Asus 6950 DC II 1GB Voltage

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by moreno, May 28, 2011.

1. moreno

moreno New Member

GPU:
    Asus 6950 1GB DC II@6970
    Hello,
    I have successfully unlocked shaders in my Asus 6950 DC II 1GB. I am able to overclock core to 880 Mhz, but no more, though temperatures are low.
    I need more voltage. Since Asus DCII is not reference card, I am not able to modify voltage with MSI Afterburner, Trixx, nor RBE.
    In RBE, voltage table is empty, and if I manually set the voltage to for example 1.2, I get blue screen on windows startup.

So far I managed to modify voltage only with Asus SmartDoctor. With 1.2V, I can do 950 Mhz core with no problem. However, SmartDoctor is a very crap tool. Sometimes it has problems with setting voltage (it sets some random values). Even if I don't change any settings, just having SmartDoctor open, from time to time causes blue screen to my Windows 7 x64. Moreover, SmartDoctor monitoring causes stuttering... If I set monitoring interval to 5 sec, every 5 sec i get FPS drop. If I set it to 1 min, every 1 min i get FPS drop, and 1 min is the max interval you can get, and you cannnot disable monitoring.

All of that eliminates using SmartDoctor as an OC tool.

Is there any way I can change core voltage on my Asus 6950 1GB DC II ? Permanent BIOS modification would be perfect, but software tool will do for me too...

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  2. sprewell

sprewell Member

GPU:
    2 x Asus 6990s
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Asus DumbDoctor. Your findings are the same as mine. That software is feces. Not only does it not save your voltage settings but it is very dangerous. It would randomly set the voltage including all the way to 1.5v! I'm lucky it didn't fry my card. Will never install that software again.

Such a shame that it is the only way to increase the voltage on this awesome card. The hardware has so much potential for overclocking yet you can't have it for day to day use because the software is useless. Hope Asus realises how crap their software is in this case.

3. Jeepster50

Jeepster50 Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6950DCII 2GB CF
    This thread might help you out;"http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141858&highlight=racerx&page=4"