ASRock Z370 motherboards for Intel Coffee Lake CPUs Surface

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Vmhasegawa

Vmhasegawa Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8gb
    I mean... One could see it coming with AMD's naming schemes for their chipsets (B350, X370, X399 and the others) could potentially complicate things with Intel's new series, but damn...
    It will be funny to buy new motherboards in the next few months i guess. Z370 being Intel, X370 being AMD, just adds to the confusion...
    Btw, is the "new" socket still called LGA 1151, or they're going to add something, like a v2 to help?

3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    If the 8700K was 4ghz base clock with 15mb cache and 40 pci-e lanes i'd have upgraded. But since it isn't, i'll keep my money.

4. Tylerb1489

Tylerb1489 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Intel used B150, B250 naming scheme for their budget chip set. So if B350 is already taken by AMD what are they going to use instead? B370?

5. Vmhasegawa

Vmhasegawa Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8gb
    Good question. I mean, I don't think they would change it just because of AMD, but things will become more confusing down the line indeed

6. p1stov

p1stov Member

GPU:
    nvidia palit 560 2GB
    well i think intel is just pushing there limit into gaming more oriented processor because, intel single core scale a bit better and with 6 real cores will give extra gaming performance than more threads

most games, not all but they scale up to 4-6 cores... soo to have 6 real cores with the power of intel single cores, will just give them more advantage into gaming oriented than workstation.

maybe intel just give up the multithreading battle and going more deep in gaming battle, and we all know intels processor are aways better optimized for games, so this is huge advantage with that 6 new real cores. will see benchmarks and do conclusion after.

P.S.
    also to see intel B350 and AMD B350 will be so hilarious :))

7. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Dear colleagues,
    In all this hype about new CPUs and the appropriate chipsets/motherboards, nobody mentions the thing that is important to many of us: are these newest Intel's and AMD's puppies compatible with win 7 64bit? Will I be able REALLY to install (not to run it within virtual machines) on the hardware setups based on kaby lake, cofeelake, ryzen/treadripper...? Few months ago, there were rumors suggesting that kaby wont support it. Along these rumors, AMD claimed full support for win 7 on Ryzen. True or false?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The support is more based around having it work rather than actual support. Windows 7 is old now, it would be unreasonable to keep wanting to use it on new hardware. The answer is yes they work, but no it technically isn't supported and 'shouldn't' be used.

9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070

New hardware, old OS, you folks are odd ducks. Just upgrade the OS to Windows 10 install Classic shell if you don't like the look/feel.

10. Vmhasegawa

Vmhasegawa Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8gb
    Regarding old OS... I don't even think it needs to be discussed, current platforms already don't support it, why would a newer one do? I mean, it will probably work, but work and support are very different things.
    OS wise... I'm not even going to jump into that discussion, people have reasons to hate Windows 10, people also have reasons to love Windows 10. I belong to the first group. Tried, didn't offer anything i really needed, didn't work the way i wanted it to, required way too much effort to bring it to my taste. So yeah, I'm running Ryzen 7 on Win 7 x64 still.