Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. yafatana

yafatana Member

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390 nitro
    Vmprotect is like running a virtual machine while playing the game .virtual machine will Max your CPU .

2. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @yafatana Android runs above a virtual machine and it's not exploding all the Smartphones out there and much less having CPUs at 100% all the time.
    Virtual machines don't run CPUs at 100% unless you push it like in a regular native run without VM, I doubt you ever installed any VM in your life, you are as clueless as any other random kid from Steam Forums..

Also and for the last time in here. VMProtect was used before in multiple other Denuvo games.

[​IMG]

XenthorX likes this.
  3. yafatana

yafatana Member

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390 nitro
    Lol we have a upisoft girl here haha

4. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @yafatana I don't get paid by them, so no :)
    But I also still don't own most of their games, and also AC Origins don't run on my system at all.
    But facts are facts..

@Darren Hodgson I think that the different settings offers more distance and overall detail than the predecessors, dispite using the same engine.
    The settings is different, now instead of having multiple NPCs, in one road with buildings on both sides of the street, we get now buildings, vegations, and trees, a lot of trees, regarding geometry complexion, trees and vegation should have much more draw calls than piles of buildings that at the distance the LOD change them for flat buildings.
    But that's just me trying to get a good explanation out of it, it means 0!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017

5. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    Not to mention Origin use dynamic time of day settings now (unlike Unity)

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Tip for G-SYNC users - Leave the in-game framerate uncapped then use RTSS v7.0.0 to force a 60 FPS framerate for really smooth performance, especially now I’ve moved the game over to my SSD. For whatever reason, the in-game caps do not work as well, e.g. setting 60 FPS in-game limits the framerates to 62 FPS and 30 FPS to 31 FPS with inconsistent frame times. With RTSS you get even frame times and it’s a night and day difference for me.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    You have a 60Hz monitor right?

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    "Improved stability and performance". Wonder to what extent.

grzesiek1515 likes this.
  10. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm not seeing an HDR option so I'm wondering if this was only added for consoles.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Well I'm not seeing 100% core usage all the time like I was previously, so it appears they may have improved the CPU load. Anyone else can confirm?

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Looks like they missed a few things.
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.p...Creed-Origins-1-03-Patch-Notes-live-on-PC-PS4

And from the readme.txt file update.

EDIT: Clutter quality can now be toggled to a new lower setting, it can also be toggled to a new higher setting.
    (Which err from the in-game comparison image that's about a meter or so extra so yay? :D )

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  13. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yup, the patch notes you posted are clear, HDR for consoles only.

Last time I checked, my money was as good as anyone else's and once again, console owners little feelings be damned.

Ubischlep, stop punishing paying customers for other people's hardware choices.

/rant off ;)

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    I switched to a 1070, and look at tho's scores! (No idea why it says Low under performance, but it's much better then on Vega 56.)
    https://imgur.com/a/KbGL1

Both are done on ultra high preset at 2560x1080.
    Low fps i had in citties are gone with the 1070, and CPU usage gets much higher now too.

No idea whats going on, hope somehere can can explain it.
    If my CPU would have bottlenecked the GPU, shouldn't my CPU be at 99% through the benchmark?
    As it never went above 70% when i had my Vega 56 in, but with the 1070 it did reach 90%.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Thanks, I'll check it out tonight.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    No, I have a 27" 165 Hz ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q G-SYNC monitor but this game seems to run better for me if I use RTSS to cap the framerate at 60 fps and leave V-Sync off and the Framerate uncapped in-game. The in-game 60 fps limit just doesn't work properly for me, running at a bizarre 62 fps which with G-SYNC should still feel smooth but while it certainly isn't a stutterfest or anything like that, it does not feel as silky-smooth (yeah, clichéd, I know!) as using RTSS to force a 60 fps update which stays at 60 fps and with a consistent 16.,67ms frame time as long as the framerate doesn't dip below. With the in-game 60 fps limit and its 62 fps cap, the frame times do not stay at one value but change, like you would see with bad frame pacing.

Anyway, there's a 1.34 GB patch downloading right now so I'm hoping for some performance improvements over and above what I have now (which is a smooth mostly stutter-free experience now that I've relocated the game from my hard drive to my Samsung 850 EVO SSD plus noticeably faster loading too).

I absolutely love this game so far even if the repetitive mission structure is starting to become obvious 15 hours in. The ancient Egyptian setting is just gorgeous and while the story itself isn't the best for an Assassin's Creed title, it is keeping me hooked to see what happens next. I definitely get a real Black Flag vibe from playing this game, which coincidentally was my favourite Assassin's Creed game until this one (I believe this game is by the same team that developed that game).

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Haven't noticed any patch downloading, maybe it got downloaded while i was away.

Wish i could have tested my Vega 56 a second time with the patch but oh well.

18. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yeah, we need some kind of regulation that forces game devs and publishers to make public their bug/to do list since day one. Keeping consumers or potential costumers on the blind is a shity practice.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does anyone else think that night time is too bright? I mean this is the era before electricity and gas so night time would be much darker than it appears here. I can understand not wanting to make it so realistically dark that the player struggles to see clearly but they've taken it too far IMO. It feels more like you're playing during an eclipse than at night!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  20. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Has anyone had enough time with the patch yet to say if they've noticed any better performance?