1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Ok so finally I bit the bullet and bought the game! I mean I played and finished all of the AC games, so why not this one, since everyone is praising it a lot!!!

I loved Origins, and I guess this one is even better? Also got a nice deal and bought it considerably cheaper :D

DocStrangelove likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Patch notes for 1.1.4
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2001958-Assassin’s-Creed®-Odyssey-–-1-1-4-Patch-Notes

3. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    Patch 1.1.4 is now live on Steam.

fluidz likes this.
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Hell yeah good decision. Hope you're not playing Division2 as well, this game easily took me months to complete.

I left the main story arc close to the beginning because there are side quests galore everywhere you go and i just wanted to see all the islands. I had to use google to find how to continue the main quest lol. Did the rest of the main missions with level 50. xD

So yeah this game leaves no room for any other game and the danger of getting sidetracked is even greater than in Skyrim.

serbicu likes this.

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Man!! Then I have my hands full lol! :D as I have the Division 2 as well as Sekiro! So yeah! I need vacation :)

I will definitely play as much as I can, and try to do as many secondary quests, until I fell that l‘m ready to tackle the finish line :D

DocStrangelove likes this.
  6. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Finished with DLCs, 138h 99% completed

a little better than origins tho i wish ti were length wise only as long as origins. Things got a bit tiresome past the 100h mark.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    The third episode is not released yet.

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    I'm playing through Origins right now, got near 40 hours I think. It's getting pretty repetitive though, would you say Odyssey is less so?

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I played Origins + DLC 1 and clocked about 75hrs to get 96%. Sure, it was somewhat repetitive in the end but the setting, quests and atmosphere was worth it.

Now with Odyssey it feels like a so much larger game than Origins. I think I'm at some 10-15% but have already spent a a good amount of hours (probably 20+) and since the game itself is quite similar to Origins it already feels repetitive for me. The difference though are some of the additions in Odyssey like ship battles, warfronts, leaders and stuff which should give more variance over Origins.

Still, if you find Origins repetitive chances are you'll feel the same with Odyssey.

10. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    A little less, but not by much. It's still very much a ubisoft formula game. The story was more entertaining as it was less dead serious than origins, so i would say it's bound to feel better if you stick to the story stuff.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/as...ed-ui-stealth-and-switch-version-info.105137/

Which linked to this:
    https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/...-in-assassins-creed-odyssey-march-2019-update

More info on AC3's remaster coming later this month.

Nintendo Switch info.

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
  13. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Yeah seen some comparisons too and the new lighting model can look good but the assets would require some work putting it mildly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/as...-of-liberty-in-4k.107983/page-3#post-19310164

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be unlocked now but backlog so not jumping back to this anytime soon ha ha.

EDIT: Patch. (Should already be part of the PC version data I'd imagine.)
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2025380-Day-One-Patch-Notes

More in the URL.
    "Please post a message with not more than 20.000 characters."

Lots of text!

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Hmm wonder if this works.

EDIT: Yay it worked!

And Liberation?

Yes!

Well probably a bit stupid but forum blocks and people might be working and can't access the Ubisoft forums from there so just a quick copy paste in a separate post for convenience and having it directly here is easier too. :D

EDIT: Well it was probably the pictures, 1000 words or something so let's just straight up say those took 4000 out of 20000 characters. :p

EDIT: On one hand nice support on the other just what state did this ship in? I mean for the PC version it's out now and has this included but console versions and early sales and hello tons of fixes in 1.01 so 1.00 might have been a bit rough.

Oh well day-1 isn't anything new, EA Access pulled that too for many games even on PC though well for those on a net cap another 20 GB update download can't be too fun.

EDIT: On what state did this ship in!...gee did I miss the last decade or so for gaming. Ugh that just looks stupid thinking back on how the release date rush and status of some PC ports have been in the past. Heh.
    (Or in the dark ages of the 1980's or well the neon ages more like but faxing or using this thing called a phone to make a actual call or using a letter written by a pen of all things and getting patches mailed PHYSICALLY to your location on FLOPPIES -- those are data disks at a MASSIVE 1.44mb capacity.)

(Tale might be embellished somewhat but that and things like BBS boards were a thing. :p Course I'd have been 4 years old in the 1990's but hey let's just call it starting early.)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Wow those are some bad shots. If they're representative of the game, I'm glad they didn't touch AC2.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    The Ezio collection!
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/as...-of-liberty-in-4k.107983/page-3#post-19303852

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's this one NPC in popular comparison footage for the intro but those are random background characters so while uncommon that one dude could appear in the original version too in all his glory.

[​IMG]
    (From what I am reading he was actually patched out of the Ezio collection in a early update.)

Rogue was also updated but it's mostly the same as the PC version now on current-gen consoles though the water was improved and anti-aliasing was given a temporal overhaul though it lacks the NVIDIA enhancements.

EDIT: Though the Ezio collection is also not quite on the level of the overhaul for AC 3 but they still touched up the characters, textures and lighting and it got some criticism too when compared to the original.

Though it's mostly lighting and then how that reflects on the eyes in particular and some scenes being brightened, textures aren't actually bad when seen properly particularly for the main characters.

Far Cry 3 was also updated and as the other examples also only on console but that especially is mostly the PC version on console platforms but somehow a few bugs got brought back and took some time to get ironed out.

Rogue would have been nice to see as a free patch but a small graphical touchup yeah I can understand it wasn't released on PC as a new edition, Ezion collection well bit borderline but from what I do know it also mostly just bundles the DLC (Some which never hit PC I believe.) and then a few graphical tweaks.

EDIT: Yes I think I managed to avoid "Rouge" hah, surprisingly common typo there. :D

EDIT: Oh and Far Cry 1 on Dunia (Far Cry Classic was it?) but I have no real info or details on how that stacks up, probably a bit mixed.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    At level 42....loving the game. But it's big! I can play on and on. 86 hours played and the main progression 29 percent. WOW!
    Need poison bombs!!!

19. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    The lighting is great but yeah assets need to be updated better to fit the pbr lighting model lol.

20. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Yeah, all characters and models look washed out with the new lighting system. It looks terrible.