ASRock Launches Intel Z390 motherboards with Phantom Gaming Series

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. SmootyPoody

SmootyPoody Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 ref
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yep, that was the plan. They, however, posted it all.

tunejunky likes this.
  4. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    If rumors are true, you will be able to get a 2700x with it´s fan cooler and an Asus Crosshair motherboard for the price of a 9900k CPU when it launches. Let´s wait until october, 19th to get the reviews (if is not just a paper launch) and let´s hope that the price/performance ratio worth it

tunejunky likes this.

5. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    the new standard 2.5Gb ? where ? the next standard already exists and it's called 10Gbit
    I'm lucky enough to have 10GBit internet so hard pass for me completely useless port
    win7 with Intel X550 ethernet card https://www.speedtest.net/result/d/b6170b84-a376-42f8-8413-4bbdfcb144aa
    in reality my max seems to be 2.8Gb/s probably because of the SSDs/motherboard etc..steam torrents etc all max out at 2.8 can't be a coincidence
    I know I'm a special case, still why would you release a brand new chipset with 2.5Gb it seems dumb to me..I'm waiting for the ASrock with the 10Gb port

6. codyrocco

codyrocco Member

GPU:
    Mali T720
    As a Romanian, very proud by my 1gbps connection, seeing what Salt Fiber offers at a very small price... well, I'm hiding in a dark corner, weeping uncontrollably.

7. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    you can be very proud, Europe, all the "eastern" countries especially Russia have fast connection compared to the US or Australia I was looking for large files to test the connection and downloaded some random 8K quality demo movie with torrent, one guy from Ukraine was uploading to me at 111Mbyte/s too bad I couldn't message him to say thank you ahahah (fun fact I could not play the video on that computer)

anyways thanks Guru3d I'm waiting to order a Z390 motherboard, my current computer seems to be dying I have a lot of trouble to boot I can't boot at all with the default settings in bios
    time to upgrade and switch to win10
    edit : uh wait don't tell me they completely removed the 10Gbit from their z390 line ?
    the fatality MB had one and they announced one for it's z390 replacement
    a PCIE 10Gb card not only takes a PCIE slot but also 4x pcie lanes (it can even shutdown other things like SATA drives if you run out of lanes, happened to me)
    I was hoping that maybe if it was integrated onto the MB it wouldn't be the case, ethernet cards M.2 SSDs more and more stuff is using lanes, they release motherboards with x m.2 and pcie slots but you can't use them anyway...unless you buy a Ryzen ^^

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    it seems that ASrock backed down from 10Gb ethernet and replaced it by 2.5
    a downgrade that makes sense when you read this and my post above (10Gbit takes x4 lanes !)
    probable reason found in videocardz comments
    >savt
    The bigger problem with 10Gb is that it requires multiple PCIe lanes to run, 2.5Gb takes a single 2.0 lane, 1Gb takes a single 1.0 lane.
    considering that irl I have more like 2.8 limited by my hardware, going to 2.5 to free up 2 lanes seems like a good idea if it allows to install a(nother) M.2 SSD

edit : the taichi ultimate still has 10Gbit ethgernet it seems
    that said I'm not sure I want it now freeing up 2 lanes for another SSD or USB seems a better option, getting speeds above 2.5 is not everyday anyway, you'll be getting 500Mb/s most of the time on steam typically, that was a special case, pre-load are always ultra fast

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The only thing phantom about ASRock is their customer support and quality checking. They didn't even respond the last time I emailed them which wasn't even for tech support, it was to order an item you can only buy by ordering directly through them. When they respond for tech support they say some nonsense in broken English that makes no sense until you give up. Well, at least they don't remove power phases from later motherboard revisions like Gigabyte does.