ASRock X570 Taichi Packaging Spotted

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 23, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We've seen a couple of X570 motherboards already, the chipset diagrams. So yeah, why not a box shot? On a Facebook group of Asrock fans in Vietnam, this got posted. ...

ASRock X570 Taichi Packaging Spotted

GSDragoon likes this.
  2. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
  3. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    It's quite easy to disable on the board and it was very minimal on the X470. I highly dislike the over the top RGB that some boards have but Asrock kept it simple.

4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Who looks in the box anyway. I looking on my monitor ;)

And why have a window in the "box" :p

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    It's not so easy to avoid paying for "features" you don't want though. I'd rather pay for better components over stupid lights.
    This is the worst trend in years for hardware, I prefer to mod my cases into what I like them looking and pay for actual good quality hardware.

GSDragoon likes this.
  6. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    True, the markup on those 5 cent led's is crazy. Most high end boards are sitting at a really good level and adding more VRM's wont be beneficial for anything. They all jump on the LED bandwagon since there are enough people who just buy stuff because of shiny lights o_O

7. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    LEDs sell, plain and simple. Some of us may not like them, but many sure do. They are easy to disable.

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It could be more easy to not spend resources on RGB and put a damn passive cooling system on the x570, which had only 15W TDP while in the past all MB manufactures were able to handle more then 15W TDP chipset without issues (in the worst case with a single heatpipe), and some of those chipset had an iGPU which reached the max TDP every time a game was running...

Silva likes this.
  9. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Oh I agree with you. I am merely tired of seeing half the thread of every item that comes out with LED filled with complaints about it.
    They add them to make extra $$ and they sell. They are not going to drop it for now.

MonstroMart likes this.
  10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Of all the things i was expecting to find in the comment section of this, the anti led justice brigade wasn't it.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    LED RGB is the only thing I really dislike of my MB (C6H), I would have prefer having a couple of additional fan connectors...

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Silva likes this.
  12. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    It's not just 5 cents. There are development costs and implementation costs. These are not 5050 standard leds we're talking about.
    How about low end boards, that also come with those stupid leds? I don't want the "X" chipset because I'd never use all it's features, the "B" variant is enough.
    That said, "B" motherboards have less VRM phases, less adequate cooling (sometimes none) and still bring the stupid led shenanigans.

13. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Trust me the led's are really cheap to produce and development costs are low(maybe not 5 cent's but not a whole lot more). Lower/medium spec boards always have and always will be lower/medium spec boards. They will only add stuff that you don't really need anyways, but won't improve the critical components because they rather want you to buy higher spec stuff once you are a demanding user.