ASRock thinks graphics card prices will drop next quarter (less demand from miners)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 18, 2021.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It was under 200 just before the start of this year, I was about to buy it...... when I went to buy it, it was $800 and I ended up not buying it because obviously..... wtf price is wtf..

Since posting that image last week the card has now dropped to $649.

mohiuddin likes this.
  2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Personally short of marrying, stealing or inheriting money bitcoin is currently my only chance at making a decent bit of cash.
    May i say also i'm not a gambler, never do i gamble, i've known gambling addicts and it's a very very sad state of being.
    I am learning about investing though, a very costly process but it's what i signed up for.
    @DeskStar Thanks for your reply friend.:)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    DeskStar likes this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Undying likes this.
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Sooner or later it's gonna be banned worldwide due to power consuption. US is gonna be the next one banning it if people move there to mine.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's kind of like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  6. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    One of the few people that I do not mind if for personal reasons as your self.

Only true qualm I have with it all is it's interest in these asshats that are doing it for the millions of dollars sake.

They are the ones destroying infrastructures with their falling into unwarranted power sources and taking with putting nothing back in.

I am sure you're not of the aforementioned. That one example is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to sideways people and their want/need for crypto.

"Good luck for you and may your hardware mine for years and never die!"

And thank you brother.

DannyD likes this.
  7. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Hope you're right. It's already happening as we type!

8. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
  9. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    And @DannyD

Marriage is not a meal ticket. Could be a sentencing for some if not looked at in the right conditions. HA!

Just kind of having fun with your response is all.

Have a good one man!

DannyD likes this.
  10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    You're a bloody living legend!:D

DeskStar likes this.

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I appreciate the complement. But aren't legends usually dead? HAHAHA. Either way I'm laughing my ass off over here!

DannyD likes this.
  12. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX580
    Nah, pretty much sums it all up, tired of all the crap, just want my GPU, so I can disappear back into the digital world until I find myself with a knife in the back. What a shithole, I wish I could leave.

This will probably be me in the future:
    https://mybroadband.co.za/news/gami...-gunpoint-during-twitch-livestream-video.html

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    DeskStar likes this.
  13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Yes gpu market for gamers is about to open up, market confirmation, alt coins terrible news for them. Only bitcoin wins.
    etherium goes down 30% up against bitcoin in last month.(not to mention the cash value it lost which is also massive but not as important as its value against bitcoin.

[​IMG]

14. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I did too. Kind of had no choice. Started a new build last fall before the RTX 3k and RX 6k launched and promised my nephew my old PC for his kids. I'm not the kind of person to not keep a promise. Was not too bad last winter cause the school was in and out with covid but it looks like it will start gain next fall so i ideally had to buy one before next fall. He doesn't put pressure on me at all but i hate to not keep a promise that would suck. I saw a RX 6800 Red Dragon for 1400$ CAD and bite the bullet. The msrp of this card in canada should theoretically be around to 800$ so it's not too bad (yeah that's how crappy 2021 is when you can say 600$ over msrp is not too bad). Well lesson learned i guess ...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Solfaur likes this.
  15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    I'd like a 3080 or 3070 FE, i'd go up to £800 for a 3080FE, and £700 for a 3070FE, around September time i'd be willing. (i'd even go for 3090 FE refurb with warranty)
    my current card was shipped out back door of msi through ebay. Decent price too very decent.

16. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I do not mind anyone mining with their own PC. I mean if you let your PC mine when you are not using it during the day or when you're out then there's not much arm to anybody outside of a slight increase in power consumption. What i do personally mind is the mining farms buying hundreds if not thousands of GPUs for the sole purpose of mining a virtual "currency" that has, so far, failed as a currency and will continue to do so until the volatility aspect of it is resolved. Wasting all this silicon and power for speculations is not only sad but long term is going to be a major problem since our society is built around and depends on computers. There's a computer in pretty much everything these days and wasting silicons for some virtual speculative investment schemes is beyond dumb.

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2060
    Respect, fellow guru.

DeskStar and Legacy-ZA like this.
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Seems the price drop has stopped here in the Netherlands.

RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio has been 1000 Euros for a week now.

Need more crypto banning.

DeskStar likes this.
  19. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    And here is to hoping that kind of BS n ver happens to you or anyone any of us ever knew or know.

So friggin sad that garbage is happening.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Crypto drop stopped as well, they go hand in hand. If BTC goes over 40k again, you can bet prices will go up again too.