1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassins Creed III Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    There's no option for it in the ini file either, is there a specific reason you want to use windowed mode. :)
    (The game is pretty easy to alt-tab out of and in to, quick too.)

Unsure if there is some command line option or such, I can check but I doubt I'll find anything.

Finished the game, ending felt a bit rushed but overall I enjoyed the game a lot, since I mostly followed the main story missions it seems I missed a number of events due to the many years that the different sequences span so I'll have to replay the memories to gain those last homestead improvements and followers.
    (There are quite a few changes to the cities as well.)

Now it seems I'm hunting for pivots, it's something like a online challenge after completing the three epilogue missions that unlock on beating the game, basically you and other players place and find different pivots (Thus why it needs to be online.) which in turn unlock override hacks from rapid fire to invincibility or toggling weather and day to night cycles or even the season from winter or summer but the game progress won't save when these are active which is understandable I guess.

Ending and story was pretty OK although I think I liked the first game the best but this wasn't bad or anything, game had a lot of interesting moments but some segments feel like they go by too fast albeit maybe DLC will expand on certain events better and you rush through a lot of historical figures, Benjamin Franklin wasn't used much for example or maybe I just missed something.
    (Like the full story with what happened with the continental brotherhood, I'd give a more detailed summary so far but it would spoil a significant event in the story so I'll have to leave it a bit vague, there's a lot of things happening over the years that this game spans.)

Combat has improved albeit it's still fairly easy and the controls are better than ever, Desmond had a pretty interesting role too this time, also I didn't quite like Connors character but I suppose being grim and so driven is understandable due to the events he goes through.

Now to finish all these side stories and other unlocks, will take time.
    (Various challenges and such too.)

Oh and I only had some few minor bugs, nothing that was really problematic.
    (Some AI quirks too, guards are very prone to being triggered but I think I understand that those standing ones are pretty twitchy even if you just run past a bit too close, some of the brawls get pretty large when some of the reinforcement patrols start arriving, there's quite a lot of them around the areas.)

Can't think of anything else at the moment, I'm probably missing or overlooking something though. :D

EDIT: Now then, oriental setting next maybe?
    (Database has some info about that but we'll see what happens.)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    To all of you who think a GTX 650 Ti cannot run Assassins Creed 3 with reasonable settings, you're wrong lol

I'm playing at High+Very High setting right now, and with 310.61 driver I'm getting 55-60 fps even in Boston :)

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
  4. Templ

Templ Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF GTX 970 Gaming
    Mine runs great. Always at 60 FPS (locked). It only drops to as low as 45 on a few occasions if I set AA to very high (I suppose it's too much for my graphic card to handle :wanker:).

5. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    1440x900 po.. at babae po ako :)

I downclocked the card to 928 mhz (stock clocks) since I really don't need it to be at 1075 mhz :D

6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    @HamsterCrispy: whoops, my bad hehe.
    That GTX 650Ti is at least on par/faster than my sister's HD 6850

7. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    What are the differences between AA high and AA very high? Does it enable multisampling/supersampling on very high? Anyway, there's too much shimmering on many surfaces, looks like they want us to use TXAA... :D

8. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    Normal: console style standard FXAA
    High: enhanced FXAA
    Very High: MSAA 4X + FXAA

and the even higher one it seems is the TXAA
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...nches-on-the-pc-with-impressive-tech-and-txaa

9. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Hey guys, I have a problem with this game - I've got AC3SP.exe crash right after introduction/ previously movie...I can't even start the single player game :( Does somebody encounter to this and found a solution to something like that?..

PS. multiplayer works without issues.

10. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I also have i5-2500K (min 41 fps; avg 72). I think that my old AMD 1055T got min 16 and avg 25. Therefore, i5-2500K is much faster than 1055T! :eek3: :D

11. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    wow, looks like Sandy/Ivy is the way to go for this game.

13. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Aero GTX 1070Ti
    This benchmark is either unreliable or I haven't reached the part of the game where they tested (I'm currently at sequence 5).
    With the PC
    <==
    I got so far a minimum of 35fps at maximum settings and I still believe I was gpu limited at those moments. Also the CPU usage on the cores is pretty consistent, all the 6 cores are used at ~60%.

14. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming 8G
  15. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Guys i need help where does this game saves game progression i lost my raid and lost all progress so i had to start again and now i want to save it just in case

it do it local or on cloud ? if its on cloud it cannot be as i reinstalled put my ubi account and saves where gone...

16. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    GUYS! for all those with SLI/performance issues, in the launcher click the arrow next to the "PLAY" button and select run in safe mode. I am now getting rock solid performance even with out SLI, everything maxed out. Worth a shot, go for it!

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Safe mode usually starts the game at the lowest (or default.) settings, save files are stored in the Ubisoft Launcher folder or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\-ProfileNumberHere-\54"

18. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    Pretty shocking performance issues even with fast CPUs. I've been playing around with Creed 3 and even lowering the screen resolution down to console levels doesn't help so it's definitely a problem with CPU usage. Just unacceptable minimum frame rates across the board really.

19. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I get strange faint horizontal lines if I have the shadows below very high and i'd prefer to have shadows set at high for the extra performance.

20. Templ

Templ Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF GTX 970 Gaming
    Did you by any chance delete the introductory BIK movies (UBI logo, disclamer, etc?) I did that, and the game would crash after the "previously on" movie. You need to have at least one logo play at the beginning if you want a new game to start properly. I only have the "warning_disclaimer.bik" active, since you can skip it.

It's weird, but that was the solution for me.