1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asrock h97m pro 4 randomly wakes from sleep

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by xenphor, Jun 16, 2015.

1. xenphor

xenphor Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    Does anybody have the ASrock H97m pro 4 and have issues with the computer randomly waking from sleep for no reason? It's happened quite a few times even though the firmware is updated. I noticed on the downloads page for the bios that one update addresses sleep function but it still happens.

This is with pretty much no other processes running in the background and wake from lan disabled.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
  3. xenphor

xenphor Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    I followed that guide but my computer still woke up. I ran this command:

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 1
    Wake Source [0]
    Type: Device
    Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CB1&SUBSYS_8CB11849&REV_00\3&11583659&0&A0
    Friendly Name:
    Description: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
    Manufacturer: Intel(R) Corporation

This implies a USB device woke the computer up even though I didn't touch anything?

4. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You can go uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" in device manager. However, it'll mean that you can no longer use the mouse/keyboard to wake your computer from sleep. Alternatively you can try to isolate (most likely) the mouse, and just disable that port so you can still use your keyboard to wake vs power button.

Sometimes just tiny movements are enough to trigger a reaction from a mouse (like if you walk around the table, there might be vibrations).

5. xenphor

xenphor Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    I know I could disable wake from sleep with my mouse and keyboard but I actually like that feature unfortunately.