Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    The leaks and rumors so far have been entertaining, will be fun to see how much of it's true unless this will be more of a quick teaser or reveal for a later reveal and trailer which happens now and again. :D
    More everything and additional RPG elements, well should be fun though a slight bump in experience gain might be helpful.

Wonder how the mythological bits will factor in, might not be quite as brutal as some of the Celtic tales (Cu Culainn and such.) but they're plenty messed up even for the fragments and parts that survived.
    And a ton of DLC no doubt both content wise and various premium items whatever the currency for it is this time.

EDIT: Well they might avoid some of it but it's probably too tempting not to involve Loki ha ha!
    (Then again aside from that one statue in Odyssey and the numerous screenshots - ON THE FAST TRAVEL ICON. ahem. - Zeus wasn't featured much even in the DLC parts.)

3. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    OOOOOH CMON plz let it be VIKINGS :D

XenthorX likes this.
  4. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    Ever since Skellige I've wanted a game focused on a medieval Norse time period. God of War didn't quite scratch the itch well enough. I wouldn't mind a much more brutal, harsh Assassin's Creed by the way.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Icy mountain on one side, French castle(?) on the other.
    Viking invasion?

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  6. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    Could be an english castle as well, who knows. I really like what i see so far. I just hope they make it an RPG again (Origins & Odyssey were both amazing) and include MP coop again.

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    upload_2020-4-29_16-17-45.png

Norman soldier? Or maybe even Crusades?

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Fancy stonework fortifications would be around year 1000 wouldn't it? For some historical accuracy that would be around the late to end part of the viking culture if so as larger parts of the Nordic countries converted over to Christianity instead.
    (Early to late 900's for Sweden and Denmark I believe, almost the start of Year 1000 for Sweden but a bit earlier for when the Danish king accepted baptism.)

Simpler stonework defenses date back much earlier but fancy sculptures, towers and what not would be a bit different.

EDIT: Or just go for full anachronism stew, Viking Crusader!
    Or not.

EDIT: Normandy, 1066 and those were mostly wood.
    Not like the series hasn't diverted from historical accuracy although it has also been pretty accurate for even smaller details.

And this is Julius Caesar the best horse chariot racer in Rome!
    (AC Origins related.)
    And then Brutus stabbed Caesar in the dic-tator.
    (Apparently possibly a real historical detail from some sources.)

9. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    The artist is drawing a Viking boat now. Har har! :D

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    upload_2020-4-29_16-44-9.png 8c6a63e02b49d774024e3220f317cf7a.jpg

Does look a decent amount like a Viking shortboat

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    castle is now a ruin

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its vikings :D

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    the moon

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Assassins Creed: Valhalla
    Trailer Date: April 30, 8AM PDT / 5PM CEST

[​IMG]

@Hilbert Hagedoorn

15. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    A tinge of game of thrones?

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    A game of horns.
    [​IMG]

Well the old classic cow horn helmet trope might be avoidable. :D
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HornyVikings
    (This trope is for the helmets in fact.)

There's also the classic opera viking style but the more modern design aren't as good ha ha.
    (The older ones though despite stylized with that particular design as the above image or wing motifs were really good.)

XenthorX likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I wonder if it will be a fantasy game again.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  18. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    always buying AC games at a solid sale point. never on release\full price. although Black Flag and Odyssey were
    very good games, i still think the series is squeezed way too much.

i like Vikings ( tv show ), and one of my all time favorite games was the first Rune, so i might
    check it out on release.

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    First game in the Assassin's Creed series I bought on purpose was Odyssey, on sale (just a couple of months ago, late last year maybe around September or so). I actually do enjoy the game, and it really looks stunningly beautiful. I haven't finished it, and actually did lose interest simply because the game's world is way too large, way past the 'necessary' point. It's ironically fun to know that the world I'm in is that big. But in practice it's just so intimidatingly large that it turns me off knowing I'd have to travel 'x, y, z' times to that many locations if I wanted to explore the whole thing, meh. The actual gameplay per se is fun though. I do enjoy combat, and sneaking behind enemies or being tracked down by tougher units from time to time. It's cool.

I'd say it's an overall sort of "positive mixed bag" more than a negative one. But there's not enough 'hook' to get me going non-stop. I did play about 25 hours so far in my game, but that's across a time span of several months. So I play short sessions, forget about it for weeks, do that again a few times, rinse and repeat. Never been able to just keep on playing just that until the end. Just too damn big just for the sake of being big really. But it sure as hell does look very good, I'll give that to the game.

I did say I bought it 'on purpose'. That's because the only other game in the franchise I own is (or rather was) Assassin's Creed 3, simply because I got a code to download it after buying my GTX 970 some years ago. I did get the code in my mail after registering the card and info stuff just fine. And I did download the game, but I never bothered launching it even once. So in essence, never played it anyway. Now, today I don't even know where I put that code, long gone from several hard drive wipes and Windows reinstallations over the years, nor would I even know where to look for it again on any sites. So today I don't think I can say I even own it anymore (and it never was the physical copy, it was just a code to get the digital version).

With all this said, if AC Valhalla happens to be an interesting setting and timeline I'll probably get it. Not 'day one', I'll definitely wait something like a year for the usual big patches to come out and maybe one or two DLCs, then I'll probably look for it again. I do like me some viking stuff, so yeah; why not.

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    I'd say yes. Last 2 AC rpgs sold well so they'll def go that route again. The Norse mythology has plenty of gods and beasts you could face in a fight.

Can't wait to get Odin's hammer as a reward!