Assassins Creed III Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    It should, there is 80+ pages and none reply...shame if they gonna leave us with broken game.

2. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Im at 94 percent total percentage done i did all the quest including naval, treasure hunt, homestead, feathers , brawls and evertyhing what am i missing? and ive been playin for total of 41 hours now.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    About what? Link please :D

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Finally finished the story, about 97% sync. I liked it, it was it's money's worth if you are an AC fan like me. Sure there were some bugs, but nothing game breaking. Really can't get into the mp though.

5. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
  6. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    I finished it also. It was good but felt flat near the end. First AC game I bothered to finish. Now I wonder if I should play previous ones or not... I have a hard time getting into Ubisoft games most of the time. All their games lack that little something for me.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You simply won't be able to enjoy the first game, trust me :p It's only good for the story and awfully repetitive. I remember your opinions about 2 but the story and character progression make it very enjoyable :p Brotherhood was my favourite. Revelations was from where the series started to lose its charm for me.

8. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I enjoyed the Theater and Voyage missions but I refuse to play the game now until the low fps is fixed.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
  10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    boo
    Just got this game and running it as is with 1.01 patch (uplay did an auto download so I'm assuming that)
    A bit patchy with my system (Sapphire 7950 ATI 21.11)
    Is there any tips or tweeks for AMD users?
    I think my CPU is turbo clocks to 4.2 under gaming from 1.6
    If it is low CPU clocks could that be the issue?
    How do I check what my CPU is clocked at in game?

OCCT does not yet work for win8 64 so unable to run a monitored stress test

11. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Try Assassin's Creed Revelations - Fantastic!!

12. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    This game has some serious performance/technical problems.
    One time I get 60 fps (100% GPU load) easily but just changing the view to a certain thing and it drops to ~17 (and GPU load falls to ~30%). This keeps happening no matter the screen resolution or graphics settings. And why the hell is there no way to turn off the ambient occlusion?

Anyway, this makes normal play impossible for me (and I only just arrived in America in the game)

13. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
    i like the game so far. Just arrived at New York. the native american you play has a real attitude problem. i hate playing him lol. feels like he has a stick up his butt.

14. Templ

Templ Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF GTX 970 Gaming
    He does need to relax a bit, yes. Wonder why they went with a relatively unlikeable character this time. Perhaps they want us to like the Templars more? I mean, certain Templars (you know who I mean) in this game are pretty cool. :D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol .. yeah, I'm now more interested in a Templar Creed :p I hope they take some liberties with Connor's character in that Washington DLC.

16. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    If you liked Assassins Creed 3 then you should follow Ezio's story from Assassins Creed 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, and Assassins Creed Revelations, and watch the 3 mini-films Assassins Creed Lineage to follow Ezio to his old age and eventually death.

One of the best game characters around mind you. :D

17. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    The game has a couple of problems. The first is a framerate inconsistencies that still do not quite know why that is. Sometimes when I start the game, at a certain point and using a fixed configuration (Stage quality "very high") I have 57 fps. If I change the "max frames ahead" value in the profile and started the game, I have 75 fps in the same situation (a constant +18 fps in every situation). The funny thing is that after this test, I return to leave everything as it was, and I still get 75 fps. The next day I can return to see the 57, and need to do all the tests again. This has no relation with disk streaming, it is the framerate of the place without moving the character and is a framerate that does not change even over time. Curious.

The next thing I saw is that the framerate drops due to streaming when loading new stage elements are due to poor programming and can not be reduced with better drives. The first test I did was move the game folder to the SSD (and change the fields in registry to Uplay will use the new location). Reduced level loading time to 7 seconds, but the framerate drops (about 20 fps less) on streaming moments were identical.

The second test was to create a virtual disk of 18 gigs into ram (I have 32 GB) and move the game folder to ram. Loading time is reduced to 3.5 seconds, but falls due to streaming stayed the same.

The graphics capability is not an issue in this game, I can up the resolution to 2800x1800 and my partner of 480 are sufficient. The problem is the cpu. Tests have been with the processor to 5 GHz and causing the worst cases with streaming routines, I have come to see minimum of 47 fps.

Another curious thing is that Boston (the city where I have done all tests) has routes where streaming is smooth and almost imperceptible and others where it is more pronounced. If you go from one extreme to another through wider streets, I can reach the port always over 60 fps, but if I make a detour to find the port blow after a corner, is where bigger brought down to 47 fps .

18. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Any useful info or tweaks for SLI/690 users MaLDo ? Get very bad negative scaling on my 690 and many other SLI users report the same. Nvidia don't seem to be interested or even acknowledge that there is a problem.
    The game looks nice, but it doesn't look mind blowing and a high end rig should have no problem holding a constant frame rate of 60 and over.

19. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    When a game is cpu limited your sli can't do miracles. And your "free cpu performance" is lower when you use more than one gpu. So, for normal resolutions (and 1080p is very low for AC3 gpu demanding) is better to use only one gpu disabling sli. Only at 1800p + highest AA setting your 690 combo is useful.

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    I hope AC4 takes place during the French Revolution and the Napoleononic wars....