Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Indeed. SMAA with SFX is the best option, but without DS resolution is not enough for kill the aliasing.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    In this game, FXAA is awesome. You can't tell the difference between FXAA and MSAA..

FXAA gets unfair treatment, which I think is due to when it first came out and it noticeably blurred the screen.

FXAA now though is far superior to when it first became available. It no longer blurs the image, and the aliasing correction is exceptional. MSAA is too expensive an option in today's graphics engines..

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    As long as the end result is the same, what difference does it make?

I bet I could take a screenshot with SMAA and with FXAA and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.. I can say this with confidence, because there is no difference between FXAA and MSAA in AC Unity other than a massive performance gap.

4. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Can anyone explain how to get this new sli profile? I downloaded geforce experience, but I see no option to download profiles.... only optimize games, which assassins creed unity isn't even on my list...

Help :(

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Profiles come with the new drivers don't they ?
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=394541

6. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    I just want to say that I would like to use DS + SMAA for less aliasing but the performance is too low in this game, So its impossible. FXAA is the best option here but only in the absence of any alternatives.

Do you have Inspector mate? If so check your Unity profile. It must be like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  7. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Yes by Andy from nvidia mentioned there was a new sli bit/profile available to ACU as of this morning different from the profile included with the driver release...

*edit*

nevermind figured it out, just check for updates with the beta box checked. Verified in inspector and I have the new profile., thanks everyone :)

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The Watch Dogs ones were even crazier. :D

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Thats for AMD

Nvidia sends you game profile updates automatically, without having to download new driver. Unless you chose to disable this behaviour.

Although with every big-title release, downloading specific new driver is recommended

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My apologies if it has already been mentioned but I have not been following this thread for the past few days so I've only just found out that the game is actually unlocked and playable now here in the UK. I started installing the 41 GB download not expecting to be able to play it until Friday midnight at the earliest but discovered that I could play the first prologue mission once it got past the Playable marker on the Download progress bar. In fact, the game started automatically. However, once I'd played that short prologue then the game simply tells me that it is 20% installed so it looks like I will have to wait for the rest.

Initial impressions are that this game looks beautiful and a noticeable improvement on last year's game in terms of lighting, modelling (faces look very good) and detail. The game defaulted to High settings at 1920x1200 with 2xMSAA and was running at 50-60 fps, albeit with some hitching though nowhere near Watch_Dogs levels. I did notice that the game enabled the Stretching setting and so doesn't really support 16:10 at all as disabling it makes characters look less stretched. Anyway, I cranked up the settings to Very High and maxed out all the other options including Shadows on PCS and AA on TXAA. The game runs at around 45 fps so there isn't a big framerate hit over the default settings. Obviously, this is only the prologue sequence so I expect a bigger hit once I reach Paris and its large crowds.

Cannot really comment on the gameplay yet or mission variety, story, etc. other than to say that it is predictably similar to every other Assassin's Creed game in terms of combat and free-running. I'm sure that surprises absolutely no-one!

11. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Meh... Notre-Dame looks decidedly low-poly in that pic for such an important landmark and being so close. The textures on it look pretty awful too, but that might just be a result of your resized screenshot.

12. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Yeah even on max texture settings, sometimes you notice buildings 100-200 meters away look low poly.

13. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    That is once again Ubisoft at it's best.
    They did it with Watchdogs E3 images and have done it again with ACU.
    I expect nothing less with Far Cry 4.

Do not trust this company...

14. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    Yeah, i don't know about you guys, but i'm not impressed with games that look great near the player and start too look shabby a few meters away anymore. In my opinion, it would be better if they scaled back the overall graphics in favor of something more balanced, what's the point of looking awesome while you're are still, and when you roam, objects start to materialize at short distances, npcs details shift in front of you, when they aren't simply popping up from thin air, buildings not much far away looking like they're made of cardboard, etc. This is something that always bothered me, it just kills immersion.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I find it funny people jump on Ubisoft so hard for doctoring pre-release screenshots.
    When Activision, EA, Bethesda, 2K... basically every publisher does the exact same thing.

Yeah, Ubi screwed Watch_Dogs pretty hard, but... I'm not gonna state my opinions on that "game" again. :)

Should be common sense by now that every screenshot shown of a game before release should be taken with a grain of salt. Damn near all are staged, Photoshopped and tweaked.
    A buddy of mine that worked at Monolith said they'd spend hours, even days taking screenshots of FEAR 2... submit them to Warner Bros for marketing. Only to see the screenshot in a magazine and see WB had touched up the whole image.

16. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    This,
    totally agree with you.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't see any proof that they are doctored though.

There are plenty user generated shots of this game in the screenshot thread that look better than the Ubisoft advertised shot above, and downsampling is in no way doctoring.

18. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Hey, when the horse is down for the count, some people just can't help themselves from throwing in any extra rocks that they can find.

19. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Let say, the screenshootd i have seen who are taken on closed zone ( with wall around in a street ), are ok, at the moment you increase the range, the LOD and geometry start to go deep. This is normal ( in a certain extend ).

This said, who know, extra tesselation could challenge it, by add more details and keep up with geometry a bit... but performance will not be stellar.

The tesselation used is the gameworks version, i dont know in what it is different of the DX11 versions ( features mentionned are all available on DX11 in the description ).. dont know why it have been delayed too.

20. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    On my PC I get 35-50fps (Avg 45) @1600x900p resolution, and no stuttering with max details (maybe SDD helped with that). Unity runs better than I expected, probably even better than PS4 version. But the thing is, theres no SMAA, and default FXAA makes everything looks way too blurry, so right now I'm using MSAAx2. In this game MSAA also has some additional filters, but it still looks sharper compared to FXAA. With MSAAx2 I get 35 Avg fps, even in Paris, and it's playable on gamepad.

Anyway graphics in this game is stunning, human faces, lighting effects and indoor quality looks superb and it's clear improvement over AC4. Also buildings are very detailed and you can even see "fake" interiors ("windows" are not just flat texture anymore). The only thing that looks bad is texture quality in the distance. I wonder if that issue could be fixed on 6GB Vram cards, if not maybe mods/patch can fix that in the future.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.