Asrock Rocked Me! Or at least is in the process!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by jugsta, Feb 21, 2006.

1. jugsta

jugsta Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS AGP
    hey you guys. I am having the worst time with my board and my video card. Asrock Sata Dual with BFG 6800gs agp. Let me first start by saying that a week ago everything was fine. but then, I noticed that my card was saying it was pci. My performance in games was under par so I naturally assumed that there lied the problem. Fresh Win XP install cuz I got new HDD (WD Sata II 250gb). After windows booted, I installed CPU, AGP, LAN drivers from asrock disc. So I go to install the Nvidia drivers from the BFG disc and it prompts "... Cannot find the drivers for the specific device" (or something like that). I also tried the ones from Nvidia.com. Anyways, now in the "Other devices" tab in the device manager it has "VGA Controller" and when I click on it, it says that it is not configured properly. tryed to install drivers on top of it but it would not allow. Also tried Uli integrated drivers in contrast to the original asrock drivers. It really has been a mess. I have tried many different combinations in order to get this to work but to no avail. Was wondering if there was somebody out there with some working knowledge of this board+card combo. Thanks!

2. jugsta

jugsta Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS AGP
    Oh yea, forgot to mention that the way that I got it to actually detect my video card was to not install agp driver from asrock and disc and go straight to installing Nvidia drivers.

3. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Sounds like u need to install the motherboard drivers... :)

4. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    The 81.98's on the nvidia website don't support the 6800gs. Head over to nzone.com or the guru3d downloads and pick up 82.xx or higher.

5. jugsta

jugsta Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS AGP
    woohoo.... with the newest bios there was a update for a "agp p2p file" or something. I had to switch it on in the bios. Boy did it do the trick. BF2 runs like a charm. Can't wait to get my corsair xms 1gig on Wednesday. Sorry for the false alarm guys... if you knew how long I struggled with it today you would understand. Thanks again.

6. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Can i ask you a question jugsta...I just received my ASrock dual MB yesterday and im still waiting for my operating system to get here, but i have a question about the jumpers. What do i need to do to them or can i leave them in the default positon? Thats the only thing bugging me so far.

7. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Don't touch the jumpers! There now I've said it in both threads!

8. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    Except maybe the CMOS LoL:)

9. lancerz

lancerz Guest

Can you tell me exactly what you had to do in order for your 6800GS AGP to work properly, i have the same card and will probably have the same problems when i install it.