Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    so nvidia should just ignore the fact that they invested millions in g-sync*that actually works and is here now) and switch to freesync that has yet to be released and was promised to be out in Oktober, also freesync isn't free it costs aswell. Not to mention with gsync you can use much more graphics cards while freesync you can count on one hand...

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Updated thread title to show proper name. :)

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Ubisoft updated UPlay to version 4.9 adding features like being able to minimize the client to the system tray and they also added a new reward system which will begin with Assassin's Creed Unity.

You can see the full list by going to the "Win" section in UPlay and scrolling down and opening Assassins Creed Unity and selecting a platform, such as PC.
    (Several are tied to the Unite program as well which include a few 500 UPlay point rewards and some in-game items. - http://assassinscreed.com/unite/ )

4. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    You can actually get it cheap through Origin Mexico. I'm tempted. Then again, don't really want to reward Ubisoft unless its good.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    It is VERY strange but everything with Uplay is strange so get used to it :p

Was the same thing with Watch_Dogs, preordered and registered the key but that was it. The game appeared on launch day so no preload or anything. Uplay is still far from being as effective and user friendly as Steam.

The only good thing about Uplay would be the rewards you can get by completing ingame milestones. Then again, someone would say ask "Why aren't those items included from the start?". But well, it's a step in a different direction.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah Uplay isn't very good at all, my favourite DD software is actually Origin as it's much quicker than Steam and nowhere near as bloated.

I do like big picture though.

I'm assuming if you buy this through Origin you just need Uplay, but if from Steam then you need Uplay and Steam.

7. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    They give you a Uplay key if you buy it through origin.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The EA-Ubi Tag Team of doom.

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    That moment when you realize you can get a Uplay key in Origin to be used via Steam. :p

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The DRM Axis of Evil :-O

11. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yeah weird times.
    But anyway this game not worth buying,maybe another time.think about how will be Farcry 4. ;)
    More fun.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Origin does have annoying bugs though such as its tendency to forget window placement and size, the way it switches from Favourites to Games view at random, etc, etc, plus I had one week where it asked me three days in a row what I thought of Origin and whether I'd recommend it to friends (It got the lowest score for both plus the reason given was being repeatedly asked annoying questions such as those!!!). I've never had that with Steam and it nearly always remembers window placement, size and view settings.

Given the choice, I would rather have all of my PC games available via Steam rather than Origin or, god forbid, the awful U(DoNot)Play!

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Although Origin has made some huge improvements over the years, my all time favourite is still Steam. I also wish I could have all my games there but that's not possible unfortunately.

My ranking:
    1. Steam
    2. Origin
    3. Uplay

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I just prefer it as it's basic and isn't full of features i don't use, it also starts up very quickly while Steam takes a while and frequently takes several attempts.

As i said though i do like Big Picture as i have the PC hooked up to my living room TV.

Liking the sound of Origin and a VPN, even if i will be physically unable to run the game until next month.

15. CSF90

CSF90 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Thanks for this - bought!

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
  17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    wow...

This is one of the dumbest decisions ever, my whole AC collection is on steam (most games bought on sales) and I would have continued to do so, SAME for Far Cry. Thanks for ruining that Ubisoft, oh wait, I mean **** YOU!

I'm keeping Origin for EA exclusive games, and I won't buy directly trough Uplay, unless the actual games are worth it, I doubt I will bother to buy them.

I'm curious what will happen to the ones that pre-ordered, even if they can get their game, it will be impossible to buy any future DLC I think. Good thing I'm not one of them.

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
  19. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    lol at people saying they don't buy game they want to play, because of the app that after game is installed you don't even have to look at.
    Steam started as nothing more than DRM too.
    Maybe if 2k would take down their games they will finally have to make HL3.

Now some people at NeoGAF are saying they won't buy GTA V, I wonder who they are hurting.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  20. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Can't you just add the exe to steam?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.