Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. tfam26

tfam26 Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 30 series

Can confirm this too.

Trying to take full system offline results in crashing about every 10 minutes. Played 4 hour marathon last night with ethernet connected Uplay, zero crashes. (System stable in Prime95/occt/etc after several hours)

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    so HDR is broken badly !!!

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Do you own the game or using uplay+?

4. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Would love to get to England but the Norway quest A Cruel Destiny won't give any quests. The opening cutscene where you talk to Sigurd won't finish. It's not a crash, it just goes back to the starting prompt to talk to Sigurd.

I could ask for a save from the forum from anywhere in England but chances are it won't work on another's account like they don't in Odyssey. But since Ubisoft Connect is technically a brand new launcher maybe there's a slight chance they would work. At least I'm happy for all here who have not been permanently stuck because a quest had some trouble proceeding past a certain point. Another way of calling it a bugged quest.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    How so? Works fine and even better than in Odyssey for me!

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I cannot get the game to run at a locked 4K/60fps like I could in Odyssey. Currently running Hardware Unboxed optimized settings which does complete the benchmark at 60fps but things like PC and NPC conversations, looking at specific locations, some scenes in caves make my FPS drop to 50-55 and I have no idea how to fix that. Not keen on running Medium preset either and I shouldn't have to imho with a 3080.

Either it's the GPU that is not fully utilized for some reason or it's something else. Worth noting that switching to Adaptive Quality 60FPS does nothing.

[​IMG]

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    @Netherwind what happen if you add extra clocks to VRAM? like +1000Mhz for example.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I already added +500 in MSIAB, not sure I would dare add +1000. Is it even possible to run the mem at 21Gbps effective?

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Adaptive Quality 60FPS issnt working for me either. Wonder why a german magazine (gamestar, *cough*) could say in their tests its working superb and its a good option to consider..

I cant imagine we are the only ones with the problem that the option issnt even working, at all..

Oh and btw. thse shitheads at ubi deciced to move away from their "almost" working like a normal forum to an even worse one, which has nothing to do with a forum anymore at all..totally confusing new one..making it more harder for everyone, sigh ubisoft. The login button is also not working there anymore (you need to click first login to post, the normal login buttin issnt doin anything!), it was working fine a few days ago...lol...yo uwant to report something and they are making it more and more harder for you..login at their other sites is working fine tho..
    Old: https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisplay.php/2241-Assassin-s-Creed-Valhalla-General-Discussion
    New: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/?lang=en-US

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    cerebus23 likes this.
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    FPS drops down to 60 at 3440x1440 and GPU is never above 95% and strangely cool. Feels like something is holding it back.
    Only when moving down to Medium preset did I get an FPS boost up to 70 (while in a demanding area).

[​IMG]

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    should be rectified by the upcoming r460 driver, its a ryzen specific performance abnormality.

Maddness, Netherwind and JonasBeckman like this.
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Curious, heard from the Dolphin Github discussions and pull requests that the 5000 series rectifies at least one performance issue with certain calculations but then in turn newer AGESA code seems like it has potential to improve and resolve things over the now fairly mature 3000 series CPU's possibly also further software updates through the chipset driver package even if a lot of this goes for the motherboard and that hasn't changed.

Early Zen scaling problems and CPU support took time though so there could still be usage cases and individual titles or certain situations where there are still issues or perhaps here it's also driver specific for NVIDIA and CPU/GPU performance inter operations or how to call it, scaling I suppose. :D

Hmm 460.20 as the insider driver but if there's nothing newer then 457.xx is probably the better overall driver for now either the main 457.30 I think it was or the Vulkan branch variant for those needing that. (Probably more for development purposes and some few additional VLK fixes until that gets merged in.)

Good to know about that though, will be interesting to see what NVIDIA has for the 460.x branch when these start rolling out whether soon or for the new Windows 10 update for 2021 but that's still a few months away so there's some room for one or two major version branch updates I'm thinking even if there might be some more 457.xx driver releases or possible hotfixes still before the next jump.
    (But as I don't track it very much it could be closer than I'm thinking.)

Could also be room for additional Ampere driver tuning plus what Ubisoft can do for the game and it's D3D12 implementation and additional optimization work and more bug fixes from wider testing following the games launch now and the first major update which Ubisoft tends to have on a roughly monthly basis or so.

Might make a bit of a difference although it could also focus more on general platform independent bug fixes and enhancements with future updates tackling more platform specific issues timing and testing and all that.
    (Finalizing the internal list of fixes and changes and getting the code ready for testing and certification for consoles and all that stuff takes a while.)

EDIT: Just theorizing mostly, good to know about some of these quirks and issues the game might have or software or specific hardware or drivers for said hardware, can be quite helpful and if nothing else knowing it's not the system or some problem like that.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Puh, quite a relief. Thanks a lot!

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    @Netherwind I can go up to +1200 on VRAM, but ofc your card can have different VRAM freq limit.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Forgot to reply, tried +1000 zero difference. Even disabled CPU OC just to check, no difference.

17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Interesting ... well let's hope that a new gfx driver will remedy that :)

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Forced Nvidia sharpening option and that caused textures pop-ins among light sources glitches

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You should see how bad it is for COD players pairing Ampere and Ryzen.

the WSL driver is not included.... It predates Ampere so obviously theres no fixes there XD

Several "Profile" fixes will be removed, as an underlying problem that resulted in bad cached shaders will be resolved, this will bring performance up across a number of DX12 titles, if you've played FM7, you might have noticed a slight fps drop going from 456 to 457 (unless you were already using my profile to fix the crashes/texture glitching)

That profile fix was introduced across a number of dx12 titles including WoW to resolve texture flickers. (The underlying problem afaik is linked to background shader optimizations introduced in 445).

Then you've got the obvious maturing of the nvidia shader compilers, and tweaking of the hybrid scheduler so Ampere gpu's are made better use of.

Further improvements for HAGS

Hopefully a joint firmware+driver resolution for the Oddysey DSC issues.

The introduction of Resizable Bar (that might not make 460)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  20. Forceflow

Forceflow Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Anyone else noticing worse performance on ryzen? Which is ironic, since this game was handed out for free with my Ryzen 3900X.

Standing on the dock at Fornburg, looking into the village (the worst spot I've been able to find, framerate-wise), using HUB optimized settings:

Ryzen 3900X: 57 fps
    6700K (4.4 ghz): 63 fps

(Rest of system is the same: 2070S, ssd, 32 GB Ram)

Even adaptive can't pull the framerate to 60 on my Ryzen system.