Assassin's Creed Unity PC specs released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 24, 2014.

1. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Lightning 1459
    Is it 30fps locked for PC version too? Because i dont want a cinematic feeling, i just want a proper PC game with ability to unlock fps/match to my screen refresh rate.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I doubt it will be locked since in the past Ubisoft have never locked the framerate in their games.

The devs mentioned that the engine is able to do 120fps if you have a good CPU.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Rogue may be more up your ally then over unity.
    AC4 was capped at 62fps.

4. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    With Civ: Beyond Earth, Endless Legend, Borderlands: The pre-Sequel and such coming out, I have exactly zero interest in the AC franchise.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    NOW you're starting to bore?? Lol man lucky for Ubisoft that so any people are easy to please with games.. I was hopelessly bored after Assassin's creed 2.. and there has been Five more AC games since then.. if you include the first AC and Unity, that's eight in total.. all essentially the same game. Just Wtf.

It makes me cringe at the thought that people have paid full price for a reskinned game even once, let alone potentially 6 or 7 times.

6. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    As far as I know, that's an engine limitation similar to UE3, it's not a artificial hard cap.

I have to admit that the only AC games i have spent any time on is 1and 2, but it's an enjoyable series and i have friends who think these games are the highlight of their gaming year.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Assassin's Creed does not use Unreal Engine, AFAIK. They use the Anvil engine. The 62FPS cap seems to be a hard-coded limit that I could not locate to remove, unlike every other Unreal Engine game. The game tends to be CPU bottlenecked before you could ever reach those framerates anyways, so it doesn't matter much.

Here's hoping Ubisoft are sensible enough to deliver a proper AC game performance- and graphics-wise with Unity.

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sorry i never meant to suggest it did, i just used UE3 as an example of an engine that also uses 62fps.

The point was that it's not an artificial limit and it's not something that can be modded out by users.

It will be interesting to see if it does hit 120fps, i'm on my phone and can't be bothered searching again but from memory i'm not sure if they meant it actually does run at 120fps if you remove the consoles CPU's bottleneck, or in theory it could but they never actually tested it.

I'm now thinking it might be the latter.

9. laststop

laststop Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    This is the first thing I thought. How does this require such an insanely higher amount of power compared to the console version. I mean I understand it's gonna use higher quality textures and better AA and all that but still seems out of whack.

10. Lubna

Lubna Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI
    I really enjoyed assasins creed 2.
    I did complete.

Then I kept buying all the others and began to disappoint.

Ubisoft had a good customer to me but it is time to say enough :cry:

Every time they release a new version of the game will spoil more

I hope Unity possibly be as bad as the Revelation

Greetings to the rock

11. flexinho

flexinho Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2060 S 8GB
    I have an Intel Core i5 3470 (3.2Ghz Quad), an Gainward GTX 750 Ti and 8GB DDR3 RAM and was able to play Watch Dogs and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor between High and Ultra in 1080p. And now Ubisoft will really say to me that I'm not even able to launch the game with my rig? That's impossible and if this will be the case I will boycott Ubisoft games, like i do with EA games. The difference between the minimum and the required specs is too small and could only be possible, if the game doesn't have any graphics settings.

I want to hear from a developer what they mean with their minimum specs. Are they in 1080p or 1440p or even 4K? I think the game will work fine on weaker systems and Ubisoft just wanted some publicity, like every other so called "next-gen" game (Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within...).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  12. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Personally i cant wait to get this game, il prob enjoy it more when iv got the gtx 980 but am sure my current rig will handle it fine

13. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Lol, yeah that´s nuts. I have a hard time believing those specs.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    well for the visual fidelity upgrade it does need something stronger, it looks like proper next-gen gfx AssassinCreed.

U4E is also build around at least 680gtx/ HD7970, 580gtx and older are to slow for it, kinda like U3E & NV6800 vs 8800GTX series performance.

15. rta

rta Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970
    The game is written in 32bit is it not? I must be missing something but how could it possibly require 8gb?

16. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, it's a 64bit only game.

17. Rexob

Rexob Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 870m 3gb
    Would be nice if Ubisoft actually bothered developing for PC...

18. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    wow, my once uber(ish) system is barely scraping the minimum specs for Ubisoft games these days eh? guess that means its only got about 10 years left being able to play games from good developers.. :wanker:

What will Ubisoft do in the UK now that internet trolling is illegal?? lol

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I also feel that Ubisoft is trolling us because they have AMD Phenom II x4 listed as a requirement cpu which means users that use the 1st generation i5s or maybe some core 2 quads should be able to run this game without any issues because of the ability to OC them.

20. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Um what? Your specs are far above the recommended...