1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Unity PC specs released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 24, 2014.

1. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    I think they doesn't think a lot about that requirements. I would say that we need a 64bit system, 6GB RAM, an Quad-Core CPU with over 3Ghz and at least an video card with 2GB VRAM. They just want some publicity for the pc version and in 1 week they will release new requirements, like with Watch_Dogs.

The developers from Ubisoft always makes a good job but this f...ing (PR) Managers and brass hats destroy their image. All the Assassin's Creed games run fine for me (even Watch_Dogs before their futile "Perfomance Patch").

I have to attach that i don't have high demands for the smoothness of a game. I just want 30 fps and the graphics settings not on low in 1080p, that's all. No need for 60fps, 32xAA and everything on Ultra! :banana:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    I kind of thought this whole situation, though silly, was inconsequential. Until I read a comment on another forum last week which went: "I'm going to get a console, it's too expensive to keep up with PC requirements these days".

Granted, that was one poster and most have a better grasp for things. But it shifted my opinion on this slightly to realize that absurd specs like this can cause harm.

If I'm wrong and this game utterly makes use of that hardware, then great. But I think by this point people don't think that is the case and it's either bad PR or bad coding.

3. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    I think a lot of people will buy a PS4 or XONE now, because they just think that everthing under this system requirements won't let them play ACU. The game looks good, but not that stunning. For me it is on the same graphical qualitiy like Dragon Age: Inquisition and that game recommends a GTX 660.

A friend of mine was thinking of buying a PS4 because he has "just" a GTX660! This can't be possible! Just because we have 5000 people on the screen now and the faces and hair looks better. I can live with just 1000 people on the screen, if the performance would be normal then. They were to fussy with their vision of having 5000 people at the same time on the screen.

From many Previews I hear that even the console version lags and the XONE version doesn't look better than Black Flag, if you just look at the gameplay. The textures were better in Black Flag and all this because this over-crowded city.

Know I know because they delayed the PC version of AC every year. It would be better if they do the same know to optimize the game.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    ^ I agree that consoles are good in that regard all you need to do is just purchase the game plus the console if you don't have one and there you go you are up and running.

The reason why I support both PCs and Consoles is because I like variety there are games that Consoles have that PCs don't and sometimes PC have games that consoles don't. Like on PS4 the reason I want a PS4 is for Uncharted 4 and maybe other titles if there are any that catch my eye.

5. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
  6. darkshadow5k5

darkshadow5k5 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    I made a post about this on the steam forums, so I'm just going to quote myself here.

Haha I've read most of your post and damn, your posts are just the worst, thanks for the good laughs though:roll:

7. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    @darkshadow5k5

I know that this game is built just for next-gen, but the minimum requirements are still too high. It doesn't look photorealistic and I'm not blown away by the graphics. They just looks fine. I understand that a good CPU is needed for all the A.I. of the people, but except the Lighting and the faces, nothing can impress me. A 650 Ti Boost, 660 or even my 750 Ti should be enough for medium, but this is insane! If it's a new era of gaming, why Ubisoft doesn't explain what minimum means from now on? Is minimum now 1440p/30fps with low settings or what? They can't release such high requirements, without explaining them. These requirements aren't ordinary. I've never seen so high minimum requirements.

For many people it makes more sense to buy a PS4 then to invest the same price in a PC, knowing that it is just for one game. And for me that is what the Ubisoft's brass hats want.

8. darkshadow5k5

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    Well I made another post regarding the min being "too high", which is basically because of low level access and specs being inflated a bit per usual, also disregard the tone, because I was discussing this with a massive idiot:

9. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    lol, gg Ubi, it's already working. This dude went to the consoles just by seeing the new AC recommended system info.

10. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    @darkshadow5k5

Haha, I know that people that try to compare the console hardware 1on1 to PC hardware. I just hope that my Rig can handle the game in 1080p and hope that DX12 will make the Next-Gen-Ports better.

You can compare the GPU of the PS4 with a 7850 but this doesn't mean that if you have a 7850 in your PC, that you will be able to play games in the same quality as the PS4 for the next years. Just DX12 could make this possible and I hope it does!

A CD Projekt RED developer said in an interview, that they have midware GPU's in their PC's and Witcher 3 works fine. Witcher 3 is the only game for me that really looks like a Next-Gen game with his very big world. This shows me how Ubisoft "likes" PC gamer. If the developer say's that they just have mid-ware GPU's in their PC's, i know that it is under a 680. And the game is still in optimisation. I begin to hate Ubisoft, like EA, even if they make good games. If ACU doesn't work for me I will never buy a Ubisoft game again, even if I upgrade my PC.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The lack of information is not helping in the slightest, and will clearly be affecting pre-order sales, but at least people with lower end hardware won't be wasting any money.

As mentioned, it would help if someone came out and just advised what resolution/settings the minimum was based on.

I'm assuming the minimum is just going to be a straight 1:1 port of the PS4/X1 game, though if i wonder how low they are allowing resolution is go, would 900p also be the lowest res?

12. darkshadow5k5

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    Unlikely.

13. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    @Redemption80

I think so too. The minimum requirements tell me that it is nearly a 1:1 port. I heard some weeks ago from a Ubisoft developer, that the PC version is done by Ubisoft Kiev. I doesn't know that they have a studio there, too. I never heard of them and that would explain the bad optimization and the priority that the PC version has for Ubisoft.

As we all see on the DX12 presentation one person has made a port for Forza 5 (needed 4 weeks I think) and it needs a Titan Black for 1080p/60fps. There wasn't any optimisation. With DX11 it would be much worse, so I think they done a little bit more, than a 1:1 port but still too less for a whole studio.

In news Ubisoft always says that nearly 1000 people from 10 studios working on ACU. Just 1 woman works a whole year just on the cathedral Notre-Dame du Paris, but hey can't let a little team work on a good PC version. Just some unknown devs from Kiev for the Pc gamers. What do I have from this cathedral, if the game has such requirements?

Ubisoft still has nothing to say about these requirements but when they told us that the console version will work in 900p/30fps they apologised immediately and said that they still work on that, but PC owners have to live with that. :puke2:

14. icedman

icedman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    In no way am i defending ubi for these insane spec requirements (compared to the consoles) but the gtx 680 is 3 or almost 3 years old now by todays standards its an upper mid range card now.

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No ones knows if it's Kiev who are working on the PC version or not, that rumour was based on the PC version being mentioned on the Ubi Kiev Facebook site, but every single game on every platform gets mentioned on there.

Ubisoft obviously know that ignoring a large part of the market is going to have an impact on sales, but maybe the money saved from developing it on slower hardware more than makes up for that, only they will know the figures.

On the bright side, as far as i know the PC is the only platform that will get both the last gen and next gen games.

16. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    The 680 is now the 770 and that is not a mid-range card for me, because I have to pay more than 200€ for it. A 660 is mid-range, but not a 680/770. That's too much for this graphics. A 770 should run a game like ACU in High to Ultra without AA. But Minimum? Too much! :puke2:

17. darkshadow5k5

GPU:
    Gigabyte vega 56 OC
    They are not unknown though, they've been handling nearly all of ubisoft's pc releases.

Now they also did AC3 which still runs like dog ****, but on the flipside they also did AC4 which runs like a dream for me.

18. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    The German Gaming Site gamestar.de said in a News from July that the PC Ports of ACU and Far Cry 4 are done in Kiev. Here's the link if you can a little german :):

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/assas...sins_creed_unity_far_cry_4,50805,3058393.html

@darkshadow5k5

Yeah, your're wright! They're not unknown, sorry! :bang: But they never did a good port for everyone. AC4 works well for me, too, but the majority sais that it runs like crap. Seems like they did a "good" job with ACU once again! Hopefully they never let them do any PC version again and make the PC version in Montreal or Toronto.

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well if Google is translating that well enough then that is the same thing i read before, that just bases the assumption on the Facebook site (which advertises every Ubisoft game on all platforms) and Wiki, which isn't reliable.
    There has been nothing official yet.

20. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    Ah okay. I dont know it exactly. Now I will simply wait for some UbiDes to explain these requirements or delay the PC version - as usual! Or I wait for Benchmarks, but I won't buy this game and that is for sure, if they don't release new requirements!