Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
  2. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Great! If you've written a new shader, please share it at https://reshade.me/forum and possibly get it added to the github, there's been some really interesting new shaders lately :)

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Update 1.3.0 is out now. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/582160/announcements/detail/2742000471558797436

4. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    uplay have 4.80gb patch size hmm.

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Yay.. Game+ Daddy likes..

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I just did the first Discovery Tour of Alexandria. I'm actually enjoying it. I'm a history guy and really enjoying getting factual information about the cities in the game. Very cool they went out of their way to teach some actual history in a video game..

7. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    loves every moment in discovery tour . great free update

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Glad I'm not the only one.

9. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Discovery Tour is very good. It's nice to just chill out and marvel at the beautiful engine and the incredible amount of detail they packed into the game while learning. The tours are well laid out with short segments so it never feels like a boring lecture. My only nitpick is that you can't auto-hide the text.

Meanwhile some people are too busy getting their knickers in a twist over the supposed classroom/vase controversy LOL.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ubisoft-historical-accuracy-vs-inclusive-gameplay.24787/

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Well.. I think I've done all quests now.. 142 complete.. I'm on to loot collecting and traveling to ?'s...

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Update 1.4.0 came out today. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/826xt6/assassins_creed_origins_140_patch_notes/

12. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I tried out Fast Sync for the first time ever and to my surprise it got rid of the screen tearing and most of the stutter. Can't believe I've never read anything about it before. I'll have to try it with other games that dip below 60fps.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  13. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    So do the graphics look better more often overall if you turn off Adaptive AA in the game menu and just set AA to High? At first I thought because Adaptive AA uses more gpu ram it should make the graphics better.

But maybe it uses more video ram because of constant adjustment to aa? Anyway the PQ seems sharper to me with AA set to High in the game menu. Or I think it looks better, not sure. Maybe someone can answer my question at the start of my post provided it's worded properly and makes sense.

Added: On an unrelated note I tried Fast Vsync in Nvidia Control Panel and like the poster right above me it got rid of screen tearing.

14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    Well from what I understand adaptive AA adjusts the level of AA used depending on your framerate. So naturally keeping AA set to high will result in a constant high level of AA. Can't see why you'd be confused about this to be honest, unless there is something about this option I do not know? Any other gurus have any input?

15. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    I probably shouldn't have been confused. It's just the higher video ram needed by Adaptive aa threw me off thinking the more gpu ram I use for any aa the better the PQ. Anyway I'm so into graphics I settle for 25 fps or even 20 in some games.

Added - waiting for the holy grail when 4k games on ultra play at 100 fps in the next year or two because I hear the higher fps can improve the visuals than with just 60 fps. Not sure if that would be true for most people. And that it may depend on an individual's eyesight or related tolerances to notice the difference.

They're using 1440/1080 res systems to do those comparisons today which has probably been argued to death about on this site. Added - one more edit: And if anyone points out a 4k system testing at 100 fps today then fine I'll buy one or the parts for it because I can probably afford it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018

16. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Adaptive AA doesn't make much difference if you're hovering around 60fps.

I use Medium AA with 1440p DSR and ReShade Lumasharpen. Looks great. Tried High AA and it just makes the AA sharper but not necessarily better, so not worth it, IMO.

17. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    Factual informaion based on what? Do you really belive our current knowledge in regards to Egypt and pyramids is even partially correct?

Pyramids werent tombs

Here's some interesting and shocking FACTS in regards to great pyramid

http://sentinelkennels.com/Research_Article_V41.html
    Evidences clearly suggest great pyramid was sophisticated machine that worked on water

As you can see here is the full running model, EVERYTHING WORKS exactly as scientists suggested

So true history of Egypt and pyramids is still one big mystery, and scientists are not allowed to ask any questions and make their any new reasearch. Currently pyramids and Egypt history is governed by Zahi Hawass, and that guy refuse for debate on new scientific findings. Not so long ago scienstists from Japan have xrayed the great pyramid and discovered new chamber, and Hawass have said he dont belive in scientifict data, because he really belives his current knowledge is already correct :p, that's very (un)scientific. Later on people learn about Egypt history from liars like that.

Criminal archaeology – Zahi Hawass

This "debate" show orthodoxy egyptology at it's finest. Hawass is having a massive childlike tantrum simply because he is being challenged

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Sure...

[​IMG]

19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I feel stupider for actually watching those videos

Dragam1337 likes this.
  20. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    In these materials you can see only facts in regards to pyramids, and you feel stupider because you learn about them? Ignorance is bliss, and you do what every socialy programmed person supposed to do, ignore real facts and science and never ask important questions. If you belive pyramids were tombs and could be build with primitive stone tools so fine, but not every people belive in fairy tales without any evidences to support theories like that.

There were two attempts (in 1979 and 1995) to build pyramids miniatures with simple tools, and both attempts failed basically proving primitive tools could not be used to shape these stones so perfectly (blocks shape was uneven and not to mention they have spend 10 hours to place just one block in place using old methods). Stone blocks in Gyza pyramid are bigger and has a tolerance within 0.05 mm, and not to mention in order to shape granite today, we need to use machines with diamonds, because nothing else can shape granite. Giza pyramid is build with INSANE tolerance and precision, it's basically modern watch build into a size of a mountain, even with today technology we cant replicate anything like that (in 2'nd video you can see interviews with engineers because they talk about details).

First video is not made by some random and clueless guy, Semir is one the best archaeology experts in entire world. He personally has visited all of these pyramids and he work with experts from across the world because pyramids are his entire life. Compared to him Zahi Hawass is a proven liar. To people like Hawass facts mean nothing, because Egyptians rely on tourism to make a living, so he dont want to change already accepted history, and for that reason he is censoring every new excavation and ingore all scientific evidences.

AC origins is a great game, but it's educational value is none.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018