Astronomers may have found giant alien 'megastructures' orbiting star near the Milky

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Deathchild, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Article is f*cking dumb and that's all that needs to be said.

This part was particularly amusing:

Perhaps if the author attended college he would learn about this cool thing called "Stefan–Boltzmann law" which basically invalidates every stupid thing he says about thermal radiation in the article. How the **** does he even explain satellites which face the same day, night cycle? How come they aren't all overheating?

How about the fact that we placed LRRR's on the Surface of the moon that any nation can use to ping lasers off of to get measurements and they do that regularly. How does he explain that?

Or how about the multiple nations who have sent probes through the Van Allen Radiation belts and measured the radiation significantly less than earlier estimates and given those numbers it can be shown that the astronauts only received ~32mrem of radiation which trivial.

How about Russia? Who had literally every telescope in their entire country pointed at the moon in order to **** all over America if they had failed? How come they never said it was fake? Or the ISS which you can see with binoculars. He even admits that manned space flight hit 300 miles, how are they getting their without boiling according to his ****ty math?

At the end of the article he states:

That's amusing because there are multiple professionals that easily prove it's real and professional film people who claim it couldn't even be faked during that time period.

Article is bad and you should feel bad for posting it. I honestly wish Hilbert/Admins would just ban all moon denier people off the forum instantly. It always leads to the dumbest discussions where people post ****ty creepy music youtube videos with dumb bull**** that makes my head hurt in the worst way. Or worse, articles like this where authors think basic physics is enough to come definitive conclusions on advanced topics. It's dumbing down society to the point where physically impeding scientific progress, which is a shame.

2. Foonus

Foonus Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070SC
    If anyone is fishing for a ban its you for personal harassment...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  3. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Not sure what it is lately with the conspiracy nuts crawling out of the woodwork.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm not locking this thread because of any personal beliefs, I am locking it because you guys cannot have a nice conversation with each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.