Assassins Creed IV: Black Flags

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Feb 28, 2013.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I started the game and it glitched in the first few minutes when Edward is supposed to take the wheel :p It is a very pretty looking game. Cranked the settings way up and enabled Vsync in the CP for a stable FPS though I do not know what it is as I don't have RTSS installed. I hope the CPU usage improves. 2 & B worked perfectly .. not a single drop below 60 fps :(

Edit: OMG .. I can't believe how well the ctrl+alt+del trick works!! CPU usage hits 90% on the first and fourth core and is 60% on 2 & 3. FPS feels like it almost at 60 fps all the time. WTF Ubi? Y U NO implement whatever it does into your game. Do they want Durante to fix their **** too?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ubi doesn't make pc games, only ported crap from consoles with adds of nvidia tech into it. Nice to know that your setup doesn't reach solid 60fps. Feels me to pass Kepler until Maxwell high-end.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Didn't Nv pay them 5 mil to add features? lol .. wasted money.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Seems excessive, will enough people buy an Nvidia GPU so that they get that money back, most of the performance killing settings are Nvidia added as well.

I just started this and the game seems very well optimised to me, can crank the settings far higher than I was expecting.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    You had this loopback in your host file, and so you werent able to download uplay from their website ?

6. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    To add stuff, not optimizations. Also ubisoft's engine for AC4 is a piece of crap. This are those games who needs some future strong GPU's (like a high end maxwell) to solid 60fps this.

Really hope watch dogs is not on the same crap engine as AC4. And future AC series will have another engine or at least a overhauled engine of AC4, overhaul for good not some lies (that we fixed AC3 problems in AC4) only lies as usual from ubisoft, they don't respect pc gamers since they made PC gamers some filthy pirates who only pirate games and since AC2 scandal with only-online DRM, after that ubisoft turnes his face away from pc gamers and these are the results, crap games in terms of performance.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol they only respect their wallets. They're moving to make FC and AC into MMOs now. Performance will only get worse as Ubi is just incapable of coding games to run beyond "playable at 30 fps". WD is on a different engine. Whether it is truly a new engine or like CoD's "new engine" remains to be seen.

The game runs so much better with the ctrl alt del trick that it's not even funny. There's no need to buy better hardware .. the fault lies with them. We should buy new h/w only if our current stuff is properly being maxed out.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think you guys are being harsh, the fact I can get good performance by disabling some stuff is pretty impressive considering how old my GPU is.
    DX likely is the culprit, this game would probably suit Mantle more than something like Thief.

Anyone any examples of a new open work game that looks and/or performs better than this?

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    What's that trick you're talking about?

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    FarCry3 :) And maybe Rayman Legends, haven't tried it though.

Indeed -.-

Guys a question, this might be driver related but - I get the Vsync Double Buffering dip down to 30fps sometimes but when I run the game with D3DOverrider the problem is gone. Nothing weird about that except that my FPS never goes below 60fps with D3DO. If I got the dips down to 30fps without using D3DO it would mean that the FPS goes below 60. But when D3DO is enabled the FPS stays at 60 all the time. It's like Triple Buffering boosts the game or something...I cannot explain it.

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game and then hold alt tab. Then click on assassins creed 4 black flag and your fps will improve.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You have a 4.6Ghz CPU bruteforcing the thing. If ctrl alt del of all things dramatically improves CPU usage to make the game smooth then yes, I will blame Ubisoft and not Direct X.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assass...FPS_drops_from_60_to_30_when_Vsync_is_enabled

Holding alt tab will force to run in borderless window mode (ubisoft magic) .. no need to do that at least according to that wiki page however, it has been tested on windows 7 and nvidia cards so it could be that and I myself run both.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @gargoyle: Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try :)

14. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Is anyone else having problems changing the ingame settings? I cant change any setting? When I try to change a setting it will just scroll through the different options and not let me select the option I want. :3eyes:

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Uplay saw fit to download the entire game again for 700mb patch it seems. Go figure.

Destroyed my first Legendary ship last night and moved on to Sequence 6 with some 70 hours of play under my belt. I believe there's 12-13 sequences in total so Prey is quite obviously doing what Prey does best ie stringing out a new game for everything it is worth.

Loved where you got to helm Blackbeard's ship The Queen Anne's Revenge even for a brief moment as it has a lovely design compared to that of the Jackdaw with the wheel sat high up. Took me bloody forever to locate it though in that damn thick fog and was constantly getting attacked as I went round in circles. The ship also has something well in the region of 40 cannons but word is the Jackdaw can be upgraded to as many as 56!

Honestly thought I'd be tiring of it by now but it just has that solidly nicely continued gameplay/story factor that wants you to sink more and more hours into it.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Your spoiler tags didn't work :( But I fixed them. Use [] instead of <> :)

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    if i happen to find this game cheaper :(

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    God nooooo, savegames from someone else don't work, they seem to be linked to you're CDKEY. :(

Oh well i can cheat my way through till where i was at with a trainer.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    @ Netherwind

Thanks man.

20. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Ubisoft has now firmed up Freedom Cry's release dates across individual platforms. The PC edition will launch alongside Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions next Tuesday, 17th December.