Assassin's Creed Rogue?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BangTail, Feb 7, 2015.

1. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/311560/

Didn't we just have an AC game recently and wasn't it a huge POS failure where they actually had to cancel the 'Season Pass'?

Not sure why (or if) we need another AC game so soon (or at all to be totally honest).

Your thoughts?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Obviously doesn't take long to copy/paste

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Releasing another AC game when the previous one is still broken is what we need. :rolleyes:

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    I didnt even finished ACU, waiting for tessellation patch, haha. :D

5. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Why is every publisher trying to turn their franchises into the COD formula of yearly release and reskinning previous titles with massive marketing budgets. This is getting outrageous, the quality of games have become ****e. Who keeps buying these games and supporting this formula?

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Why are they doing it? Because it works with EA sports and COD games and when Guitar Hero and Rockband where still around it worked there too so why shouldn't Ubisoft cash in on it too? Don't blame developers, blame the stupid consumers who keep buying the same game every year.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    wtf it's coming out in a little over 1 month...

wtf?

wtf??

8. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's not even yearly, it's been less than 6 months since the last AC train wreck (which by all accounts still needs a sh!t load of paint and some screen doors).

9. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    AC: Rogue was in production longer than unity I think? 2 different departments were making the two games.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

11. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I wouldn't exactly call Unity a POS failure... I'm currently enjoying it and love the look and detail of Rev. Paris.

OP, what is the core of your reasons for labeling it such?

It it because of how badly it needed patching at release? I have to say I just started playing a few days ago, so I had the benefit of 4(?) patches on pc.

(I also have never played an AC game before, pc or console - but after getting a GTX 980, I was quite intrigued to see what all the fuss was about)

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I will get this, but won't preorder. The game was decent'ish for consoles but if it's a stupidly bad optimized port like Unity, then I'll pass.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    It should be using the Black Flag engine so it will probably not be as demanding on PC as Unity is (Wouldn't surprise me much though if it turns out I'm completely wrong about this when the game is released.) but it seems Kiev is as usual doing the PC port and that might mean optimization could perhaps be a bit rushed or how to say?
    (Similar to how AC: Liberation HD on PC, X360 and PS3 used the engine from Assassins Creed III with a few improvements.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  14. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    since it's on the old black flag engine, it should in theory work better, but since its ubi***t
    expect the game to require at least 4 patches to make it playable and then some for it to be running without any issues, i mean f**k them ACU still isn't fixed and it's been far over a month since the last update or any information they offered to consumers about the state of the game, i hope no one ever pre-orders anything form ubi***t, and doesn't run out to buy their product before a lot of research on how it actually runs

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    What baffles me isn't that Rogue is coming out less than six months after Unity - that was announced to be the case before Unity was released - but how Steam/Ubisoft have the cheek to ask £39.99 for it! I mean this game is reportedly half the length of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, which it heavily borrows from. Why isn't it a more reasonable £24.99 or less on those platforms. No way in hell am I paying £39.99 for any PC game...I'm sure other retailers like SimplyCDKeys will sell it for £24.99 or less; it's where I buy most of my keys from anyway. Ubisoft really are greedy tossers IMO; they even had the cheek to ask £49.99 for their 2014 games on Steam. £49.99??????!!!!!! :3eyes:

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Free public floggings for all who buy another AC game. (this fiscal year, fanboys are exempt per each yearly purchase since they cannot be held responsible for their flaws, but only once per year)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  17. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Thx Ubi,I`ll pirate your games the f*** out!
    Signed:
    Unhappy customer!

18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    The point is that it would be an amazing game IF it's not broken for..known Ubi reasons.

19. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    will wait at least six months before i order... might even get it cheaper

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    The games are getting WAY to big to P++++te
    There was this one game some time not in the far past that was 45gigs...