Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Absolutely :) Witcher 3 is the pinnacle of RPG games, it's a god among games :p

Dragam1337 and emperorsfist like this.
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I still think that that title belongs to the original Deus Ex (its godhood is augmented), but yes, W3 is the best game of this decade (even better with Ghost mode and Halk's HD assets). ;)

3. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    The problem with the locations marked ? that you haven't "discovered" yet is that...well, there's really nothing special about it. It's just a different place with "loot." There's nothing interesting there. I know Skyrim is a bit dated now, but the locations were interesting and you sometimes ran into an interesting NPC or two who maybe set you on the wrong path. It changed the story...maybe you became a vampire or werewolf or served some god. There was a point to it... You weren't grinding. You could kill pretty much anything with enough gear because their higher level didn't make confronting them an impossibility. Enemies with higher levels than you makes no sense. Either you can kill a bear in combat or you can't. If I level up to the point where I can one-shot them then that doesn't make sense either. Why couldn't I do that before? Is the arrow I shot at him magic now?

Take RAGE 2 for example. It's a mediocre game at best, and a terrible one at telling any kind of meaningful story. But it's all about combat and you can go in anywhere and fight your way through and survive and collect your typical ammo and supplies. I never felt like I couldn't do something without grinding in that game. Sadly...because the game has "zero" story, I'll never enjoy it because it didn't touch me in any meaningful way.

Developers need to learn that Open World doesn't mean Copy-Paste and Boring.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    cerebus23 and chr!s like this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    In that case try level scaling : https://support.ubi.com/sv-SE/Faqs/...ng-in-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey?fallback=en_US (I use the setting where the content is matched to my level at all times, but it seems that mercs and mythical beasts are the exception)

Yes, the question marks are almost always a location with something to kill (a bandit den, a ruin, an alpha animal) but in Odyssey what's interesting are the main quests, the side quests which helps you find Cult members and the tales of greece quests. Timed quests and bounties are boring.

About RAGE 2, I don't remember that you could kill anything anywhere. All locations have difficulty levels and the toughest locations (for example the road turret) were impossible at low levels.

Anyway, since you don't see anything positive with the game and the tips I've tried to give you are ignored then I guess you won't miss out on the game and should try playing something else :)

cerebus23 likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea rage 2 had levels to areas if you went to the high level area you would be wiped out.

the world is what always made the ass creed games fun to explore. the first time you ran around a semi decent depiction of the middle east? it was a unique setting and the setup was interesting.

Now we in the medeterrian pyramids, greek temples, yea these locals have been covered in media more but it still cool to climb the pyramids or the temple of zeus. see some of the ancient wonders. and now they going more mythical with the things so they bring in all sorts of crazy stuff if they gonna bring gods and titans into the soft reboot of the series.

i like the game i not played in forever but i was playing obsessively for awhile exploring and doing random stuff mostly murdering romans or whoever.

and i got a urge to get back in i just do not have enough usb plugs for everything i juggling i need to invest in a 3.0 card or something.

6. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Tried playing again for a couple of hours. Went to new area. Wolves there are instant kill. WTF? Killed some Athenians. What's the point of clearing an area if they just respawn? Game doesn't make any sense.

Tried conquest and died very quickly. Screw this poor excuse of a game. It doesn't require any skill. It's a grind. If I wanted to grind, I'd do it with my girlfriend.

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I do agree with you on the grinding stuff, and levelling up, i agree on that, anw i stopped playing this game a long time ago

angelgraves13 likes this.
  9. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    So I've done a couple quests in the Elysium part of the Atlantis DLC. I'm doing it with the quick start option, just jumping into the Atlantis DLC without doing all the base story quests. Is there any way I can visit the city of Atlantis without doing any more quests?

Thought I'd ask just in case. If not then it's looking like I'll have to finish Elysium then finish the Torment section before I can start on quests to enter the door to the main Atlantis city. Just being lazy, gotta see Atlantis fast.

10. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Amen!

Respawning is the worst feature in the history of gaming.
    I remember i almost broke my 1300 euro monitor in the time of Far Cry 2 and Titan Quest hahaha.

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Titan Quest is a Diablo-type game, so the respawn is a given, I guess (you wouldn't be able to grind loot XD), but Far Cry 2 suffered because of it. Try it with the Redux mod on Moddb, it helps (IMHO).

12. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Yep, almost all games in this genre have it. The genre has everything i like but the respawning is completely ruining it for me. I seriously hate respawning in 99% of all games and genres.
    I wish there was an optional setting in every game for it.

13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Sure, I get you. I think that some sort of respawn in open world RPGs is needed, though, or the world will become barren and empty. It has to be done within reason, though (see Gothic 3 before and after community patch 1.7).

14. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti OC
    I prefer a barren and empty world to be honest maybe because i'm an older gamer. I also don't feel the need to play a game any longer than necessary and i don't need artificial extended gameplay.
    Maybe when respawning was natural with a realistic ecology i would enjoy it but most games for example have more predators than passive wildlife.

15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    That's actually what the community did with Gothic 3! The re-spawn only influences wolves and some herbivores.

16. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Is that part of the Enhanced Edition?

17. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    In the Discovery Tour it looks like you can't turn off all the HUD features. Anyone notice that?

They removed the HUD preset in Discovery. That's fine but some of the individual HUD options in Discovery don't work no matter what you've selected in the main game options.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  18. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yes, it is.

19. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Ok... so I starting playing it again recently and am now at level 46 and still haven’t unlocked the whole map, but I’m pretty deadly. Unlocking the 2nd melee buttons was super useful. I literally just took out 5 mercs in a row. I’m at Tier 5. They’re pretty easy to kill with 2 useful abilities.

I should probably finish the main story to unlock the spear to level 5 though.

20. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    EDIT: Well all in all so far. Now I got everything sorted.
    A great game. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019