ASRock B650 Motherboard Lineup Leaks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Videocardz has obtained the specifications for ASRock's upcoming B650 and B650E motherboards. We are looking at seven models this time, four B650E and three B650 models in all. According to Videocard...

ASRock B650 Motherboard Lineup Leaks

tunejunky likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    And the prices are...?

3. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    idk... but lower than the other board partners given they have an X670E for $100 less than everyone else - and it doesn't skimp on the pcbs or vrms
    these B 650 specs are fantastic and equal many premium x570's - which they will be less expensive than. not one of these boards (excepting maybe b650E) is going to be anywhere near the $300 of the low end X670E as you still have an x670 (vanilla) line-up yet to be released

Embra and Kaarme like this.
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Some of these boards do look like they would work for me, not that I'd be building a new PC. Assuming this is the new sort of pricing scheme that will stick, I guess that's something to keep in mind. I just need a decent amount of USB ports and an optical audio out. Optical out is missing from most of these, but present in a few. I might learn to live with 4 SATA connectors, but I really wouldn't want any less than that. For example, B650E Steel Legend has only two SATA connectors, despite being a full ATX board!

Actually, my humble requirements would already leave me with only one or two choices among all the Asrock B650(E) series mobos! I wonder what people are usually looking for in a mobo. A wifi, huh, despite it being for a desktop? It seems like wifi is Asrock's favourite child. I want my desktop to be connected to the router with a cat cable, so wifi would be something I'd turn off in Windows. I'd rather take a couple of SATA ports or optical out.

tunejunky likes this.

5. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Penny pinching while they jack up the costs. The E-ATX board has a measly 2 PCIe slots; I presume it's to make room for the NVMe slots. I'd rather see more PCIe slots and leave expansion decisions up to the user.

Kaarme likes this.
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    This is why big differences between the versions would be good, so that varying requirements are satisfied. I haven't needed more than the first PCIe slot, for the graphics card, for multiple generations of PCs already. So, two of them would be more than sufficient for me. An M.2 SSD directly on the mobo hampers the air flow less than an addon card with M.2 sockets. If I had a modern mobo with three M.2 sockets, that would be fine for me. I already have filled both of the two M.2 sockets in my X570 mobo.

That being said, like you said, an extended form factor mobo still offering scant capabilities is strange. What is that extra space even used for? It only has three M.2 sockets, which fit on regular ATX.

Prince Valiant and tunejunky like this.