1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassins Creed III Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    The amount of stuff they shoot you in your face on your screen is simply mind blowing. No doubt it can run bad on some system. This and Sleeping dogs are the most impressive graphics I've seen this year. I know I'm a graphic whore but it's still the factor that immerse me the most in games.

Also, I didn't play AC1 and AC2 much so it makes the game even more better for me haha

2. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850
    Guys, how do I force driver based AA+MSAA?
    I have GTX580 and the highest settings available looks like ****, i get some shimmering textures in pleases and far away trees have aliasing and looks somewhat blurry.
    Is there any compatibility flags to force drive AA?

3. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    wanny i have a more powerful pc than u on the sheer graphic power and i have have 5 fps in Boston so it is not how much they throw in your face as much that the **** dose not work right

4. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Sorry to hear...

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I got this game for free when I got my video card. however the email was about as uninformative as humanly possible and no info on how to download it. probably have to use Uplay which sucks as I got 1 game on Origin, now 1 on uplay and like 60 on Steam. Why can't all the clients just get along?

*edit: no I was wrong, it's not on Uplay. wtf?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I was given a link to the Ubisoft downloader client via drop box, after it downloaded the game then appeared in Uplay.

7. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti

You should be able to go to ubishop.com, put the game in your cart and put in your game code there. They'll send you a "purchase" confirmation and the download link is in that e-mail. It is convoluted as hell, but there it is.

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    that's what I did. They sent me just 1 email thanking me for signing up with some links on how to change my password or go to support for help.

I looked and re looked, there is no download link here for the game

This is all I got from them.

Nothing else in the Spam folder or anything. Logging into the website shows nothing in particular, no messages for me or nothing.
    Guess i'm gonna have to give their support some kindly words.

9. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
  10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition

11. GiNaJuIcE

GiNaJuIcE Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP
    yea the white flashes when loading blinds me. why the hell did ubicock do this?

12. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Yes once downloaded and you run the game it will run Uplay and ask for key.

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    the key Nvidia gave me right? or the one on the Card included with the graphics card

*crap, just got an "invalid argument" pop up during download. it continued but i'm sure it'll be some other hassle with corrupted files or something i'll have to deal with later. why can't Ubi just use Steam like everyone else *sigh

14. GPU

GPU Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780scsli ek 2x655 ek
    I received a copy with my 840 pro ,when trying to sign up ,many kick outs with FF.-used IE
    , then it seems my email was taken, game ? then to download new psw , worked with email add.+ new psw.[ 1 hour delay]
    -download took for ever @ 1.8 mb's then at the end they said the avg. download speed was 83 kb lol.
    -only thing in my games was ac3 ,what happen to the other game.
    -took a night for a free game , will play it after fc3.

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I give up. what CD key am I supposed to use. I have the serial that came on the card and the one Nvidia gave me...neither work.
    I'm assuming Ubi was supposed to give me a key in the same email that had a downloadable link which they failed to provide. nice

16. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
  17. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yes, the key was in the confirmation e-mail. See if they can resend it:

https://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=DisplayContactUsPage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ubina

Diggin' the game so far. It looks beautiful and TXAA is just so sharp and clean. Running max settings on a single card for now, and fps is mostly 60 with occasional dips into the low 50s. I'm getting full gpu utilization, so I'm fine with that. I've also disabled hyperthreading as an experiment. So far, so good.

Haytham is one smooth and charismatic character. Too bad I won't be playing him for long. At this point, I wish they'd stop holding my hand and set me free though.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, I think I've finally made it to a part of the game where I can really dig in and enjoy it.
    The opening sequences weren't bad, but they felt unfinished. And at times.... a bit boring.

One area, guy tells me to go a certain place... start there, says we can't because there are guards in the way. Says for me to follow him... then, stands there. Waiting to follow me.
    I know there's a marker directing to where I need to go... but it just feels really unpolished and unfinished in certain areas.
    A fun game, and I love how it looks. But, it just... feels as if it lacks the polish that Assassin's Creed II had.

19. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming 8G
    Just reinstalled the 310.64 drivers and still no luck. Even if use the lowest settings Boston still runs with low fps.

20. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Wow, I just got to the first snowy winter scene and it is absolutely stunning riding a horse through this environment - amazing detail in the world and and the atmosphere really takes you there. Makes me want to bundle up and have a nice hot cider.

btw - The muscles in the horse model are insane!