Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, it was OK but I did get better performance later with patches which was really important for me since I'm playing at 4K/60fps.

Agreed that it was money well spent. I played 65hrs and also bought the first DLC.

2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Is it possible to purchase the first DLC as a standalone already? Or can it only be bought with the season pass currently?

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Only with the season pass. 31 € if you use a 20% code for 68 Uplay units. Just bought it myself because Division2 is still a while off.

4. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Thanks for telling. I thought about buying the season pass, but decided against it, mostly because I don't really want to replay Assassins Creed 3 (remastered). I'll just buy the DLC story missions independently as I did for Origins.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Note that I'm talking about Origins and not Odyssey.

6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Oh. Well, your post makes a whole lot more sense to me now then.

Netherwind likes this.
  7. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Picked this game up for £20 (my mate bought a Samsung SSD and was given a free key, so I got the game cheap). I'm really surprised, it's great! Runs rather well maxed out on my PC. Feudal China/Japan next... please!

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    this game forces you to do side quests to upgrade ur abilities, what if i don t want to do these silly sidequest tbh, go bring me herbs from here.... i mean seriously..

9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    All great rpgs are like that.

If you don't like don't play them.

Stick with lower leveling up and live your life.

These games including odyssey are not for you. ;)

Without side quests and infinite leveling we rpg lovers couldn't enjoy games with hundreds of hours. I mean just play it and finish it. Don't do everything in the map.

Grimbarian, AsiJu and Solfaur like this.
  10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    thats like saying an fps forces you to shoot people dead to gain xp and new weapons do you even comprehend the type of game you are playing?? this game has some of the most memorable side quest activities around!

Grimbarian and Solfaur like this.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    u can t ,one of the main quests is u have to fight a clash that needs level 8 and im level 7, so u need to do side quests to win the clash

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Can anyone please send me a savegame file which is just after the battle of megaris, level 9 skill, i just can t seem to finish this battle,thanks

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    anyone? savegame level 10?? please

14. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Hi,
    Where do I see total collectables per area? How many left to collect?
    How do I know I didn't missed something in the area?
    Thanks

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't think you can, you do see the status for each "?" you uncover and clear once visited (If you just uncover it but don't go to it then it won't display what you need to do there.) thankfully the discovery radius is around 300 - 400 meters and expanded further via Ikaros once you find 20 or so lookout points but other than the engraving notes for things like the relics and hints on where these are I don't believe there's a total unless the stats pages or something has a option I've overlooked. :)

The journal doesn't seem to list completed quests even it just clears them entirely whereas for Origins you had a little counter although for 100% completion you either had to look everywhere or look up to know there were 120 some quests in total since that wasn't listed anywhere in-game.

Most of them are however going to be fairly generic random loot treasure chests and kill this or that special enemy, loot the tablets for ancient super-ship upgrades and the riddle stones. Legendary chests look a bit different and ornamental and rarer loot chests tend to be a bit more gilded and detailed over the more plain variant.

Tons of unmarked areas too and RNG so little camps and events will pop up forever either totally unrelated or related to the endless generated "Hermes" quests from the shrine and work that you pick up ranging from minor tasks to daily "ore" event rewards and the weekly challenges.
    (Most every city has a number of chests you can uncover via Ikaros for example but that's not going to clear the locations though sub locations like the obligatory leader house in every town can be cleared.)

Other than riding around everywhere for the Ikaros outlook "towers" I've not really bothered with clearing places though major forts and similar tend to be where legendary equipment is stored for things you don't find from quest rewards or doing the main missions at least. Some areas are also less utilized than others although Makedonia was featured prominently in the new DLC so that clears up why it felt so under-utilized in the main game.

DocStrangelove likes this.

16. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I had a problem getting past this battle. So I abandoned it and carried on with other missions to get better gear and unlock new abilities. I got to level 10 and tried again, It's much easier to complete, try that method.

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    It's not like AC2 where you could collect all those flags in an area, but Odyssey has those treasure chests in fortresses , camps and towns. You can only loot those once. The war resource chests are filling up all the time. Nation chests hold the most cash but only fill up when the leader is killed and power shifts to the enemy (Athens or Spartan doesnt matter).

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yes thx i had to get the bull ability and level 10 to get past it, thx

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF

Solfaur likes this.
  20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    been about four to five weeks since i last touch this and now I feel its the right time to head back in & i still have so much left to do its unreal id completed origins by around the same time of play

[​IMG]