Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Is this another wankdogs failure?

2. Samo187x

Samo187x New Member

GPU:
    780 GTX
    I overclocked my 780GTX around 5% and I get an average of 50 fps by just walking around with ultra settings. I just have one huge problem. I would not mind losing frames, since they do drop at specific points, but the fact that if the player looks farther away while he is running NPCs will just pop up. That constant pop up of new NPCs is very disturbing to me at least. Is there a way to fix that? I looked in the ini but there was nothing. There probably isn't anything that one can do but I did just want to ask.

3. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Jeez this game sounds terrible

4. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Kudos...
    + rep.
    :infinity:

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I had a strange problem in the Latin quarter where if I went close to this building, the game would freeze. Sound would still be functional, and I could even go to the options menu, but everything else related to the game itself was frozen.

I thought it could be my system, so I rebooted and set my CPU to stock clocks, but the same problem still occurred. So it's not my system.

It could be a game mechanic to prevent players from accessing certain areas too early. When I went to that area, I had basically just escaped the prison..

That's the only place in the entire game so far where I had that problem, so that's what leads me to believe that it could have been intentional on Ubisoft's part.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    That's nonsense. This game looks way better than Watch Dogs, and it also runs better too...at least on my rig.

7. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I get like around 45-50 FPS in Watch Dogs maxed, AC:U runs however like complete **** and looks not much better besides the PBR on the buildings. Everything else is pretty unimpressive.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think its an unfair comparison tbh. Ones made to look old and set in simpler time and the other is in the now with everything that comes with it. Naturally id expect this to have more npc's and perhaps better textures.

I wanted to be wrong and really hopped Ubi had delivered something stable. But the performance vs the hardware needed is beyond a joke. There is no way this game should need enthusiasts level hardware for even 1440p. The fact that some people are saying that sli 680s are out of date and the low frames are to be expected is worrisome and downright scary that PC enthusiasts who should know better, all of sudden think that the highend from only two gens back are of no real use anymore. My 580s have lasted me since launch for everything at Ultra (sometimes substituting AA for SMAA or FXAA + sharpening using SwtFX) and getting 60 fps at 1080 to 1700p (aliens Iso), with actual graphical beasts like Metro series and Crysis 3 sitting at around 55-60.

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
  10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well the game definetly looks very good from the shots in the screenshot thread, but the hardware needs do look inflated.

Has everyone been updated to the latest version yet as i heard the PS4 version had horrible performance until an 800mb patch was applied.

11. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
  12. Lancegrim

Lancegrim Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760 / 2 GB
    This game is very weird, if you look at different youtube videos, there are totaly different perfomances. Some ppl with a 660 and an i5 can run this at high and have normaly above 30 fps. other ppl got better hardware and are complaining.

Fakt is its is completly unpolished, well at least without the 2 patches.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Ubisoft delivers as expected.

*claps*

14. kaingr

kaingr Member Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080

this^^

15. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    'Cinematic' and the release of AC Unity will surely go down in history but not for the right reasons.

16. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Okay so I'm getting pretty stable 60 fps with everything maxed expect soft shadows and aa set to fxaa, during the cutscenes it drops down to 40-50. Was expecting much worse than this so I'm pretty happy. :) Hopefully the unreleased 1.2 patch fix cutscenes changelog mentions " Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations"

17. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    New SLI bits from Andy over at Nvidia.

0X0A0010F5

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
  19. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Is just me or with a 780i the ultra textures looks like a blurry mess? Im talking about some gameplays i saw around, but a friend of mine is confirming this as well.

Thoughts?

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Depends on the settings... it isnt blurry if i use ultra textures, but then it stutters... alot. It is however quite blurry if i use high textures or lower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.