Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Looks like the DLC is out now, 6.2 GB on Steam.

2. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Man...legendary weapons are so damn expensive to upgrade. lol

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Yeah 3000+ gold and then up to 6000+ gold for the DLC with the level 45 cap plus you get only a small amount from actually looting bodies and such so money can be a problem even later in the game though quests and grinding for various materials can help but there's so many unique items and it only gets more expensive for each level up you go through.

Dragam1337, HK-1 and Slam like this.
  4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Netherwind likes this.

5. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I came across a loot hack during my first playthrough that gave me near unlimited loot. I'm around 6 million gold right now which has allowed me to buy and upgrade everything. I've also opened a lot of heka chest allowing me to unlock most of the loot that was locked behind Ubisoft's micro-transaction store. That hack I used is now fixed, but you can always use a Trainer. Some people on reddit were using trainers only once giving themselves 10 million gold and then never using the trainer again. I'm not sure if Ubisoft monitors for trainer use though, so be cautious.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The DLC is a bit disappointing. When I heard the level cap was raised to 45 I figured a significant amount of new quests would be in it based on the progression scale of the main game. There isn't.. All they did was make the experience you got for the quests in the DLC much higher so you reach the level 45 cap rather quickly all things considering.

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1693785669867991596/

Singleton99 likes this.
  8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Well guys , i've just installed this update 8.93gb and all is running ok (no crashes ) BUT i swear i've lost FPS ,i'm normally locked to half refresh rate which is 72 and i hold steady at that constantly before the update in all areas , now after the update im dropping down to 59-63 FPS , i haven't changed anything on my PC including so i don't know what happened .

Please let us know if you experience a simulor performance drop ,

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    They advertise that both DLCs will add 20-30 hours of game play. If there are no additional quests, what are you supposed to do then?

I personally had a problem with economy in the beginning and middle of the game but later when I hit lvl 40 and had maximized the upgrades of the weapons I was using I didn't feel that it was necessary to upgrade anything else. Also, the money I got from selling blues/purples plus all materials that I no longer needed after having upgraded all gear to max yielded a good amount of money every now and then. Looting all question marks on the map also helped. I have never bought any crates or weapons except some of the Carbon crystals (forgot the name) and after I did almost the whole of the map I had 60k in reserves.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  10. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Sadly, the 1.2.1 patch seems to have wiped my previous benchmarks in the game, so I can't recall what my score was. Though, the new " Save Benchmark " feature is pretty neat and if my memory isn't too faulty, I think my benchmark score has improved a little bit.

In the game itself, riding & running around in either cities or wilderness feels the same to me. So the performance hasn't gotten worse for me.

[​IMG]
    [Overall]
    BenchmarkDate=31-01-2018 23:54
    Performance=7
    AverageFPS=64
    AverageCPUms=8
    AverageGPUms=15
    UplayProfileId=............
    [SystemInfo]
    CPU=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
    GPU=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    VRAMUsedRatio=0.433105
    VRAMTotal=6144
    Driver=390.77
    OSVersion=Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1.7601.18015)
    OSServicePack= Service Pack 1
    [DisplayInfo]
    DisplaysCount=1
    ActiveDisplay=0
    Display0.Name=S22B350
    Display0.Resolution={1920, 1080}
    Display0.RefreshRate=60
    Display0.HDR=no
    Display0.Viewport={ {0, 0}, {1920, 1080} }
    [Language]
    Client=en-US
    Text=en-US
    Sound=en-US
    Subtitles=en-US
    [Graphics]
    AdapterVendorID=4318
    AdapterDeviceID=6088
    MonitorDesc=
    DisplayIndex=0
    WindowPosX=76
    WindowPosY=44
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1768
    WindowedHeight=992
    LastCustomWindowWidth=-1
    LastCustomWindowHeight=-1
    WindowMaximised=0
    RefreshRate=60
    WindowMode=1
    VSyncMode=2
    MaxFPS=0
    PixelDensity=1.00000
    IsUserEditedWindowedDisplaySize=0
    LastUsedFullscreenMode=1
    AdaptiveQuality=0
    Antialiasing=3
    Bloom=1
    Character=5
    CharacterTexture=3
    Cloud=1
    Clutter=4
    CrowdDensity=0
    Culling=0
    DOF=1
    Environment=5
    Fog=2
    Lighting=0
    Particle=0
    PostEffect=0
    Reflection=2
    Shadow=4
    SSAO=2
    Terrain=1
    Tessellation=3
    Texture=3
    TextureFiltering=2
    Water=3
    Wind=0
    [Options]
    SensitivityIndex=5
    AimSensitivityIndex=4
    AccelerationIndex=0
    Controller Feedback=4294967295
    InvertMouseCameraControlX=0
    InvertMouseCameraControlY=0
    EnableCameraAssistanceForMouse=1
    FOVScale=1.15000
    LockSensitivity=300.00000
    LockCursorToTheWindow=0
    [Startup]
    StickyKeys=2
    ToggleKeys=2
    FilterKeys=2
    [Input]
    SelectedPad=None
    KeyboardMouseEnabled=1
    AutoSwitchEnabled=1

11. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Thanks for replying and sharing your setting Angantyr , i've also checked other forums, it would seem that no one else is complaining about a performance loss like me lol .

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    I am experiencing the same issue, the game runs slower than before and I am not seeing any concrete improvement in visual fidelity. Besides, after installing the latest bios for my VIII Hero, I got severe stuttering, the framerate went on irregular intervals to 15 or less fps freezing the image for one second, meaning there was something wrong with CPU usage. Better not installing the Meltdown/Spectre microcode update for now.

I would say I lost about 5 fps on certain conditions, this happens especially when the game has to stream data fast (running or riding an horse) or in areas with lots of light sources, like Alexander's Tomb. It's not a lot but when you're playing at 4k every frame is precious.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Singleton99 likes this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I always had problems combining the torch and indoor places that are mostly dark but have some light sources. Complete darkness + torch is fine though and this also isn't a problem outdoor, only indoors.

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    The torch has always been a framerate killer in indoor areas since the release, I can lose up to 20 frames when it's on and there are other light sources, like in the aforementioned tomb.

15. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Ok just downgraded my Motherboard bios (Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7) from the spector/meltdown fix and still the same problem no performance increase seen nor in the ingame benchmark , something else i've noticed is that before the patch i'm sure i had 90-99% gpu usage most of the time ,now in Alexandria i'm hovering around -70-75-85-91% so maybe it has something to do with gpu utilization, this could explain the 5-8fprs loss (maybe) that's causing me dropping below the 72fps half vsync refresh rate setting i use , as before the patch i was constantly pegged at 72fps .

PS even overclocking my gpu more doesn't seem to increase my fps.

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    What's the resolution you are playing? 1080p right? Driver version? Did you try to modify the energy saving function in the nvcp? Maybe it doesn't push the card's frequency to the maximum.

Or maybe, try to push the resolution a bit further and see what happens with GPU usage. With a 1080Ti you could play at 2k without any problem.

edit: i was reading the old messages but you did not mention the res. my bad.

17. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    hi :)
    as of last night im now using DSR @1440p from 1080p and this has now pushed my gpu usage back to full in big cities and even helped out with the fps fluctuation , however im still sure that the last update did cost me a few fps here and there but i don't see any kind of graphical upgrade that the patch delivered that could have resulted in the loss of fps .

I'm still enjoying the game to be honest ,and performance is reasonable , i just expected more fps from a 1080ti @ 1080p.

18. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I've just read that this game has now been crack/bypassed , do you think there will be a performance increase now guys with the game ?

It will be interesting to see if any benchmarks pop up with the cracked version and if there is any improvement with the 100% cpu usage and if the double layer DRM was the root cause of it .

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 ti 2075/7800
    Yeah I'm interested in that too, seeing as how Ubi vehemently denied that being the case.

20. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I think that cracked games that bypass the security still have that security running.
    The only fair comparation would be with the game without any DRM vs DRM with the same version of the game.
    That will never happen.