Assasin's Creed Shadows

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, May 13, 2024.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Prepare for the elephant in the room

3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    According to Tom Henderson, the game is filled to the brim with microtransactions and all forms of monetization.

And some art work:
    RwwDtZL.jpeg

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I stopped playing them after they dropped the whole simulation thing with Desmond. I must be the only person on the planet who liked that part better than the simulation part.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the reveal is in 5hrs

mrrulez911 likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Can't wait to grab this cheap for 15 or less for the GOTY edition. Mostly because of the setting.

7. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Is this much different from other AC games? I see season pass for expansions and some random currency you can buy. It's been like this for at least last 3 AC games, no?

8. Horse Hooves Clomping

Horse Hooves Clomping Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3060ti 8gb FE
    But why buy currency? Is the game that much more difficult or less fun without 'buying things' ?

Slave2Games likes this.
  9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I love how they never show any real gameplay in their reveals.

Lux Sole and Pale Horseman like this.

11. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    [​IMG]

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    A ninja (Japanese: 忍者, lit. 'one who is invisible'; [ɲiꜜɲdʑa]) or
    shinobi (Japanese: 忍び, lit. 'one who sneaks'; [ɕinobi]) was a covert agent, mercenary, or guerrilla warfare expert in feudal Japan.

Last edited: May 15, 2024
    Lux Sole likes this.
  13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It kinda starts feeling that since west has broadly learned of Yasuke's existence, he's crammed into every media about feudal japan because he's just about only diversity inclusion that can be done without being entirely baseless.

Other than that we don't really know anything about the game itself yet.

Repo Man likes this.
  14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Disappointing there was no gameplay.
    I wonder if you will swap between them so you're not locked out of ninja stuff as Yasuke.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ubisoft pushing the envelope so far up

16. Conan The Barbarian

Conan The Barbarian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    The franchise that will never end.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It's what kinda ruined it.

Xtreme512 likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    DEI money go brrr

We already know what the gameplay looks like though, I mean.... it is a Ubisoft game.

Horse Hooves Clomping likes this.
  19. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I'm genuinely curious about people's opinions on this franchise.

I myself only played a single one in the entire series, and that was AS Odyssey. Now, I'll be honest; Odyssey was somewhat enjoyable. It looked pretty good, really. Now, on a personal note I'm a sucker for Antiquity (Roman Empire and Ancient Greece fascinate me, I watch documentaries about those all the time... I might have had a previous life or two during that period, who knows). The gameplay - although relatively simple, overall - was alright (seen better, seen worse; sort of middle road).

I had a 'honeymoon phase' at the beginning, everything seemed interesting in the game world, especially the exploration (that game's map is ENORMOUS, probably too much). The enemy A.I. (like most games) was trash, so it was usually a cakewalk unless encountering some kind of mini boss (still, A.I. wasn't anything special, mostly 'bullet sponges' or rather 'spear spongers' in that setting, I guess). The music was decent, the story felt 'forced' many times, some weird scenes and sudden 'cuts' in the pacing (and cinematics) which felt very odd; but overall it was enjoyable. But here's the thing: I never actually finished it. The gameplay 'loop' and the types of quests I had to do became repetitive and it really felt like suddenly I was playing some generic MMORPG, with fetch-style quests, or "find that one guy and deal with him" quests, etc. So I did eventually lose interest completely and moved on. Last time I played it would have been at least 4 years ago or so. I don't hate it, it really did 'grab' me for maybe the first 10+ hours of play. But by maybe the 20th hour I was done (and story-wise I don't think I bothered with half of the main quests).

The only other Assassin's Creed game that made me remotely "curious" about it _much later after its release_ (I had zero hype prior to release) was Valhalla. Initially, Valhalla looked terrible to me (outside of cinematic trailers). But I was rather hoping that it would turn out good because it's related to the Vikings (even if it's all stereotyped), who doesn't like Vikings heh? But I'll be honest here at some point, maybe what... 1 year or so after release I looked for it on YouTube, to see how it played out after some patches, and it still looked pretty bad (especially combat and A.I., again, very poorly implemented, enemies were like drones just waiting for the player to butcher them, it looked stupid; and again the sole exception to that were mini bosses, or main bosses encounters).

I genuinely have a hard time understanding why this franchise keeps going. Then again of course the simple answer should be: because it still sells.

Well alright then, if it sells, then I must ask (at least here): Which one of the Assassin's Creed game(s) do you guys actually LOVE, like there has to be one, yeah? If so, why? That one specific game makes your titties go hard for what reason? Anything it does that cannot be found in other games and with better quality? Is it the story? The characters? The... music? What is it? This franchise - at this point - is long-lasting, it's been here since the early 2000s; it had turds, but it must have had its gems. There must be at least "That One Assassin's Creed Game" you 'grew up with' or something. That one game that made you think "DUDE YEAH! Assassin's Creed! Bring me more!".

I'm just curious.

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The rumor is that this game will run on an extensively upgraded version of the AnvilNext engine, which has powered previous Assassin's Creed titles.

Dynamic weather, improved animations and parkour, real time global illumination, ray tracing effects, destructible assets are potential upgrades.