1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    Maybe Ubisoft isn't as friendly to all races members and gender anymore like they once were... lol.

2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Tbh, the weird disclaimers they use to point this out feel either very needles (because who cares), or that they are preemptively covering their asses.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    The cultural and religious disclaimer was one thing but I guess it's a sign of the way things are nowadays that they had to update it with their sexual preferences and that just seems odd like who needs to know that of all things.
    As for the remaster well part of the season pass so I'll check it out at some point but bit of a backlog currently and perhaps they can improve the cutscene lighting a bit though a full overhaul of the character assets and fitting the PBR materials with the existing textures better including especially the skin and eye shaders wouldn't be bad but we'll see I suppose how this goes.

4. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    Assassins creed games have always had that statement before it though that's what I said what I said. They were as sertopico said it "washing" them out lol. (I don't really think this I just think it's funny if you think about it and how it goes against their mission statement although this wasn't their intent it's just their shitty department not wanting to redo all the skin shaders. a lot of early pbr games had this issue)

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Ok gotta ask - wth is PBR ?

6. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    Physical Based Rendering

DocStrangelove likes this.
  7. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    Patch is downloading for me, 3.93 GB

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse

Fate of Atlantis ep.1 launch trailer.

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    [​IMG]

finally got done with the main campaign last night and boy what a journey it was admitedly even with that i am still left with ten cultists to find and kill and six unvisited islands on the map plus lots of ? markers and forts HOW BIG IS THIS FKIN GAME??? lol Dipped into legacy of the first blade as my first venture into all the dlc I own but then kind of felt like i should really complete the cultists and that other stuff before I continue any further and all this is after taking a three month or more break from the game after I played nothing else at one point. Ubisoft truly out did themselves and altho I do own the Division 2 at lvl 375 it is this that keeps pulling me back in the most im left gnawing furniture at the thought of playing a viking on this kind of level esp now that RUNE 2 has poss become an EGS exclusive but lets not get into that whole thing in this thread. im unsure how long any opf the additional dlc are but I still have plenty left to do besides which will lead me up nicely to RAGE 2 next month oh god im stuck in an open world cycle of doom somebody help me!!! still not got round to taking on the mino or that wolf again damn i suck

thought i would grab a few shots of my current and only build in the game its all fire based of course

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

islands I am yet to visit are KOS THERA NYSIROS SAMOS CHIOS and LESBOS most of em are pretty small but the fact ive not even managed to get anywere near em on my ship after so much play time. it a amazing amazing game

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  10. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    This might be indeed the first open world game almost too big for me personally. I lost track of missions constantly and ended up half a map away because of exploring and fighting pirates.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.

11. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    This is where I'm at lol

[​IMG]

12. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    Quick question on this, I liked origins and its DLC, is this better or on par with story, been looking to get it especially with the Atlantis DLC coming out since I've been playing Creed since the start.

13. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    Time played: 206h
    Main Progression: 95%
    Player Level 62 (i started over around 30)
    Total kills: 7442
    Distance Travel: 2280822

14. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    It is slightly better imo.

- you can now switch to several different sets via menu
    - they replaced the Phylakes from Origins with mercenaries who chase you a lot more if you commited crimes. makes the game far more fun because they are not totally overpowered.
    - game is even bigger and sea battles are back
    - combat is more fun. parrying is harder but more realistic.
    - you can kill area leaders and make kingdoms switch sides, making a lot of gold in the process

15. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Just be prepared for a lot of generic copypasta ? chasing if you're the completionist type (there's too much, almost.. even for the Ubi formula). The story is better in a more fun kinda way. It embraces its own silliness and it works positively as opposed to Origins.
    Also you guys are really slow, 99% 138h, I win?

16. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    took down the snake lady last night and found the petrified forest damn that place gives me the creeps i wish there were more locations like that in the game mebbe there is but the game is too damn big to find them lol. didn't find her that hard esp with a decent fire build and the gifts you get is pretty nice i noticed there were purple chest in a few places inside the temple but could not figure out how to get to more than one.

are we slow? nah we are explorers and with a world this big ive still only first step on to some of the islands and still have many left to do but this is why the game constantly both surprises me and entertains me far beyond what i thought it would, it is the first game in years i have a sense of constant wonder and curiosity about the world and everything going on it and even beyond it. i actually think i could play this and just this for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy!!!

17. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    I must've 'wasted' hours just stealthing through enemy fortresses and just robbing the crates. Sometimes even just to kill the leader and then get out before they even knew you were there. Then do it again when the power switched over. :D

18. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I am too, but so much is just the same place pasted that after 30-40 hours you've seen the vast majority. After that it just becomes a numbers game and I'm an efficient BOI

19. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    Autumn coastline to the north, green hills with woodlands on the western islands, tropical sand islands in the middle, dark vulcanic islands and dry desert islands to the south?

I dunno, i've had quite a journey through all the different landscapes. Never felt boring at all.

20. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    if anythin im surprised at how diverse each and every island is to the last one i visited so its quite the opposite to what u say Alex each new location feels like it was given so much love that is why i find it hard to move on from place to place

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019