Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The Cyclops actually gave me a lot more trouble, probably killed me 5-7 times before I beat him. When I got to the Minotaur (yes, Kassandra had serious worry in her voice that got me worried. Creepy indeed. ) I beat it on the first try with a more defensive approach.

fantaskarsef and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Origins was pretty padded too, just less so from what I understand. Gonna have to take a long break before I start Odyssey either way. Doing away with the final dlc now.

jbscotchman and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just under 86 hours in and I'm trying to finish the main quest, but I keep getting distracted. It's a good and bad thing I guess, some of the side quests are really good but some are just kinda meh. I will say though I'm really enjoying this overall. I was never really a fan of the series since it focused mainly on stealth in the beginning, but I like this action RPG element that Ubisoft went with. I've only played Black Flag and this one, and I'm actually getting kinda hyped for Valhalla.

On a funny side note I've played the hell out of Titan Quest which also has a lot of Greek mythology and I've been mis-pronouncing names of cities and characters for years now lol.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  4. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Hell yeah it is. It's my favorite of the whole series. I've completed it twice. I'm highly amped for Valhalla.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Finally finished! 105 hours with 94% main progression. It was a hell of a game, yet there's still so much I haven't explored and lots of side quests to be done. I appreciate the content but there were so many things to get me sidetracked I lost focus on the main quest. I fear Valhalla will be more of the same, just set in Viking universe. Regardless, I loved the RPG elements and I love Greek mythology. Titan Quest is one of my favorite games and this felt like an upgraded version so that was cool. And Kassandra, well she was just plain amazing. I ended up at level 60 at the end.

acfinale1.jpg

6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Very impressed with the graphics and how it runs.
    It does have to much side quests, i would prefer to have less missions, but more interconnected with the main story and the world.

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I stopped a few months ago at level 53, after about 120 hours of play. Game fatigue set in, so decided to take break to resume at a later time. Was starting to feel that the game was over-padded with extra content that did not need to be there (some of the side missions). Also partly my fault for extending the gameplay by attacking any forts or enemies or ships in my path outside of missions. Thats probably main reason I racked up so many hours in it.

Still had a lot of fun with it and hope to resume where I left off one day. Maybe if I ignored most of the side missions and just focused on the main missions, pretty sure I would have finished it.

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    A couple of things that Ubisoft should change.
    First the gratuitous death of child in order to create any emotion in the player. There a lot of ways to show how cruel the world and people are, but good writing can make the player more involved with the character without lazy shortcuts.
    If the character grow is well lay outed its much easy and more correct to create empathy.

The second is hunting. Make it optional, for those that want to kill animals fine, but give the chance to those that do not want it.
    For example trapping them.

I know, its just a game.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Very enjoyable video thanks for sharing :)

Edit: This is the full video that doesn't cut off at the end:

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That was a cool video. I hope they make more.