ASRock Z690M-ITX / ax mini-ITX motherboard with 2.5G LAN and Wi-Fi 6E.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Priced right, it will be a serious candidate for SFF or HTPC builds.

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    The vrms look anemic for mid to high end stuff i am 90% sure this motherboard will struggle with 125 watts load and throttle to the hell and back with 250 watts.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    Why_Me likes this.
  4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    They are also 50 amps phases if they where 70 or higher with at least some cooling i would have been a bit more confident in that vrm. 8 phases can be more than fine especially if it is all for the cpu , the 8 phases we see here are not all for the cpu 1 phase is for the ram and 1 to 3 of those for the igp ... Most likely just 1 so this is 6+1+1 vrm most likely .... That said for an i3 will be more than fine

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

ASRock OC Formula and Aqua would like to have a word with you ;) , also hardware unboxed is very bias towards other manufacturers other than gigabyte.

Why_Me likes this.
  6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Ill keep my opinion after reading the actual review.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    yes :D ,I'm writing this on my sff tiny box ASRock deskmini and runs non stop 24/7 , love this tiny little box. I'm quite sure and confident this ASRock z690 mini itx will be fine with 12900k.

Screenshot 2021-12-07 111604.png

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Jas39Grippen and Brasky like this.
  8. b00gersugar

b00gersugar Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 STRIC
    that's like me saying, "oh your pick up truck can haul that bus just fine because i go grocery shopping in my prius". your box has a 65W hard limit for the APU in it and nothing else adding heat to the system. any company that screws up a 65W NUC needs to close up shop immediately. 12600k consumes 120W on average at high loads and can peak as high as 180W. and that's stock. 12900k averages 175W and peaks north of 200W.

this asrock board is a joke. and yes, previous asrock ITX boards had problem handling proper CPUs in the past. not only is that VRM tiny, it has no cooling. which means that either asrock put in hard cap on power draw or that VRM will overhear and throttle. in either case, you'd be spending hundreds of dollars just to have a computer that's only as fast as one that costs half as much. i had this issue is a asrock B450 itx board, which has a VRM not unlike this one. i had to get rid of it and upgrade to an asus B450 board just so that my 3700x could run properly. and that CPU ate half the power of a 12700k.

at this point asrock is manufacturing landfill. if you are looking at this board, do yourself a favor; don't. for the same money you can buy better boards. msi and gigabyte have Z690 boards that are far better and cost about the same.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022