Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Patch just went live for me. Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, so anyone know if " The first story of The Lost Tales of Greece was added to the game. " is a free update mission or part of the season pass owners?

EDIT; The Mission is called " Setting the Stage " and can be found in Elis. Its a free update mission ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    This patch has removed content in my inventory. That's not good. When I loaded in I was in rags? I wonder what else they've messed up?

Yep. I purchased the underworld pack for my sins, it is no longer in my inventory or available to purchase.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Oh great... The photo ui no longer goes away. So awesome...........

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Waiting no longer works? Guess they're intending for players to use their own photo function then or it needs to be done by modding away the UI via something like 3D Migoto or other software for manipulating shaders.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Yeah, it no longer disappears. Their own photo thing would be fine if it would save the pictures in lossless format instead of really compressed jpg.

6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    No issues here. I've noticed they improved the lighting in many TODs. It looks much better now, specially in interiors.

7. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Already done :D

https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedodyssey/mods/5

JonasBeckman likes this.
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Nice, I was wondering if it would be possible since the game is a bit of a unique case in how it handles D3D11 but that seems to have been of no concern then. Going to be quite useful if the photo mode UI no longer fades out at all.
    And of course when you can't use photo mode at all but the game is pretty lenient outside of cutscenes so that's not too bad. :)

EDIT: Hmm so it does fade out, still having a designated HUD toggle is going to be handy.
    (Guessing the photo mode has some glitches or bugs though, wouldn't be too surprising if they changed a few things in it with this patch that there might be some specific condition that isn't working quite as it should be.)

EDIT: Yeah something's up with the photo mode now.

[​IMG]

"I swear the fish was like this big, minimum!...what the?"

[​IMG]

Witcher 3 flashbacks? Witcher 3 flashbacks.
    (Granted the player wasn't ever meant to see the NPC's in their glorious unloaded mess of polygons.)

The audience in the back there T-posing is certainly a plus too.

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    They're clearly trying to hold their hands. :D

JonasBeckman likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Hah yeah, doing the wave or something for the performers I guess. :D
    The new Lost Stories quest here wasn't too bad either having wrapped that up, a number of connected quests leading up to it's completion and a decent amount of money depending on how you complete it. :)

Looks like Ubisoft also lowered the ore cost for the weekly Olympos legendary so the horse skin is no longer a ridiculous 200 but a just a slightly silly 100 stones. :p
    And as usual it's purely cosmetic, at least Origins had a bit of a difference between riding the battle stallion and the battle camel or you could use a chariot.
    (But I recall them steering poorly sending citizens flying everywhere in towns, then again the NPC's weren't the best at avoiding the speeding Medjay either so it's clearly their fault.)

11. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    How does this game perform on 399 series driver compared to latest driver? I'd like to stick with 399.07 if I can.

12. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Poseidon1080TI
    why my gpu usage is only 65-75%max 1080ti? i play 2560 × 1440 and all settings max + gsync? i saw videos where all time gpu 98 99% with that setup i have i7 6700 4,6ghz and 1080ti,
    [​IMG]

13. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    The game was nagging to update my drivers so I did just to shut it up. This game is incredibly demanding for not much visual return imo. My 2700X was showing 90% usage at times just in a small area with no npcs, at least according to the in-game monitoring. The 1080ti was also struggling a bit to keep 60fps at 1440p using the very high preset. o_O

14. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    Hi, is there an idiot-proof guide to get the game looking sharp like this please? I've not used reshade before.

15. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    That's just flickers stupid unsharpen mask filter they throw on everyone's photos.....

Witcher29 likes this.

16. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    This, if u want a bit more sharpen turn of aa :)

17. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    lol no. i figured it out. game actually now has some detail to it.

18. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Can I inject some sort of aa in this game? The in game aa is blurry

19. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Is it just me or did 1.06 (PC) reduce the detailed draw distance a lot. I'm noticing constantly now details of plants, texures etc actually being rendered from low detail to high detail.. Especially on horseback.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  20. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    The game can hitch a bit but isn't dropping frames. It seems to clear up a bit the longer it's on. Frame rate is ok in cities sticking to 60fps but no way should this game be using so much cpu. It's crazy.