Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    OK I installed it and I've been playing for about an hour and a half. My impression is that the game is very well optimized considering the large amount of detail, density and simulation that's in the game. It's EXTREMELY efficient when it comes to memory usage. You'd think a game like this would use tons of RAM and VRAM, but it doesn't, as my screenshots will show. Actually, it's hard to believe that Ubisoft tweaked LoD and draw distances to the degree that's shown in AC Origins, whilst simultaneously reducing memory usage :eek:

As for CPU usage, I haven't detected anything out of the ordinary so far, at least for a DX11 game. Yeah core 1 is getting slammed more than the others, but that's typically ordinary in a DX11 game. As long as the other cores/threads are getting some usage, it's not an issue I think.

The most important things though, is that there is no stuttering at all, and stability seems to be very good as I haven't had a single crash. :cool: Overall, I'm glad I bought it so far. It's been a while since I've played an AC game, and this is as good a time as any to jump back in. It's going to be months before I beat it, as I don't get much time to play games these days.

Here is a screenshot at 1440p max settings with a Titan Xp in a busy area in Siwa. The crowd density and overall detail is far greater than in the base console versions:

[​IMG]

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    A game like this could benefit heavily from DX12. It's a shame that Ubisoft couldn't get it ready in time for release. I really hope they implement a DX12 patch later down the road though.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    ii found the game running smoothly when the shadow quality is set to high , also DOF can hard the fps during cutscenes

turning both of those options down smooths the fps for me a lot , 1400p from 85-99 , 4k smooth 60fps

here's 4k 60fps with graphics options at the start of the video

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I lost how to combat tips. Pressing r1 and r2 does what? I mean while the e fight we build a rage matter or what ever. Then what happens?

Playing on hard difficulty is a bit hard for real. And wish there was a survival like game play mechanics. Drinking, eating, sleeping.

And I hate very fast combat style. Why nobody does slower fighting with realistic animations.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Stryx RX 580
    reviews say: combat clunky and not fluid, there goes buying the game, i waited for so long for them to fix this, they didn t...typical ubi

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    So if a reviewer say to you go fall from a mountain..you will go. logic.

I will certainly buy the game..looks fun and the RPG elements make it better..about the clunky and whatever combat...the game just released...a million patches will come.

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Any recommended performance tweaks yet? :)

8. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Game runs bad for me maxed out.

I get like 30fps in the middle of Siwa during the day. I'm on an I7-7700 and GTX 1080.

All my other games run like they should.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    start with water and shadows , turn the quality down a bit

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb

11. MrIGM

MrIGM Member

GPU:
    CZXZXC
    Runs like dogpoop on i7 rx 580 oc and 16gb ram.
    with latest drivers i get 25-45 fps in cities.

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Yeah I've noticed that the cut scenes run horribly, though not all of them. I hope Ubisoft releases a patch to rectify that issue.

This is exactly why I haven't gone to 4K yet. Current GPUs don't have the grunt required to run 4K with all the bells and whistles turned on. Hopefully Volta will be much better in that department.

If NVidia sells a full fat die Volta Titan card with HBM2 that can properly handle 4K, I will buy it and a 4K monitor! :D

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Try turning down shadows and tessellation. The latter in particular always has a big hit on AMD GPUs.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I've played it on my 4k TV and got mostly 60fps everywhere but running or riding through the cities could hit the fps a little

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    This game is a massive cpu hog. I have a 7600k at 4.8ghz and it tanks it like hell. What are the cpu dependent settings to turn down?

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    draw distance stuff , like the ones that handles grass and vegetation , also water quality shouldn't be higher than medium for everyone

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    All the draw distance and LoD improvements for AC Origins has come at a huge cost of CPU usage it seems. But as high as the CPU usage is, I think it's worth it because it's much better than the glaring pop in and LoD transitions that occurred in previous games.

Looking at the console versions, the draw distance and LoD is far inferior compared to what you can achieve with the PC version, so Ubisoft to their credit didn't hold back the PC version at all.

What the game really needs is DX12. That would solve the CPU usage problem, and increase performance as well.

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Curious as to why you say the water quality shouldn't be higher than medium? I have mine maxed, and the water physics is really awesome. There is even a tidal algorithm at the water's edge.

19. MrIGM

MrIGM Member

GPU:
    CZXZXC
    In my case lowering to low from ultra gives totall of 5fps. so its optimization issue, my pc is being bottlenecked by their shitty developers.

20. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Wait, was Ubisoft working on supporting DX12 in this game? Where did you read about that?