Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    been about four to five weeks since i last touch this and now I feel its the right time to head back in & i still have so much left to do its unreal id completed origins by around the same time of play

[​IMG]

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Allright, Winter promotion and Uplay club 20% discount... Just grabbed the game !! Alongside Far Cry 5.
    Cannot wait to jump in, you guys really picked my attention with this thread !

3. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's a great game, you won't be sorry.

Probably the best value as far as so called 'AAA' games go right now.

XenthorX and Solfaur like this.
  4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    2018 was a poor year for PC gaming. AC: Odyssey, SotTR and Darksiders 3 were the best for me.

Witcher29, XenthorX and BangTail like this.

5. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    It was a hit n miss year for me too - I played catch up with games I never got around to from years past. Still - there were PC releases of this year I did enjoy that were good:
    • Subnautica
    • Monster Hunter: World
    • Far Cry 5
    • Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (granted, a re-packaging)
    • Vampyr
    • The Crew 2
    • Madden NFL 19 (Was glad to see Madden return to PC)
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Hitman 2

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    XenthorX likes this.
  6. Night Hope

Night Hope Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 950 2GB
    it is amazing game

XenthorX likes this.
  7. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    long story short this game saved me from quitting my gaming hobby of nearly twenty years after i ended up disalusioned with every new game i was buying and nothing was delivering enough to fill that void that I guess we buy things like books and games and movies to fill that thing that gives us final and total fulfilment games had become almost an endless frustration over the years esp due to industry back hand tactics and broken disappointing release after disapointing release i will always remember firing up this one day and there it was i couldnt stop playing adventuring entering combat stealthin and working constantly on upping my gear i was like HOLY F*KIN crap I have missed you gaming. I think i was re born lol. few games i ever reach a certain point and continue to go back even if i am really enjoying them I always get swept up in something new that came out but this I had to take a forced break to slow down my playing pace and after going back yesterday i must have played at least six hours solid then after slowly climbing my way up to the top of a mountain in arkadia which i had only just discovered I looked out and took a deep breath my passion was back my void was filling over with what was down in that valley before and beyond that next mountain.

Finally a game had delivered an i was eating it up like a hungry horse that had just won the grand national now when i start it up I still get that sense of excitement of what is to come that Ive not felt in so long in any game and most beautiful of all is that what is next to come is all down to me the world and everything in it is my play grounds and Ive never had so much fun or been this involved in studying everything I come across that makes me come off and google my little heart out its fascinating stuff and im learnin as Im earnin lol. To say this game turned things around for me is something i am glad to let everyone else know because if they are feeling like i was not long ago with everything game related you never know it could have the same new dawn on them that i did me n I hope it does cos I thank the game every time i play it for saving me and not turning me into someone who likes gardening instead.

Best Open World Game 2018
    https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/open-world-game-2018-award-assassins-creed-odyssey/

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  8. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Is Odyssey as grindy as the last one? Won't let you progress anymore in the story unless you do a bunch of those redundant side quests?

9. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    lvl 50 now and I dont know how I even even get this *(quest or killing someone???)* but I suddenly noticed it showed up in my inventory and darn am i happy about it!!

[​IMG]

DocStrangelove likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i picked it up on sale one day i may get around to it.

as far as grindy? eh cheat engine tables grindy games will almost always have a XP boost cheat that gives you options typically. learn to google :p do not buy the cash shop xp boosters wo looking.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah that's not too bad of a thing to do if the leveling gets tedious, they are also fixing one XP bug for the January patch I believe where once you push above the level 50 cap and start moving towards 70 (Added a few patches back.) the ability mastery system they added requires a ridiculous amount of experience due to a math bug or some such to the extent of 150 million experience per point once you hit the current cap of level 70 if I remember it right. (Even with a 100x multiplier to XP it takes quite a few quests for each point but you do earn them, will be interesting to see what the patch changes it to require.)

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What's the story like? I tried the first hour or so of the game but was getting impatient with that merchant, the flash backs, finding wood or whatever. The game itself was nice to play but I need a story to pull me along (don't care too much for the gameplay as I did play origins earlier in the year). I don't mind some spoilers. I also had performance problems even after dropping some settings a notch down like the shadows and lod. Is it better after further patches? Origins played with an almost flat 60fps in the graph but odyssey was like a heart monitor.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I think by growing up we begin to be very selective, for me i play mainly multiplayer games now, i ve had enough of playing vs ai, but im still excited for some games comig up, i learnt as i grew up i started to have only a selection of games installed, and each game has to be different, one for racing, one for football one for open world, and the other 2 for multiplayer
    Cs go for twitch shooting
    Bf4 to fulfill my crush for my modern war games and tactics.

14. SteveJ12

SteveJ12 Member

GPU:
    Nvdia 1080ti
    My favorite series must buy this game

DocStrangelove likes this.
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

great video on the spartans been binge watching that guys channel of late some really good stuff.

finally figured out how to edit my gear in game got hero of spartan armor with god buffs on it :p Not sure what weapons i want to rock still looking.

Just hit level 30 am doing some xp boosting tho. Need to do a bunch of quests, last two days or so i ran around opening up map spots doing random quests, and clearing camps and the like to destabilize regions. Think i got a few quests that are level 40 already. And got that underworld horsie to ride around on. And i never spent a dime gg. Sigh putting your pay content in the game in the game files and charging you to use it seriously? get fucked.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    58 level, 71 hours, 98% progression. Really enjoying this game. I'm waiting for hidden blade DLC part 2.

17. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I am a pure warrior in the fighting pit. This game really is awesome. :) Level 52, 89% completion. Still a lot to do in the world as well as a number of Odyssey quests to complete.

18. bubz

bubz New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Is Uplay like steam? I'm kind of on fence on getting this because of uplay on top of steam.....

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    it is their front end that you can earn points to unlock stuff in games little skins and the like, daily challenges i think are also handled through uplay. So yea it is kinda steam like in its front end functions like game goodies friends lists and the like cloud save and etc.

You can ignore it for the most part, really does not come into play less you got a few points to spend. Or got actual friends on the thing.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The only time I found it annoying was when I added a uplay game as a non-steam game. When I bought origins from steam itself, it stayed out of the way after it did the account linking thing.