Assassins Creed IV: Black Flags

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Do you know which folder are they saved in Windows 8.1?

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Dude this is 2013//2104 no one makes pos gamecode with 1-2 threads anymore - not by AAA titles, get of that high horse already..

And if you really must know, yes I played for 5min and erased. ;)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The game engine does utilize more than one core it just over uses the first one.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Yes my point exactly, Batman Arkham Origins uses 2-3threads most of the time, it can use up to 8threads, but basically its still max 3core game..

Here in AC4 its even worse, 1-2cores most of the time.

Anyway glad I didnt buy this turd. Never really like any AC games and this one looks the worst from all.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Actually this is the best one since AC2 IMO.

6. CSF90

CSF90 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    So why are you in this thread? :3eyes:

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Same thing as you, replying for that sake of making a argument and that it runs bad >> Dunia engine is outdated, you cant polish a turd :p

Anyway now im out of this thread. Peace and no offense :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Except AC IV doesn't use the Dunia engine, it uses the Anvil Next engine.

Still, as I wrote a few pages ago, the Anvil Next engine despite the upgrades for AC IV is still primarily geared towards the previous generation of consoles. You can tell by how little system memory it uses, and how aggressively it streams data from the HDD/SSD.

Ubisoft's next gen engines will be used in Watch Dogs and the Division will be much more capable of tapping into our hardware..

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I don't really understand at all why people are whining so much. The performance is far from unplayable and most of the time runs just fine and is limited by the annoying 62,5 fps or so internal limit. It has some dips and those are probably caused by the aggressive optimisation to make it playable on old consoles. Finished the main story yesterday, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ah I see, looked a lot like Dunia.
    Thanks for the info.

Yes I can't wait for that masterpiece - Snowdrop? engine will own no doubt.:rock:
    And finally, I bet this AC would have been 100x better if it were already on this engine. But hey you can't have them all :p

11. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    you are from ubisoft kiev?

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Quite the opposite...........

13. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Completed the game quite a while ago, and intended to complete the optional objectives afterwards, but I just can't get myself to do it.
    http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_IV:_Black_Flag helped with quite a few things, as with all AC Games.. And if I dare say so,the game could have been much better optimized. Strangely enough, this is the first AC game where its impossible to alter the pop ins / increase the drawing distance. And I absolutely despise that.

14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Know how I know you never played any other AC game before?

15. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    BlackFlag is beautiful and fun to play. I'm so glad i can overlook the outdated engine and the horrible core usage and just fully enjoy the game!

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Just started playing AC 2. Bloody hell... That looks so freaking bad that it is not even funny. I swear it looks way worse than AC1.

17. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    Is anyone else getting a constant ACBF needs an update? The past few days I've been getting this and I got it again today, launched the game, closed it then launched it again and got the exact same ACBF needs an update. WTF is going on? I verified my files multiple times and I keep getting this.

[​IMG]

The whole update only takes a second or 2 but its getting irritating to have to be bothered with this at every launch.

18. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    antivirus blocking the files? or maybe system has put the files read only so the update doesnt actually complete

19. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    I haven't changed anything nor has any other updates in the past been an issues. Also, wouldn't verifying the files say I need certain files if I needed updates? All files verify.

20. Baronofdecency

Baronofdecency Member

GPU:
    This
    That game is a real mess!It seems whatever i choose 1280x720 or 1280x1024 there isnt any %0001 difference in performance.Why such an unoptimized engine?Guys with high end cards all paid that amount of money to play games smoothly and with the highest settings and for myself that my gear is at least faster than PS3 and Xbox 360 i expect to play it at least at 1280x720(which is full screen)but thanks to numerous lags(beside my from a to z optimization) i have to use 1024x768 with those ugly black bars :(