1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin Creed Oddyssey - gpu usage drops in Athens

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jmmy23, Aug 18, 2019.

1. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Hey Guys, i'm having the following Problem. I play in 1440p everything maxed .
    When I'm in city Athens my Gpu Usage drops from 96-94 to the 80s or even 70s. At this time my Cpu often hits 100 percent, this causes Frametimespikes from 17-29ms. How is it possible that my i9 is still a bottleneck in this game?

Specs:
    i9 9900k @stock 4.7 ghz.
    Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce RTX 2080 Ti
    Asus Prime Z390-A
    Gskill 2x16GB 3000MHZ DDR4
    Corsair 850RmX
    Game installed on SSD
    Using the newest drivers
    Windows 10 1903 ver

Please Help
    I tried turning off GSYNC,Power Management to Max,window mode,borderless ,nothing helped. Maybe thats just the game? But on youtube i saw user with the same pc and he hadnt that gpu usage drops in Athens.

Other benchmarks and games are fine.

2. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Its Ubisoft mate,, the game eats cores as its not well optimised

Strange Times likes this.
  3. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I can't even run for example need for speed the latest on my 9900K the game goes full 90 -100 % on my cpu crazy but I call that bad programming

4. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    Try "Volumetric Clouds" (settings) to MEDIUM

5. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Thank you for replies. I will change tommorow Volumetric Clouds and message here. Maybe it help : );)

6. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Hey guys. Nvidia released new drivers. There is ultra low latency mode and other features. Should i try?:)

7. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Every CPU that exists is insufficient for this game. This is one of the few games where a 3900x performs better than a 9900k. But even the 3900x is still CPU bottlenecked in some areas in this game.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    What settings are you running in-game? What resolution? Athens is a place that is probably hit hard by Environmental Detals and Character Details plus AO.

Personally I had the same problem with my old 6700K while playing at 4K. The FPS dropped below 60, especially when using Ikaros to do a fly-by of the city. But when I switched to the 3800X Athens is not a problem anymore and I can maintain an almost perfect 60fps regardless where I go in Athens or if I use Ikaros. I have turned a select few settings down but most are at max (except clouds that was mentioned earlier), can check at home if you want.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    I wouldn't call it unoptimised, Ubisoft actually programmed the engine with multi-core CPU's in mind and it takes full advantage of many cores. Sure its not a perfect implementation but its forward thinking, and the rumour is that Ubisoft will be dropping all their exisiting API's (both console, and DX) in favour of Vulkun and porting their engines over to it. Which would probably help massively with multi-core workloads.

Passus and endbase like this.
  10. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    I installed newest drivers and use ULTRA LOW LATENCY in ATHENS. F**** up all.
    Drops to usage 50% of gpu and drops to 30 fps. Immidiatelly i turned that off and its like before.
    I tried only LOW LATENCY to ON ( instead of ULTRA ) and maybe its better or maybe not,not sure.

Ultra low latency this is f**** up. So guess yeah its just a game. :) I am got gpu usage drops after using IKAROS . Even if i stop flying by IKAROS it drops . I must alt tab game again to normal. Something with textures ,cpu streaming maybe.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats because ultra low latency turns off dx11 multithreading.

12. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Ah ok. Dont know it . So i wil use only : "ON". I added Nvidia Freestyle sharpening and looks like DLSS. Very nice.

But you know what? I like that little blur without sharpening hehe:)