Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Hey, when the horse is down for the count, some people just can't help themselves from throwing in any extra rocks that they can find.

2. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Let say, the screenshootd i have seen who are taken on closed zone ( with wall around in a street ), are ok, at the moment you increase the range, the LOD and geometry start to go deep. This is normal ( in a certain extend ).

This said, who know, extra tesselation could challenge it, by add more details and keep up with geometry a bit... but performance will not be stellar.

The tesselation used is the gameworks version, i dont know in what it is different of the DX11 versions ( features mentionned are all available on DX11 in the description ).. dont know why it have been delayed too.

3. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    On my PC I get 35-50fps (Avg 45) @1600x900p resolution, and no stuttering with max details (maybe SDD helped with that). Unity runs better than I expected, probably even better than PS4 version. But the thing is, theres no SMAA, and default FXAA makes everything looks way too blurry, so right now I'm using MSAAx2. In this game MSAA also has some additional filters, but it still looks sharper compared to FXAA. With MSAAx2 I get 35 Avg fps, even in Paris, and it's playable on gamepad.

Anyway graphics in this game is stunning, human faces, lighting effects and indoor quality looks superb and it's clear improvement over AC4. Also buildings are very detailed and you can even see "fake" interiors ("windows" are not just flat texture anymore). The only thing that looks bad is texture quality in the distance. I wonder if that issue could be fixed on 6GB Vram cards, if not maybe mods/patch can fix that in the future.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You keep it up with your logic and sense making and I may just have to give you an infraction or 2.

I kid. I do agree with you though. They're all guilty of it. :nerd:

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ah ok, there is a lack of scale shots going around, hopefully an option or even a tweak to increase the lod will arrive soon.

Yeah, i have no idea what Nvidia is doing different with Gameworks tessellation, but it did look very nice on the tech video.
    I noticed they called it DirectX and not DirectX11, not sure why they have dropped the 11.

6. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    That's because just like in Black Flag MSAA also has forced FXAA so every AA option in Unity is blurry. BF had SMAA which was/is significantly sharper than all the other AA options it provided as it was the only one without forced FXAA or the temporal blur of TXAA. Nothing will ever make FXAA not blurry because in it's essence it's designed to just smooth the entire screen.

Given the option between FXAA or none I always go with the later with the only exception being Borderlands 2 as there isn't enough detail to notice, it isn't AA if it just blurs the whole screen IMO. I could get the same look and performance by upscaling everything from 720p and using 4xMSAA instead of native 1080p.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I know, I know... there's no place for logic on the internet.

I'll try reacting more irrationally next week when FarCry 4 comes out. The minute I start it I'll find something to throw a fit about. :)

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Just walk up to a tree and zoom in as close as you can...then stare at it for a bit. Do the same with shadows on the ground. That's what all the good PC gamers do anyway.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Despite only having downloaded 48% of the game, I was able to carry on playing and reached Act 1, Mission 3. Performance on maxed out TXAA/PCSS settings at 1920x1200 is around 40-50 fps on average, though the game doesn't feel smooth due to what feels like microstuttering. It's never unplayable but it is distracting at times.

I have noticed some artifacts when using TXAA...mainly white specks that appear in a line, like texture seaming, which goes away when dropping down to MSAA, FXAA or no AA. Also there are some weird lighting glitches on the walls and floors, an intense yellow light that moves with the camera inside the mansion at the start of Act 1, Mission 3. Also, there is a lot of shimmering on backgrounds and even with TXAA there is a lot of aliasing (FXAA seems somewhat better in many ways). Kind of annoying given that this is supposed to be an NVIDIA sponsored game and I'm using the latest 344.65 drivers for it.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It might be because the Nvidia added features are not finished yet, as higher levels of tessellation were supposed to be available but that has been delayed.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Something i found and i can confirm this.

I have now 40-50fps on high textures with almost everything other high, except bloom off and FXAA, no stuttering, lol...1400x900 tho, 1680x1050 eating too much fps.

12. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Does anyone know how to transfer Uplay games to anotther computer? My wife purchased Unity a few minutes ago. SO instead of downloading another 40+ GB, I transferred my files to her computer. But when she launched Uplay, it's making her download the whole game. I put the files where they are supposed to go.

13. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Did you try starting the download. Close Uplay then copy the files over and restart Uplay?

14. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No I didn't. I'll try that and then report back.

EDIT:

Didn't work.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Got the game running completely maxed out Ultra settings FXAA 1080p Vsync off and using Dxtory to cap fps to 30fps.

It stays pegged at a consistent 30fps all the time apart from cutscenes where I strongly believe the game loads in MUCH more detailed character models and ramps up the graphics even more than when actually playing the game.

During cutscenes it slows to around 25fps but its only during cutscenes, the actual gameplay is pegged at 30fps. Played for around 4 hours now so quit into the game and even in very heavily populated areas the fps still stays pegged at 30fps.

The graphics are massive step up from ACIV imho the lighting is excellent, the shadows are crisp and soft, the facial animations and textures are out of this world.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Just copy it and run the exe. It should work.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    lol wtf is going on with this game. It was running fine before w/o stuttering with my settings, now its back all over again, no matter what settings i use now....even 1280x800 with low was running fine before, i get the same stuttering...its not funny anymore!

18. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Developers shouldn´t let nvidia touch their games code, they have agenda to make new games look and run like crap for previous generation cards even on the lowest settings, Kepler in this case.

Seriously, assassin´s 3 looked and ran so much better on my q6600/gtx260 @ medium settings than this game @lowest settings on my actual pc. Expect more of the same crap for the new farcry and the witcher game.

19. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    Try this but with ACU instead of WD

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
Thread Status: