1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assetto Corsa: Competizione (PC)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RzrTrek, Jun 14, 2018.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    It's a good game with the highest level of authenticity, top-notch physics, audio and visuals, but it's still in alpha and I would recommend that you wait for the full game release.

The game currently suffers from broken AI (runs out of fuel, dives into every corner and sometimes drives around in circles), multiplayer rating and race session issues and a plethora of bugs.

However I'm sure they'll be able to fix all of the currently know bugs by the time for the full release and polish the game further in time for the 2019 update,

but even then you should expect a lot of new bugs and crashes in the initial weeks post release, but that's not exclusive to this game.

Sabbath likes this.
  2. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    OK Thank's

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz

Hopefully they will improve the netcode and stop the cars from sliding through corners and choppy steering wheel motion while spectating.

Also the graphics would have looked so much better, had they not maxed out the sharpening filter (max value: 200), but it was still fairly entertaining.

01:18 qualifying, 22:40 race start (45 min). For those of you who aren't aware, most of the cars and tracks has not been released.

I'm just going to leave this bonus video at the end. It's a little sneak peek of things to come.

serbicu likes this.
  4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz

Too bad Aston Martin went with a V8 for 2019, because the V12 was a beast, but we'll get both, but have to wait for the 2019 update for the new content post release.

The one and only McLaren, unless a 720S joins during the 24 hours of Spa and it's not like the SRO can force cars on teams, but a few people don't seem to understand that.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    The update is live!!!

Hopefully the game update will be pushed in time for the evening and by that time, I'll be wanting to drive my Porsche 911 at Spa-Francorchamps.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  6. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    A lot of new game crashes while loading, playing online and watching replays. They also forgot to include the anticipated livery editor, pit-crew and driver swap animations.

Apparently they're also having some serious issues with their back-end, where you'll have a hard time finding servers and ratings not updating to their leaderboards.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    Developer sees "no reason" to add promised RTX support to Assetto Corsa Competizione
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...t-about-rtx-support.59637/page-4#post-1081695 (an account may be required to read the developer post) and the forum thread was locked as always.

The list of broken promises by Kunos just keeps getting longer and their incompetence is starting to show, where a lot of features are still shown as "beta" in the final game, which is disappointing.

Also all of the above mentioned features, such as livery editor, pit-crew and driver swap animations are still nowhere to be found and there's still no word when they will be included.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019 at 2:35 PM
  9. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    I've got ACC installed, but I haven't really put time in it yet. It's clear the 'released' game is still an early access game. I trust they'll keep plugging away, but I'm also confident that it'll be a year or so before ACC actually *looks* like a released game. It's a shame Kunos appears to have bitten off more than it can chew. Considering the state of the game, I think they're right to "cancel" RTX for the time being and focus on stuff that actually matters to the game, not the headlines.