the latest bios specific to unlocking so newsworthy it is.

5. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    oh, i see.

6. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    It's good to know more motherboards support that unlocking feature. The chance of getting a CPU with a stable fourth core might only be so high, but still... It's a nice addition.

7. skagek

skagek New Member

GPU:
    sapphire /4870 / 512
    No one on Guru3D unlock a core or Cache successfully?

Hmmm i am beginning to think this is a marketing scheme.

8. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I think that's what it's been since the very first announcement — and I think any serious reviewing website will have the same opinion. However, with the fluctuations of the market, fully functional yet crippled dual/third core CPUs could appear.

Think of the Geforce 6200, think of the Geforce 6800 NU, think of the Radeon X800 GTO... These cards shared a common point in that some models had a GPU revision that allowed people to unlock fully working pipelines, unleashing those GPUs' true power. See where I'm goin'?

9. daytripper67mi

daytripper67mi Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS/HD5770/1024
    there are a buch of successful unlocks on hard forum &xtreme systems forums.

10. shaggeyman39

shaggeyman39 Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X 4850 705Clock 1150Mem
    New bios on my gigabyte board accepts two firmwares for acc. One called hybrid mode acc and normal acc. The board has dual bios and on each bios chip it stores one of the firmware. If I change the option between normal and hyrbid the bios enters a firmware flash utilty switches the acc firmware then shuts off for 10 sec then automactically turns on the pc. I have no luck with amds newest normal firmware witch does not allow unlocking. I have only had unlocking and overclocking success in hybrid mode. I cant see amd being to happy about this.

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
  12. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    maybe those that can unlock a core or two may like to try down clocking them to see if they become stable at a slightly lower freq who knows it may work then again what do i know im still running on a skt 939 4800+ x2

13. MisterWhippy

MisterWhippy Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 960

I never made a thread specifically for this. There have been very little of Nvidia boards unlocking cores. As far as I could tell, I was the first "interweb-d" person to unlock cores on an am2 nvidia board. At least one of the other cores is unstable. Increasing voltage causes flash drives to fry. Ive already bricked 2. It makes no sense how, but I was dingling with the calibration % and moved core 2 & 3 to 4% core calibration....8 gig flash drive wont work in any computer.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=297805

14. jameskelsey

jameskelsey Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 6950 2GB
  15. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    ^___^ see my thread
    " Phenom II X2 550 --> Phenom II X4 B50 Performance gain "

on main page.

16. stardreamer77

stardreamer77 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4890/HTDI/1GD5
    i also can unlock the X2 550, but can't pass burn test..(restart or shut down when 3dmark06 or OrthosX4 :bang:)
    and orther problem is the cpu will back "normal" (2 core) everytime after cool boot..:puke2: