Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Nuh,this is a common mistaken rumor..always the same thing,never understood(and I won't) why some people complain/argue about it. ITS NOT TRUE that before you fill max Vram you will run out of power...YES sometimes this will happen but not always.

2. TheTrain

TheTrain Member

GPU:
    So guys what's the general consensus about the 970 performance [1080p] with Unity? GameGPU have a bench with 45 FPS - 60 FPS for a 970, PCGH ~45FPS, anandtech 38FPS. Why the hell is there so much difference from one site to another?

I5 750 stock
    GTX 970
    16GB Ram

Maxed Out with PCSS/HBAO+ [All the nvidia stuff] and FXAA [1080p], vSync enabled
    Free roam in Paris:
    38 FPS [Large crowded area] - 45 FPS while walking
    50 FPS - 60 FPS on the rooftop
    60 FPS Indoors
    With TXAA I have stable 30 FPS while walking.

The 750 is holding me back or these number are fine with Unity? [95% GPU load in large crowded areas, 99% GPU load in general]
    To be clear i'm fine with this performance, after all it looks stunning. But i want to compare the 750 with the newest Ivi Bridge

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  3. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    95% gpu usage indicates that something is bottlenecking your gpu, which is most likely your cpu :)

4. TheTrain

TheTrain Member

GPU:
    Yep I know this, I'm confused because I see people with a single 970 that can play this at 60 FPS, someone at 30 FPS, others at 45 FPS [There is the same inconsistency with Benchmark]. De facto a 970 can handle 60FPS with this game? Because I really doubt that a 5% of GPU can give me a boost of ~30 FPS :)

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I'm at 4.8Ghz and still cant reach 99% GPU usage all the time, can you?

6. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Alot can make the fps vary, depending on hardware... but also game settings - are those people using the exact same settings, including resolution? Cause it sounds like that isnt the case :)

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Which is likely due to a slight cpu bottleneck at times.

Im using sli, so gpu usage tops off at about 97% for me.

8. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Does anyone have 'screen freezing' problem in game? It happens inconsistently, the game will freeze for roughly 5 seconds then just carry on as normal..? It isn't the most annoying thing in the world as it only happens once an hour-ish, but I'm just curious to see if its a game bug or my system.

9. TheTrain

TheTrain Member

GPU:
    I've this too, it's a common issue from what i know

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I never had freezing or stuttering even my Vram is maxed.

11. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Stuttering is non existent for me unless I change the AA settings in game which turns it into a stuttering mess and frames drop to 10fps unless I restart the game, but that's not uncommon to have to restart a game after graphics settings are changed.

The issue I'm having is that it's just out and out freezing for 5 seconds and then carries on as normal... this happens for no particular reason, it has happened on the roof tops and in a crowd.

12. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    i have the same freezing problem. the stuttering is also there but it is not that bad that it hampers my gameplay or my immersion while the cut scenes are on.

this is definitely very poorly optimized because i tried dialing down the settings of environment, texture & shading to low and it has no impact on fps. The only thing which does make a difference is the antialiasing settings and that i have just switched off because it is not worth it.

i know i dont have a 980/970 but if lowering the settings doesnt make a difference in the fps then i have to believe the game is poorly coded. did wait around till patch 4 before i started this as i ve an older card but guess that hasnt helped much.

if anyone has any performance settings that they can share/suggest for a better experience on my rig, would really appreciate it.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Any ideea when the next patch comes out? Perhaps a patch that will not further screw SLI users in an already screwed up game. Far Cry 4 wasn't the greatest PC version either, but at least it's playable now. In AC:Unity I get that horrible SLI water flickering (and I think also an overall performance decrease) since the last patch and I don't want to and should not be forced to use a pirated .exe of an earlier game version either to fix it for crying out loud! :bang:

PS - Before firing up the game again, I was planing to start a new game... turns out that you can't. lolwut?!?! Every AC game had like 3 separate save slots, was that aslo too hard for AC:Unity? :3eyes:

14. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I believe the new free DLC is out this week, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a patch included with fixes as well.

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I hope we get a surprise with the tessellation patch along with Dead Kings DLC.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    What they still havent patched tessellation in it? fail :grin:

17. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ? tess patch ? whats up with thessellation...

18. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
  19. BoobZ

BoobZ Active Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
  20. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb