Assassins Creed IV: Black Flags

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Feb 28, 2013.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Is this a trick question???

:funny:

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My 2500K at 4.5 wasn't up to the task it seems like but my 2600K at 4.8 seems to be able to run a constant 60FPS. Try clocking your i5 a bit higher and see if it improves around 4.8 should do good as long as temps are under control. Although if you just lock it at 30FPS and turn off your frame counter in the game you may find that its all you really need this game runs really smooth at 30FPS.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]
    :)

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    This game appears to be CPU limited at these settings, so try these. Of course the game is internally limited to 62 FPS no matter what, but I think that if you overclock your GPU a bit, you can easily hit 62 FPS and maintain it for the most part.

Recently I had to sacrifice TXAA and use SMAA (at 1440p), as once you get off of Havana, you go to environments with a lot more vegetation. Lots of vegetation means more edges and surfaces for the GPU to apply AA to, which can result in a bigger performance hit. When it rains, TXAA can also cause a performance hit as well as the GPU seems to be applying AA to the thousands of raindrops.

Oh well, even though I really like TXAA and the softer look that it gives to games, the texture clarity that SMAA gives is very nice as well.

[​IMG]

5. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Does AC4BF have some sort of save game cloud sync I just reinstalled it after having to fresh install windows after my ssd died and ive lost all my progress a tad freaked by it seeing my saves are stored on a drive that wasn't effected.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Ubisoft has a cloud feature in the client, personally as with Origin and Steam I keep it disabled just in case something where to screw up with it, anyway the save files themselves are stored on the C: drive or whatever drive and folder you installed Uplay to.

By default: (64-bit OS)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\*\273

The * symbol is a folder named after your UPlay profile ID so it varies for every user, 273 is the ID the game has in the Orbit(Uplay) client.
    (Usually the contents is a 1.sav and 1.metadata file, followed by 2.sav/2.metadata and so on for each save slot or profile depending on what the game uses.)

(These saves are coded/encrypted to your specific profile so using someone else save data will not work by just copying the files over.)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  7. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    looks like ive lost my saves then as its not pulling down any save games also in game the menu shows no profiles. odd its not downloading what was syncd in the past.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    same here, now I can spam the smoke bombs without framedrops. :D
    all the other smoke works fine too.

I backup my save after each game now pretty much.

9. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy this game is broken or it is me!? I shutter like hell with Vsync on, I am currently @4GHZ, if I try harder is not stable.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's the game. Don't use in game vsync.

11. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I dont, I tried to see if D3dOverrider works, no luck

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    try alt tab out and back in the game

13. Scorpio82Co

Scorpio82Co Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 8GB
    disable shadowplay..

14. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I am at work right now, I will check, but it wasnt enabled I think.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    for me i'll remember this game for the hbao, like when you capture a ship it goes overboard hbao for a couple secs it's nice, i'm using rgb color vs ycbcr now to get even blacker blacks.
    but yeah I can't get enough, i'm just around end of sequence 6 and about to unlock some uplay points for watch dogs. haha
    smoke bombs at the ready, ease the spanker! :D

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    captured a vid with tessellated moonbeams on deck and on Edward and again laters on Edward, when it's on deck it's like a disco ball effect.
    *using soft shadows high of course, hoping to up the vid.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Really liking this game. Just played 3.5 hours straight.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    nice, yeah this game I can put in long sessions too, I done around 6 hours grinding in last few days.
    how do you like the combat?, i'm a big fan for ex. I got my gadgets on my mouse wheel and my swords /daggers on my mouse side button.
    when I was playing a while ago before I lost my game save when taking over big ships I would sometimes sit up top and watch all the commotion below, however I found this reduces your crew quite fast.
    imo without far cry 3 this game wouldn't have been the experience it is.
    this is how I like open worlds to be, and for sure I seen some nice ladies too but it's a shame they turn grey when getting close a simple sound would have worked.
    don't really have anything negative to say ..it's my first asscreed game and i'm left very impressed (around sequence 6 still), hoping for a nice dlc the first looks ok, i'll end up getting season pass.
    the open sea in nice, when taking forts and it's all red and yellow, ..and translucent FTW. :)

19. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I like every part of the game pretty much, the hand to hand combat is a blast, sometimes I even put the weapons away and go for the beat down on a group of soldiers, when you execute a bunch of fluid kills with jumping and running it is pretty cool. Naval battles have me hooked though, sometimes I will be cruising along and thinking let me get to my destination and that one semi rouge big ship is there, have to fight. And taking the big forts with 7 to 9 towers is a blast. Tried to take on a legendary ship and got my ass handed to me though, but it was fun none the less, full ship upgrades and then I go back.

Also my first AC game, loving it, graphics, setting and time period, story background, even the pirate songs I find myself singing along. Knowing all three languages in the game some of the dialog is quite funny.

20. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    I really hope Ubi makes a sequel of sorts, this was one of the best games i have played in a very-very long time.