Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Performance is quite good for me. I run maxed out, but do have a heavy reshade with a really nice depth of field effect. Keeps the distance mountains and object slightly blurred for a more atmospheric effect.

Let me know if anyone would like to try it.

2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Zenoth and DocStrangelove like this.
  3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Nice. Totally worth it. Love this game and restarted the story lol. :D

4. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Yep, I also enjoyed the game, so this is a pretty decent excuse for reinstalling it.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Update 1.5.0
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2113601-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-1-5-0-Patch-Notes

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    cool long break from the game but was thinking about messing about some more soon.

7. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Code:
    Addressed an issue where cultists were shown as alive even though their kill was confirmed already. -There's no White Walkers in Greece you know.
    ^^THIS! I had to restart because of this. Thank God it's fixed.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Guessing their bodies are still around, discovered that important characters tend to be pretty persistent so unless it's dumped into the sea with the body disposal sharks that just spawn in and clean up the leftovers well you can go back way later to the scene and still find the body there which can be handy if you missed looting it although occasionally the game pulls a forced cutscene event and that can lead to missing loot too.

One of them ran through a town so near Macedonia and it's little town area there's this dead dude just outside the temple, at least the guards clean up but only after their own but that body's been there for well over fifty hours now as I return and do the daily ore grind quest in that location. :p
    (For some reason one or two fast travels seem to be mandatory before the statue of Ye Daily Grinde updates with the objective for doing this one task for some rocks!)

Had that bug with the Hidden Blade DLC too where one target was killed but the cutscene propped before I could confirm (Stab it with the spear again because apparently that's how you confirm in this era!) and then after that the body was just gone though a reload and killing the main target first and ensuring it was confirmed resolved it. (Five autosaves at least ensures one or two should be good so that's nice.)

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

Amaze likes this.
  10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    This game looks awesome on PC and the set pieces are downright amazing,played for 75+ hours according to uplay,no desire to play anymore but with uplay+ I have all the DLC available now and that cool flaming armor stuff ,maybe it is time to continue my play through and sink another 75Hrs in the game.

11. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Anyone else notice first person view in the Discovery Tour is a little less detailed in graphics than in 3rd person? It's not the first time in a game, the same thing happens in Guild Wars 2 which added 1st person view a few years ago.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Details are the same, difference is that in first person you can see things much closer than in third. :D

13. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    1st person view in AC Odyssey? :eek: since when

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Discovery Tour same as with Origins letting you view things up close without the use of photo mode.
    Most textures aren't quite for up close inspection but the detail on most objects same as Origins is pretty impressive even if some of it is a bit blurry whether in photo mode or the first person perspective.

Certainly expanded on the earlier version of this feature in Origins so there's more tours and smaller discovery points plus some unlockables and less sea-shell censoring of statue bits. :D
    (Though Origins let through most of the art in paintings and such probably for the larger amount of work that would have required and many smaller statues even if identical to the larger variants are also not covered in modesty sea shells, some tester probably missed them or they were deemed small enough to not bother with it hah.)

EDIT: Ratings related probably more than anything though, one of the tour outright mentions they changed a battle tour from enemy soldiers to flags to not depict violence.

They're still very game-oriented and lighthearted and also very brief on details so for actual discovery or education I don't see it as being very effective though for VR and just seeing a re-created video game variant of Ancient Egypt and Greece yeah that might work better. :)

cerebus23 and DocStrangelove like this.
  15. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Awww damn, i thought i missed something and could've played in 1st person from the beginning lol. Now that would be something for the next AC - 1st person view fighting, riding and parkour like in DyingLight!

cerebus23 likes this.

16. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah left out that I meant 1st person option in Discovery Tour not in the main game. I fixed that in my other post.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah for the base game and first person there's only the precision or sniper bow aiming in Origins going into that view but come to think of it one of the earlier updates did something so it reduces detail on objects up close for whatever reason.
    [​IMG]
    (Original I think stems from a Reddit post, should look alright outside of the bow aiming mode but something in 1.03 or 1.05 changed how this works and now it looks like this.)

Though the base draw distance isn't too great either, Dead End Thrills has some good shots from the game but the Twitter posts reveal just how finicky and sensitive the game is when forcing higher values and it did a number on the GPU as well however the problem as such has existed in the series since Assassin's Creed 2 though curiously at least from memory the first game is actually quite good at larger view distances. :)

Improved with Origins and Odyssey over how it looked like up until then but it's still a pretty short distance and the same also applies to games on Anvil like Wildlands but they're better at masking these transitions now and overall it looks like a expansive open world with huge draw distance and objects extending out to the horizon which is true but in much simplified complexity.
    (First reduction is barely a few meters from the player or camera position so it's pretty good at hiding it plus stuff like texture streaming and vegetation pop-in which is quite nifty.)

As long as the player isn't actively looking out for it then it works pretty well although the game(s) do still take a performance hit from the amount of geometry and complex details and shaders these two titles now utilize and the newest Anvil Engine version, Odyssey and then Ghost Recon Breakpoint furthermore add to the volumetric fog and cloud effect that really hampers performance but that's true for just about any modern game.

Division 2 and Borderlands 3 for two more, also true that ultra to v.high or even high is a pretty good boost and not very noticeable in terms of actual image quality difference which I hope isn't going to be the next thing after shadow resolution to eat up all the framerate for minimal gain. :D

Anyways the tour can be enjoyable for what it is and it's a nifty way to explore and get some insight into the game as well as there's some background and behind the scene stuff too.
    (Denoted by a blue outline around the discovery points, one of them is off on a island outside of most fast travel positions so that one is a bit of a "Ha ha." moment someone over on Ubi's dev team for this decided to give players having to reach that thing the slow way.)

18. Lux Sole

Lux Sole New Member

GPU:
    1660ti
    Hi. I'am trying to use Nvidia Freestyle in this game, latest Uplay version, drivers i've tried 431.86-436.30, and it doesn't work even though it's in supported games list. Does anyone have any experience with this game and Nv Freestyle? Any advice would be appreciated.

19. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I'm finding this game rather infuriating. I'm at Level 4 and a Level 5 merc won't get off my tail. I can't kill him...tried about 10 times now and his health has only gone down a hair. If I get too close he turns red after a few hits and kills me.

Maybe they should have waited until I was Level 10 to start sending mercs after me? Seems really dumb to me.

The open world is nice, but the gameplay is trash.

20. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Just lower the skill level to easy, kill him and put it back where you had it before.
    With that said, i've never witnessed this in Odyssey. I must've killed 200 mercs by now, playing on hard.
    Maybe just dodge his hits and only use finishing moves on him if you can.
    Use your environment to kick him off a cliff. Climb a tower and shoot him with arrows. Attack him while on your horse and ride circles around him until he's dead. Lure him into the woods and try to catch the attention of wolves and bears, that will keep him busy while you attack him from behind.