Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Cheers I'll keep a look out for all that stuff.

3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I don't think its controversial in any way... Actually, I think its popular opinion. The whole Animus thing made sense when they included it as part of the storyline, which kinda ended with Brotherhood and in parts Revelations. Since then its just been filler and an excuse for whatever timeline and setting they set the game in. Remember Animus in Black Flag? Walk around the office with an Ipad for a total of 10 min. Remember it in Syndicate? 2 x Pr-rendered Cutscenes that didn't even total 6 min. Unity was just as vapid, so much so I can't even recall the excuse there.

And here in Origin, its also just a filler. But it does give them a story excuse with the whole " Glitch in the Animus" missions.

4. circus2050

circus2050 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] After browsing through all of these pages I have decided to ditch my 6700K and replace it with 8700K and mobo Asus hero X.
    I can now game on ultra with anti aliasing set to low and get 60+ fps in Alexandria.
    With 6700K my PC was freezing for a few seconds in Alexandria but all that is gone now.
    At first I have tried the 8700K with no OC and there was an improvement in performance but not that much.
    After I have enabled the OC game mode which sets the CPU target to 4,8GHz and my RAM to 2400MHz I can see a lot more improvements in performance.
    I game on 3440x1440. The game is running on Samsung 960 Pro with the old driver 1B6QCXP7.
    8700K is awesome xD.

Angantyr and DocStrangelove like this.

5. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    The modern day stuff is so pointless and boring now it barely made an appearance in Origins. Black Flag was the last time it was justified but only because they went all meta with the Abstergo Entertainment company so it was mildly entertaining. The sooner they phase is out entirely the better.

signex, Netherwind and DocStrangelove like this.
  6. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The RL sections lack purpose imho. And the Animus sections lack short term goals that could give purpose to the RL sections.

For example: finding pieces of a statue for a museum. The museum wants the statue for its audience, the Assassins want the complete statue because there's a hidden code on it. Bingo. After each Animus section you know where a piece is, you get out from the Animus and get the piece while dodging police and other authorities that are investigating abnormal signals in the federal power grid. Take too long to find the pieces and the Animus has to move to another location.

It made all more sense during the Brotherhood / Revelation days tbh.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Control panel coming later this month. :)

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/.../this-month-in-assassins-creed®-origins-april

lucidus likes this.
  8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Nice! They are really putting a lot of efforts in this game. I'm really curious about this new feature.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Yes, seems like they're begging me to buy Season Pass which I might do considering they've earned it with all patches and stuff lately.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    damn that control panel is seriously cool stuff!

11. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    I still didn't get any DLC, too expensive atm, shame that I didn't notice they were reduced a few days ago. I'll wait a bit till the price drops.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I agree that 40€ is ridiculous for a season pass which is why I'd buy it from a key site for 25€ which is exactly what it's worth.

signex likes this.
  13. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    So you can't pass time (Dawn & Dusk skill) on a ship. Or when in deep water. Great. Is there a way around that or am I missing something? The upcoming control panel may help with it, have to wait to see.

The nights are dull to me for scenery. It's like a big dusk, not that dark. I just like playing in daylight most of the time as far as graphics go. And when on a ship for a long time the day doesn't last long enough.

It gets old sailing to land at dusk, getting off, pass time to morning light, getting back on the ship and continue sailing in daylight which is too short anyway. If you could simply jump from the ship into the water and pass time then climb back onboard that would be ok.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Game's on sale on steam right now ... gold edition worth it?

DocStrangelove likes this.
  15. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    If the dlcs (i mean the big ones, not the clothing/weapons bullshit) are included, get it, otherwise go for the standard edition.

lucidus likes this.

16. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yup, very much worth it. Includes new landscapes and missions after the main story and several costumes - Altaïr's costume actually looks great in this title, it's like an open world version of AC1 all over again.

So yeah def worth it!

lucidus likes this.
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks guys ... I'll buy the gold edition. It seems to include everything.

signex and DocStrangelove like this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Should be out now, Steam can take between 5 - 10 minutes before it refreshes. :)
    (Or a restart of the client since it does a check as it starts up too.)

XenthorX likes this.
  20. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    LIke a new toy to play with, the control panel should keep me busy for a while.