1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Title : Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Release date : October 5th 2018
    Platform(s) : PC, Xbox One, PS4
    Developer : Ubisoft Québec

Theme/Setting : Ancient Greece
    Playable character(s) : Axelios (male), Kassandra (female)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Must buy. Looks more like a THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA combat sim with ship battles but hey i'm not complaining. Love it! :)

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Agreed :)

It looks very similar to Origins, which isn't a bad thing, but also seems to have some enhancements. Yep, I'll buy this for sure.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  4. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Do you think it will have the same CPU bound like Origins?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Again?..

And after that Italy and after that Nordic theme and after that China or maybe Hawaiian theme?

Geez... Lol I stopped playing it with asskreed1, tried 2 and 3, but was same old and got borring quick.

jura11 and cerebus23 like this.
  6. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan Xp
    I hope all of the ground textures are nice. You can see in Origins how some of the bricks in the roads are all nice and sharp in detail but right next to it are some gravel and sand that's a little on the blurry side. And most of the desert sand does not have the sharp textures of other ground areas like pavement.

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    Looks good, Origins was a surprising improvement over recent games in the series, I enjoyed it a lot :)

8. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    More revisionist nonsense from Ubisoft. play as a poc masquerading as a roman solider who goes around killing Greek folk.

Interesting how all of these devs have taken a sudden interest in history settings as well as to fabricate and rewrite alot of it rather than tell the truth.

Next to the BBC blackwashing greek history and the MSN coming out in full force to defend it and claim that Roman era greece was in fact predominately Sub Saharan African...

[​IMG]

Am I suppose to believe that just because the original colors have faded, that time has also changed genetic facial/anatomy features to European characteristics. Thats some amazing marble.

Am I suppose to believe that Sub Saharan Africans made statues such as the one below (and many more) to represent themselves or did they have a fetish for the white people looked?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    They look White/Greek to me in the thumbnails (unless I'm missing something).

The naval bits in the trailer are identical to Origins. Kinda lame to see. Is this a B-team? lol. Black Flag & Origins were pretty good on the other hand (same guys afaik). Even Greece from what I have seen in that reminds me too much of Alexandria and the Greek areas in the north of Egypt in Origins. Like Tj said, why not something else? China is probably a no-go because of the commies but Japan would've been cool. Even the weebs would've been happy :p

It's my understanding that there are two protagonists? I'm not too keen on that. I want a properly done narrative with a couple of side quests as another person if it is necessary. Bayek and Aya were okay. Messing around like this to satisfy the gender benders is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Good points.

It doesn't seem to be the same game director as Origins so one could guess that it's another team that has simply used a lot of assets from Origins. This is good and bad, the good is that Origins was quite successful meaning they have something solid to go on. The bad is that Black Flag and Rogue were way too similar which made it feel like a "4.5" instead of a proper sequel. Agreed that some of the setting seems a bit too familiar but I hope for more wooded areas and we've seen that the sea is clearer and it has more white sand as opposed to the murky water of the nile.

I'm thinking that the dual protagonist issue can be solved simply by telling that it's a brother and sister on the same path. Selecting one means that the other will do things on the side and hopefully they'll meet often. I wouldn't mind if one could switch between the two between missions or something and get XP for both chars at the same time.

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    I was born in the 70s in the north east of England, where racism was common, it was unusual not to see some kind of racist graffiti on the local supermarket's walls (Pakistani owners). Sorry you're upset by the PC nature of the modern world but trust me it's far better than the world we're slowly leaving behind that I grew up in.

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 ti Strix
    First off we're talking about a game here, it's not a history book. If you want to learn history I'm sure they'll add a discovery mode like they did with Origins.
    Are you this upset about TV shows set in the past that are fictional too?

Secondly, the protagonists are clearly European.

I can't wait to see you rage on about Ellie being a lesbian.

Grimbarian likes this.
  13. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    it will most likely use vmprotect on top of denuvo... so yeah.

14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080TI 11GB
    I wish they would do a medieval Japan one. That would be so good. I do look forward to this though. Origins was great so I have high hopes this will be just as good if not better.

Also Noesin, for a new comer to the forums you are appearing more and more disliked. It's just a game and like Amaze said not a history lesson. Get over it already and stop posting your dribble everywhere. Just keep it clean and relevant.

15. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Other than the usual leftist tactic of putting words in the mouth of someone whos perceived to be guilty of wrong-think or dissenting opinion in an attempt to slander them as some sort of phobe or ist of sorts, I fail to see what a fictional characters sexuality from an entirely different game has to do with anything i mentioned in regards to historical facts.

Nice try though. Say hi to everyone over at reeesetera for me..

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Greek's were/are white ... stop with the racist/nonsense stuff.

Talk about the game.

Dj_ALeX and Kolt like this.
  17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 ti Strix
    That's not how you admit you were wrong. Try again.

18. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Looks generic af. Exactly like origins with a new map without deserty bits. The current stuff they've shown makes the supposed setting seem irrelevant.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
  20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming