Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP question

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by lenehan, Jun 25, 2012.

1. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    Hi, Just got myself Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP. Need to know some core voltage advise from all of you.

To my understanding when the ATI released the 7970 reference card, the voltage clock at 1.175v/925MHz if I am not wrong. But most custom card will will clock at 1.162 or lower/925MHz stock clock.

My question is, if I want to downclock for this asus DCII Top to 925MHz What the recommention voltage I need? I am the user of MSI AB.

Thanks

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Why would you want to downclock? And there is no recommended voltage, all cards are different

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    I don't think you need to downclock with that card. What ASUS did with that card/cooler can handle it's clocks it shipped with, trust me.

4. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    Thank you for the reply. The reason for benchmarking the card at different clock and voltage. But some how the MSI AB struck at 0.8v(800mv) and not reading the actual voltage of the card.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    You should then try ASUS's tool,

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/Features/GPU_Tweak/

It is capable of Voltage changes as well. Being as you have an ASUS card especially a Direct CU II, it should be more than compatible.

It IS possible to run this with MSI AB, even if it is to just adjust the voltage. I'd suggest disabling the voltage adjustment in MSI AB first before trying anything with ASUS GPU Tweak. Do this just to avoid possible issues between the two.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012