Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, May 9, 2015.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I am enjoying the PC version of ACS a lot and it is running well with no major issues so far and only the odd minor glitch here and there, usually related to the AI and/or NPCs.

Anyway, I have noticed a really ugly graphical bug when using MSAA or TXAA that looks like texture seaming. It is very noticeable indoors and looks like a white crack in the walls running from top to bottom. I seen to recall Unity having the exact same issue until it was fixed. I am using the recommended v359.00 driver for the game.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I've read that it doesn't occur with just FXAA but I find that AA method to poor personally as the game looks too jaggy and shimmery.

2. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I´ve played a few missions in London and it seems like a decent port after all, performance is not on the level of a GTAV, Fallout 4, Mad Max, Project cars, Nba 2k15, MotoGp15, F1 2015, Mortal kombat X, MGSV, DAI, Battlefront, Mordor, etc, etc which the 660 can easily play @1080p.... but it´s at least on the level of the witcher 3 on medium settings, maybe better since I don´t have to delete anything to make it run smoothly @900p... locked 37fps/74Hz, much better than ps4... proving again that console´s apus can´t even match the little old 660.

3. Ash Cation

Ash Cation Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 ACX
    I think Ubisoft made a really good job on this AC , I played 5h no stop.

I didnt notice any bugs, gameplay or graphics.

The performance is REALLY good IF you dont use PCSS/PCSS Ultra and AA higher than FXAA.

The gameplay is smooth and everything works just fine.

Good job Ubisoft o/

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i think i understand what's happening with this game , you can rotate the camera and it'll be showing the world moves around in 60fps however the characters and their animations are on displaying lower frames per second like 40 or 30 so you won't see actual 60fps no matter what you do

nvidia should release a driver fixing that soon hopefully

5. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    i was having the same problem and i fixed it by running the game as administrator

6. godamn2013

godamn2013 Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 970 4 GB
    the game is running very smooth for me ... 55 fps on average.. with ultra(shadows on high) + fxaa + smaa
    The game is downloading another update of the size 1.19 Gb now...do you guys got the update ?.. dont know the changelog !!

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Do you still buy your games both on PS4 and PC? :)

8. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLi
    It's not driver related at all. Ubisoft locked the cloth physics at 30 fps. Either because they forgot about it during porting, or it's a crude fix for physics to not get bonkers at higher framerate. Skippy animations exist due to their contextual system of movement. Its prediction leaves a lot to be desired to be honest.

9. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    It's me or the night it's too short compared to the daytime?

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The cloth physics looks really ugly......... why did they lock it to 30fps geez....

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Not all of them, no. :D

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Ah OK :)

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    So ..... is SLI actually still worth having?

14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Please help I can't find the any key on my keyboard!

-Ubisoft forums, 10/10, will never visit again.

15. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    No SLI issues here. Been running a pair of gtx 980s with latest 390.00 whql drivers and all is well. One of the things that was giving me bad texture artifacts/corruptions was Shader Cache in NVCP. As soon as I turned it off, everything was kosher. Also, PCSS Ultra (regular is fine, high shadows are the best) and HBAO+ Ultra (HBAO+ is fine) causes cashes and fps drops in both single gpu and SLI

16. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080
    Are you sure? SLi performance (gpu usage) is awful in this game and i'm not the only one who thinks that, apparently. :3eyes:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubiso...g-into-assassins-creed-syndicates-sli-issues/

17. remicius

remicius Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    i have no sli issues as well,4 hour in game,okay,ive locked the fps to 45 at 4k,run butter smooth.maybe the 12thread came into play,and also iam glad to have a 12gb cards,memory is filled up to 8,5gb,hmm

18. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    I am absolutely positive. I must say that gpu usage is rather high (60-70% each) for a game of this graphics. But I do see balanced usage form my cards, nothing wrong there.

19. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    In regards to SLI i've just tested single card fps and i'm getting 57-65 and with SLI i'm getting 65-89 so not a big improvement to be honest .
    Game setting
    2560x1440p @ 144hz no DSR
    environment max
    texture max
    shadows high
    HBAO+ Ultra
    FXAA as TXAA is just a fps killer

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  20. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    anyone care to share how a GTX770 2 GB is faring with this game? I was able to run Unity pretty well lowering all the eye candy (AA, AO) at 50-60 fps, 1080p 120Hz. Just curious to know how Syndicate will run on my rig.